Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2004, 11:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

*pokes head in thread, scared*

I suffer a extreme phobia of sharks. I love the ocean and all other things in it but when it comes to sharks I cannot. I went on the Jaws ride in Florida and had a massive panic attack. And cannot watch anything with sharks in it or I come close to tears. Jaws and Deep Blue sea I have been made to watch by my evil brothers as they beleive it will conour my fear -Whatever- but nope I cried and coverd my face in those movies.

This one I was skipping channels and saw the trailer and would not go in the pool the next day . My friends love this kinda thing and are gonna drag me and I will be scared outta my whits I am sure.

*runs out crying*
Old 08-29-2004, 12:19 AM
Master Fan

Well..I'm sure you wouldn't, but if you are that paranoid about them. Do not even attempt to peak at this movie cause you will never get in the ocean again.

SATC
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 12:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

Maybe I'll wait for video......so I can press the stop button whenever.

When I was 7, I went to Universal Studios Jaws Ride and the shark popped out right next to me. I was like and almost dropped my sunglasses into the water.

When I watched Deep Blue Sea, I was like cuz I didn't really know what the movie was about before watching it.

I know this one is less Hollywood kinda scary and bloody but I dunno......still deciding.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 08:28 AM
Loyal Fan

I saw Open Water but I don like it. I was waiting more excited movie.I am really sorry for pay it.
Joey&.Dawson Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Joey&.Dawson Forever
I saw Open Water but I don like it. I was waiting more excited movie.I am really sorry for pay it.
I was a bit disapointed myself, but it was still a different kind of horror movie. It kind of gave me a bad vibe, I know that's weird to say. But, when it was over I felt like I felt after I had watched Mystic River.

SATC
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I have to disagree with the above posts, because I LOVED this film. I thought it was scary, in a very subtle, realistic way. I thought the increasing tension between the husband and wife as they were basically left to die was very upsetting. I also thought the final act where the company finally realizes that they're missing, was appropriately anger-inducing and I was screaming "IT'S TOO LATE YOU IDIOTS!"

This works as a Drama and as a Horror. As scary and tragic as JAWS, in my opinion.

Best 'shark' movies : JAWS | OPEN WATER | DEEP BLUE SEA
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Omg yes this movie was crazy.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin0611 (View Post)
Omg yes this movie was crazy.

It definitely opened my eyes to the terrible mistakes that can be made in real life, when booking trips within a holiday.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-04-2018, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really liked the 2nd and 3rd ones more.
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

is this like that eerie Dead Calm film with Nicole Kidman and Billy Zane? haven't seen Open Water.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

All three films in this series are based on true events so that's where it can fall flat for some. They don't hype it up too much but try to keep some of the realism about it.
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I honestly didn't even know it had sequels!

The first movie to me is such a brilliant horror/drama combination that truly succeeded in delivering a suspenseful lost-at-sea image of the real tragedy it was based on. It is so effective in its simple message to the irresponsible organizers of the boating trip - whoever did this in real life should have been held accountable. I don't know how you could even live the utter shame of the mistakes made that cost these innocent people their lives.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Reply   Post New Thread