Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2021, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I really miss living in a pre-social media era where things actually stayed under wraps

The surprise element has mostly gone

The Scream movies declined in quality but I do still love 1-3 and the killer reveals. I think Kevin did a good job of keeping them varied and giving them good motives.

Yes I did like the reveal of Scott Foley as Sidney's brother even though a lot of people we like "meh"
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-21-2021, 05:04 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I miss it too, cause I was always shocked by things that happened back then lol. Now they get leaked or you at least get hints about where things are headed. No genuine surprise anymore really. I liked Sidney's brother being the killer in the third film too, but I do still hate that there isn't a second killer. I still don't get why the third film is the only one with one killer.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I still don't get why the third film is the only one with one killer.
Even though it breaks the pattern, I think it kinda makes sense. Given the context, we learn that he manipulated Billy (someone who's not stupid and not easily led unless provoked by his parental issues) - and given that it turns out to be a blood relative behind it all, I think it was the writer's way of depicting her brother as a true loner and sociopath who liked to think of himself as the genius pulling the strings. If they had given him a partner, maybe it would have implied some weakness on his part. He's able to have Sidney suspect a lot of people (many with good reason) and the fact that she didn't know she had a brother (I think? ) meant that the final confrontation was like a 90's version of Laurie vs Michael Myers from the Halloween series.

Or maybe I'm over thinking it / giving them too much credit and they just wanted to keep it simple
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-22-2021, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

haven’t seen the 3rd one...
Old 04-22-2021, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
haven’t seen the 3rd one...
I'll give you a basic two-line summary then

PRO: The killer is Sidney's long-lost brother, who masterminded the whole thing because their mother walked out on him and built a life with Sidney instead (Scott Foley is surprisingly good as a nerdy filmmaker on the brink of unhinged madness).

CON: They ret-con the first movie by having Sidney's brother be the one to manipulate Billy into a revenge mission by showing him tapes of his father meeting up to have sex with Sidney's mother (this might have been better if we had gotten actual scenes filmed of Foley's character manipulating Skeet Ulrich).
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-11-2021, 11:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

Watch: Courteney Cox Teases 'Scream 5's Continuity in a New Interview
Old 05-13-2021, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Wait, I'm totally confused.

If (according to Courteney Cox) it's not a remake or a reboot OR sequel but something "completely new", then is she even playing the same character?

I don't get it. Unless she's exaggerating to make it sound more interesting?
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-16-2021, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm confused too
Old 05-16-2021, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I think that's why it's a mistake to keep continuing all these sagas from the past. Leave them alone because they'll only end up getting run into the ground.

I still haven't seen the 4th one all the way through. Just saw some of the ending (and I didn't like what I saw in the trailer)
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-16-2021, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed, kinda has been run into the ground already
Old 05-16-2021, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I'm surprised it's not weird at all for Courteney and David to keep filming these together... Although it's lovely that they're still civil
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-16-2021, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Probably helps they have been divorced for a while too
Old 05-16-2021, 05:47 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I forgot they are divorced now. I love the Scream movies, but this fifth movie seems pointless and too late. The fourth film came out ten years ago, that's when they should of done Scream 5. They said back then there would be a new trilogy then they just up and left for ten years. Now you want to do a fifth film? I just don't get the point and don't really care anymore lol.
Old 05-18-2021, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It reminds me of when they announced a 4th Toy Story movie after promising everyone that the series would remain a trilogy because the third one was a beautiful ending.

P.S. The 4th Toy Story was absolute bottom of the pile trash. I was disgusted as a loyal fan of that series. They ruined so many characters (e.g. Bo Peep) and integral relationships. Woody and Buzz barely even talked to each other. I'd love for that movie to be disregarded from canon.

SCREAM is basically becoming the new Pirates of the Caribbrean. They're churning new ones out in an era that has no place for them, and without any regard for how these beloved characters are becoming bland and repetitive. How many times can Sydney wrestle with the same demons?

Plus I don't think the stakes were ever higher than in the first movie. You can't beat the reveal that the long-term boyfriend who she just lost her virginity to (plus his best friend who was part of their inner circle for years) had betrayed her like that. Nothing will ever measure up to that level of drama in the series or those performances from Neve, Skeet and Matthew.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-22-2021, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I forgot they are divorced now. I love the Scream movies, but this fifth movie seems pointless and too late. The fourth film came out ten years ago, that's when they should of done Scream 5. They said back then there would be a new trilogy then they just up and left for ten years. Now you want to do a fifth film? I just don't get the point and don't really care anymore lol.
Me neither, plus I didn't really want a fourth one either
Closed Thread   Post New Thread