Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2021, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Remember the days when people were OBSESSED with these two (on and off screen)? I remember checking the Lion_Lamb community for updates pretty much every day. A pic of Rob and Kristen looking dazzling at the Breaking Dawn Part 1 Premiere ~

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Still wondering how they could remake this series and make people happier?

Whenever people bring up the cast, you still get haters saying "the problem was also Stephenie Meyer's writing" So... What's the solution? Because the story itself can't change.

My take ~ if people like Bella/Edward they'll like it no matter what. Same with Bella/Jacob or any other couple in the series.

If you don't like any of the relationships, if you don't like that vampires sparkle in the sunlight... Just let the people who DO like it discuss it.

There are many other vampire movies that all follow the same set of rules. I admire that Stephenie tried to increase the romance and the INNOCENCE of the main guy. There are many Edwards in popular television shows... The Vampire Diaries (Stefan), True Blood (The Bill) and of course Louis in Interview With The Vampire.

If you can embrace them then why not Edward?
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 10-23-2021, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Well, this hit me in the feels

Kellan and Ashley were besties during the filming of the series and made a movie together called A Warrior's Heart (2011). Looks like they're still bonded today

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 10-24-2021, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

oh nice...thanks for sharing...it was Twilight and Kristen that helped me find Fan Forum way back in december 2011
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ Aww that's lovely

I used to post on the board a lot. I was also a regular lurker on the Lion + Lamb livejournal community site
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-12-2022, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

Failed Twilight Script Included Shocking Deaths, Jet Skis and 'Bad Ass' Bella

Quote:
As the OG screenwriter speaks out, "Twilight" director Catherine Hardwicke explains why his work had "to go in the trash."
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ I swear, it's as if Catherine Hardwicke lives under a rock when it comes to acknowledging the response to these films.

That sounds a lot grittier and more daring. Yeah I don't like films taking too many liberties with source material but given the story's inability to engage with a male audience in a lot of areas, I think Hardwicke missed out here on recognizing the potential. Sounds as if Bella was a lot fiercer and more self driven, which probably would have helped viewers embrace her romance with Edward a lot more. He's always saving her in the movies, and that didn't go down well with a modern audience who fail to see the equality or substance of their relationship until Breaking Dawn.

Not sure what I think of them killing off the two dads that soon, though. Guess the writer wanted Bella to stand alone and grow up quickly, aka Tris in Divergent.

But Melissa Rosenberg did NOT write these films well. His version sounds like it would've been action packed, which... If they got the right balance of that and the love story, it could have been GREAT.

Feels like a missed opportunity. Damn it, Catherine.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-09-2022, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Robert Pattinson reveals a Harry Potter + Twilight connection you may have missed (or not )

Quote:
“It was definitely my concept to jump out of the tree at the beginning of my intro, which I then kind of repeated later on in Twilight,” he revealed.

“For some reason, I always have a suggestion to be like, ‘Why doesn’t he just appear just jumping out of a tree?’”
Also,

Quote:
Robert also reflected on Twilight, saying the movie “has a passion” to it.

“I was 21 and I kind of wanted to make it as arty as possible.”
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-28-2022, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Over the weekend, I had a Twilight Saga re-watch (except Eclipse) and (rant incoming...)

It is frustrating how the Jacob love interest aspect is played up in New Moon unnecessarily. That book was about the Romeo & Juliet story of E/B. It didn't get the same treatment in the film, which is particularly annoying as I remember the director Chris Weitz bigging up Edward's character at the time. Melissa Rosenberg did such a poor job with the love story in these movies and I know it's not all her fault given how shallow some of Stephenie Meyer's writing was, but I still expected better.

Case in point, we even have a stupid moment where Bella tells Jacob she loves him... Right in front of Edward. And I can clearly remember her NOT acknowledging any type of love for Jacob in the New Moon book except the friendship kind. But the way it's scripted and delivered is all so wrong.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-29-2022, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

unexpected and cute meet-up of Kristen and Rami at the Oscars Vanity Fair Party ... Loved him in Breaking Dawn Part 2!

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-01-2022, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Ashley Greene has a 'Twilight' gossip podcast set up and had on Kellan as a guest.

So in a nutshell, this cast were all hot for each other

Kristen and Robert dated for 4 years (and I don't wish to remember her stupid actions which caused the break-up...)

Ashley crushed on Jackson (surprised, I actually thought her and Kellan had a thing for each other )

Kellan and Nikki were a "what if" thing, friends who could have easily crossed the line but didn't

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-06-2022, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Sounds as if David Cronenberg met Kristen Stewart when she was dating Robert Pattinson (Rob worked with David on COSMOPOLIS, which aired at Cannes Film Festival along with Kristen's ON THE ROAD)

Also it's ironic how everyone in the quote tweets/replies is hyped for the idea of them reuniting on screen, but not even considering if Rob would be okay with it...? She publicly cheated on him and it's still talked about to this day. Pretty sure nobody would support Rob if he had done the same thing to her But here's the article and decide for yourself if you want Robsten reunited in a non-Twilight project ~

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-20-2023, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Reboot news:

Lord give me STRENGTH -- after countless years of haters acting like Stephenie Meyer's literary works were a complete joke, she's reportedly signing a deal for the series to be redone as a TV show ~

‘Twilight’ TV Series in the Works
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-20-2023, 05:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

I saw the news!
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

HOLLYWOOD IS A JOKE!!!

They acted as if Twilight was the pits of the film AND book industry. If that was the case, then why would they want to remake it?
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top