Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

What was the last movie you saw? DISCUSSION (Please Use Spoiler Tags For New Films)

The Fighter - Thought it was a good film . Wonderful cast performances, especially from Christian Bale, he was excellent..
Old 01-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

today in a theater

'blue valentine'

the best word to describe this film is: depressing....as in very depressing....
i walked out of this movie feeling like i'd been hit by an emotional sledge hammer......which left me with a pronounced feeling of no hope.....

what's interesting to note this film was initially rated nc-17.....why?....because it features the same kind of bedroom sex scene that was shown in 'black swan' only this time it's between a man and a woman.......i'm not going to say that it's permissible to show this kind of activity on the movie screen when it's between 2 women.....but it does cause to me to pause and wonder, what on earth is the difference?.......the company that made 'blue valentine' appealed it's initial rating to the mpaa and won it's appeal with no cuts to the film.....the film is now rated r.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

The Name of the Rose

Classic!

Old 01-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i just recently watched The Human Centipede. This movie is disturbing
Old 01-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

I saw the Human Centipede about a month ago also...strange strange movie!

Mukooh---I kept reading that the sex scene is more realistic and very emotional then in other movies so that is why it garnered the NC-17 rating....is that true? I still think it's dumb to give it that rating but I'm sure the studio is a bit happy because it sure did get them a lot of press.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

My Sassy Girl with Elisha Cuthbert & some guy, which was disappointing and it struck me as stupid that Charlie never told her about his cousin, especially after she told him about her fiancé... How did Charlie not know his cousin was engaged? All it would have taken was a couple of questions and all would have been revealed!
Old 01-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackersandJen (View Post)
The Name of the Rose

Classic!
Agreed.

Buried - It was intense.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Regarding Henry - Do love this film. It's on of my favourite Ford films, quite under-rated I think. Lovely performance by Harrison Ford and Annette Benning as his wife..
Old 01-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Last movie I watched was The Lovely Bones like 2 days ago. The book is sooo much better than the movie I was dissappointed
Old 01-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Blue Valentine - Broke my heart in ways I can't even describe. Fantastic.
rearview mirror — it’s in the past, it’s behind her. He’s still running.
He’s in the same running outfit he wore in the pilot.”
Old 01-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

O Brother, Where Art Thou?

I must admit I'm a bit disappointed. It began really nice, I liked the music (especially of course the great "Man of constant sorrow") and the atmosphere and the casting and the look, but the story had its lengths, sure there were great scences, but also some that very a bit useless in my opinion. And I missed the humor, maybe it was because of the southern slang, that was a bit difficult for me to understand, but I almost didn't had to laugh during the whole movie. Anyway, a nice movie, the Coen brothers are really great directors, I had my problems with this one, let's say with all there movies, but "Great Lebowski" and "Fargo" are a bit better.

7/10
Old 01-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

yesterday.....

the newest film by sofia coppola ('the virgin suicides')

'somewhere'

can you say loneliness, isolation and no joy to living? if you can you've pretty much expressed the general theme of this film, imo....another movie which left me on a "bummer" as i exited the theater....

Old 01-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

True Grit (2010) - thought this was not a bad film. Must admit I thought it would be better. Doesn't take it away from the good performances though, including newcomer Hailee Steinfeld, , I thought she was great. Can't say whether it was better or worse than the original as I've never seen it..
Old 01-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Finally got to watch movies that was released last year.

Easy A, I loved this movie. It reminded me of an 80's comedy movie. Great cast and very funny scenes. Great music too. I'll have to buy the dvd.

Hot Tub Time Machine, Thought it was funny and I did think it would have been better. Funny though and the movie had great music too.

The Other Guys, Really liked this movie. A must have to add to me collection. This movie was so funny. It also had my man The Rock in it. Though I thought would be in the whole thing. I must say my mouth dropped at what happened to him.

Nightmare on Elm Street, I'm a fan of the original and the remake I thought was rushed. The characters weren't explained more. Freddy Kruger looked fake.

Madea Goes to Jail, love the Madea series. These movies are hilarious. Tyler Perry makes great movies.

The Back-up Plan, I thought this was a cute movie. Jennifer Lopez and Alex O'Loughlin were great in this. They have really good chemistry together. I'll have to get this on dvd too.
Ships: Dylan/Kelly, Spike/Buffy, Angel/Buffy, Damon/Elena, Cullen/Lily, James Bond/Vesper Lynd, Captain Hook/Emma Swan, Tony Stark/Pepper Potts, Dante/Lulu, Danny/Michelle, Tony/Marah, Sonny/Claudia, Danny/Samantha, Tyler/Caroline, Tuck/Lauren, Rafe/Sami, Batman/Catwoman
Closed Thread   Post New Thread