Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

What's Favorite Movie Genre? (Brief Description NO LISTS)

OK we all like movies (obiviously) but I was wondering what movie genres you like the most and brief description why you like that genre.

My favorite Movie Genres:

Horror: I like being movies that leave me on edge and wanting more scenes that will shock or scare the ***** out of me. I like all types of horror movies from slasher horror films to ghost horror films.

I have few more but I will discuss them later.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

I probably could come up with a couple, but my favorite without a doubt is:

Fantasy - I like that fantasy movies usually take me to a place beyond reality, beyond the known world, into a world where anything is possible. That's why fantasy movies appeal to me so much. I love to explore life beyond the normal.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Oh Slim Jim,you're a horror fan

My favorite types of movies are Dramedies..not an official film genre,but movies that are both funny and serious like Garden State or Sideways.I like films that make me laugh but also make me think.Best combo for me.
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
DreamOn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Horror. as much as i hate being scared i also love it because of the suspense and adrenaline rush it gives me. i hate to add a second genre i love but i have to- i love documentaries- i like things that are real
CutieMcPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Master Fan

I like this idea - we had/have a similar thread but I don't think the subject is as clearly stated.

In all honesty I love all sorts of films - I couldn't possibly choose a favorite. No - really! And I definitely go in phases - like, for 2 months I'll be more into one thing and then 3 months following that, something else completely.

My current addiction - classic thrillers, but 6 months ago it was Hindi family dramas.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Total Fan

I like all types of movies really, but Horror movies are my absolute favorite. I like movies that keep me on the edge of my seat and that get my heart pumping. And I like being scared. That sounds weird.

I also enjoy comedies a lot. I'm always in a mood for a good laugh and there are some really great movies out there. They are always good when I am feeling down. I can always count on Jim Carrey or Sean William Scott to give me a good laugh.

And 80's movies. I think that counts as a genre. Can't get any better than those good ol' 80's films. I love them. There are so many great ones, like Breakfast Club and Ferris Bueller. I just never get tired of watching those.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

What genre of movie do you go to the theater for?

Yep thats the question!

I think I probably go to like blockbusters or dramas the most.
Merlin_Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Since I'm a film critic, I go to watch the films that are generally praised by the critics I know and appreciate. Generally, I don't like blockbusters. I prefer the small indie films (NOT the Sundance stuff, of course, which is everything but independent) and "le cinéma des auteurs" (in USA, people like Lynch, Cronenberg, etc...).

Don't dream it...be it
Television man is crazy saying we're juvenile delinquent wrecks, man I need TV when I got T.Rex?
VU&NICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Horror flicks. Anything that involves mentally disabled freaks killing people is my cup of tea and worth my 8 bucks.
R.I.P. #21 Sean Taylor
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Usually fantasy. Sometimes a period or epic piece.

I've never gotten the urge to watch something like a comedy on the big screen. I don't watch them much period, but there's a couple I'll watch on dvd. However, if it's a fantasy movie and I want to see it, I always go to the theater. Those movies come alive on the big screen in a way that I don't think a comedy would.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

I go more for the actors involved than actual genre or category of movie. In general I guess I gravitate more towards comedies and romantic comedies.

Cassiel: If you'd known this was going to happen, would you have done it?
Seth: I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. ONE.
- City of Angels
Clewless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

Oh I forgot about the romantic comedies!!!

I have never really been to a big period movie at the theater, Gladiator and Titanic are the only onces I can think of.
Merlin_Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Addicted Fan

hmm, I usually go to see romantic comedies or big blockbusters, along with the occasional drama film. I find that I concentrate better on serious films when I'm at the theatre rather than when I rent at home.

Icon: me
simply_bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

Hey everyone - we already have a thread for this topic.

Since this is a duplicate I'll close it, but I hope you'll continue the discussion there. And don't forget to check the Master List before starting a new thread. Thanks!

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

Haha, oopsey.