Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2023, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Amazon clip - Noah punches Nick thinking he's Dan then kisses his bruised body -

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Check out this thread of various Gabriel-Nicole photos throughout the years [from SKAM to MY FAULT] -

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-10-2023, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Culpa Mia pool scene repost by Gabriel and liked by Nicole I feel sequel filming time is drawing near

and I love the Instagram caption by Amazon Espana: Heatwave in Spain
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-11-2023, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've loved Nicole since Skam so I had to watch this movie. The previews looked interesting and I do tend to love these sort of sexy/50 shades type movies.

And... that's exactly what it felt like to me. Sexy, chaotic, a bit toxic, and all over the place. But it was still entertaining.

My fav. part of the movie was the beginning, I liked watching Nora and Nick meet and start flirting/arguing with each other. I am a big fan of hate/love stories.

Least fav. bits were all the racing stuff, I didn't expect to watch another fast and furious movie. All that stuff was a bit unrealistic, but it's a movie, so I'll let it slide.

I also found the bits with her ex weird because he didnt even seem to care that she had moved on and was kissing her brother? lmao.

In fact, they shouldn't have been step-siblings at all. Instead he could have worked at the house or been a cousin or something? The whole thing with the parents at the end was a bit weird.

I also felt like they got together too quickly, (and the love scene was so bad lol) but they did have really nice chemistry. I just wish it were a series instead of a movie, I think it would have worked a lot better.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Alexa great to see you

Um, so I loved the love scene! Let's agree to disagree on that one; the chemistry and tension of that part was very realistic to me, as well as its spontaneity (believing it would be their last night alone intimately together) - plus it was lit beautifully. The two of them looked like silhouettes with the lighthouse shining on them. It was also faithful to the book, except their first time was in a bed in the book and the beach sex happened later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
In fact, they shouldn't have been step-siblings at all. Instead he could have worked at the house or been a cousin or something?
I have no problem with the step-siblings trope. In this case, not only are they not blood related but they've literally just met. It would only strike me as strange if he had grown up with her, calling her family, then suddenly out of nowhere started crushing on her. It's the simple attraction blossoming into more that happens, and I don't think them being connected through their parents makes that strange. People tend to overdramatize the trope... I mean wasn't Cruel Intentions universally popular? And the lead couple were step-siblings (plus that wasn't even a loving relationship, just a sexually destructive one.)

Quote:
The whole thing with the parents at the end was a bit weird.
Well, I've read the book trilogy that it's based on [Culpables, by Mercedes Ron ] and Noah's mother is the unreasonable one overall. Nick's dad is a lot more easy-going about them, even though he interferes regarding Nick's position in the workplace a lot in books 2 and 3... Rafaella is quite a hypocrite because she knows how much Noah loves Nick and deserves to be happy after the trauma with her father yet she keeps trying to ruin it.

She does regret her actions in book 3, seeing the negative impact it has on Noah in the long run by being driven apart from Nick. But a lot of happens before then.

Quote:
I just wish it were a series instead of a movie, I think it would have worked a lot better.
I personally don't trust shows to not get cancelled for the dumbest reasons (you know our shared trauma of Lockwood & Co. ), so I'm relieved it was adapted into movies.

Also I fear a TV show would've overloaded angst from the Culpa Mia book, perhaps made Noah too Bella Swan-like in the codependent sense, and focused too much on Nick as a womanizer. Apparently, Gabriel Guevara said he was happy that the writers decided to make Nick "less toxic" than he seems in the book.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-14-2023, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Continuing the narrative of the love scene, reasons why I think they nailed it:

It's Noah's first time, the nervousness/tenderness of that is captured brilliantly: "Wait..." "You're not sure?" "I am, just promise me we'll never forget it" "How could you even doubt it?" - I love that exchange

Nick goes slow with her and quite literally concedes control in that he moves at her pace, which - given his womanizing ways - is something OOC for him but a huge stepping stone to proving his worth and depth of feelings for her

The giddiness on their faces when the water hits their feet is such a natural moment... Seemed like improv, and a lot of moments were (such as their walk along the beach after the love scene) playing into Gabriel and Nicole's natural closeness off-screen. The gif below sums it up, they're just glowing -

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-14-2023, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ ^ Another valid point about the love scene:

This movie was filmed with Covid lockdown restrictions. All staff on set wore masks, and in lots of shows during that time, many actors couldn't even get physically close for intimate scenes. Those who were permitted to do so, tended to be filmed from awkward angles and have unflattering intimacy results on screen - cause remember, social distancing was -the- thing of the era.

Not only are Gabriel and Nicole extremely close in that scene; they're naked. It takes a whole lot of trust between two people to act out a sex scene, under Covid rules, at night (on sand) and wearing basically nothing whilst grabbing and kissing each other. Their chemistry just heats it up and elevated the source material in my opinion.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen

Last edited by Crystal Clear; 08-14-2023 at 04:48 PM
Old 08-15-2023, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Um, so Ronnie kidnapped Noah whilst Nick was buying condoms
and that means he was stalking them overnight under her father's request...
which probably means he and his gang were spying on them having sex
And here's the gas station scene:

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-16-2023, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

instagram post from @primevideouk of the "don't touch my phone again" beach scene: their job is beach and THAT is the summer we're manifesting
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-18-2023, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Ivan thinking he's being all cryptic, except not really Come on Culpa Tuya filming, we're all waiting -

Quote:
@ivansanchezz: The last photo back home I don't know if it's by #culpanuestra #culpatuya or #culpamia but it's someone's fault
Ivan's instagram post

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-18-2023, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Get yourself a guy who worships you in the the way Nick obsesses about Noah and her cute freckles

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-20-2023, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

we get them in the same car in Culpa Tuya -

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-20-2023, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Everyone should follow the instagram account @culpamiawebtoon the comic strip versions of scenes from the movie are so lifelike and inventive it's amazing!

Sneak peek here: Noah accuses Dan of sending her threatening messages [animated comic version]
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-20-2023, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Let me clarify, I mean a cousin of the step dad or a friend lmao. Not HER cousin lol.

I just think sex on the rocks/beach is highly unrealistic and it felt a bit too cheesey to me, so i wasn't a huge fan of it. It could have been done in a better way imo.

I dont mind step-siblings usually, and like you said they didnt grow up together, but in this case, their parents are going to be married and they are going to be a family in other peoples eyes, so its just a bit weird. I think it would have been better for their parents not to be married or for the step dad to be a bit of a jerk so they would end up not getting married or something of that sort.

Quote:
And the lead couple were step-siblings (plus that wasn't even a loving relationship, just a sexually destructive one.)
Kathryn and Sebastian were not he main pairing, the main pairing was Sebastian and Anette. Who were not steb siblings. Kat/Sebastian (even though personally i loved them haha) were really messed up, and portrayed that way. And I cant remember the details of the movie now but i dont think they ever ended up actually having sex, they just teased each other and made a bet over it (that sebastian didnt follow through with becasue he loved annette)

Didn't realize it was from a book though, so that makes sense if they were sort of following the material.

I still think the character of Nick was a bit toxic, but not as bad as I was expecting lol. Not as bad as like, the guy from the After series.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Fair enough if that's your view of the beach scene but I promise you it did happen in the book except their first time happened in a bed.

Also I thought their chemistry was insane in that scene. With all the nakedness and filming it during the pandemic, I thought it was performed with such intimacy. Nicole did an interview where she said that the N/N erotic parts of the movie were really good for her because of Gabriel being her partner and their trust after years of knowing each other (which helped cancel out the nerves of performing in front of a heavy male crew).

Quote:
I think it would have been better for their parents not to be married or for the step dad to be a bit of a jerk so they would end up not getting married or something of that sort.
The situation with the parents is actually quite messy, as in they've got their own messy history that is revealed in books 2 and 3 which makes her mother seem like a total hypocrite and very unfair to Noah for the pressure she puts on her to break up with Nick. Nick's dad is way more bearable than her BUT his company is a stupid priority (Nick never felt loved by him) and we get the typical thing in book 2 where he wants his son to be the next CEO which basically means moulding him into the ~ideal~ son where arranged marriage and other BS comes into play.

Quote:
Kathryn and Sebastian were not he main pairing, i dont think they ever ended up actually having sex, they just teased each other and made a bet over it (that sebastian didnt follow through with becasue he loved annette)
The irony is that Cruel Intentions was a remake of 'Dangerous Liaisons' from the 1980s and the Kathryn/Sebastian characters in the original were ex-lovers who were playing sex games with other people with the ultimate goal to get back together in the end (and it goes wrong when he falls in love with Michelle Pfieffer's Annette character) but yeah I think my general point was that the CI writer saw something in that pairing that was dangerous and sexual - and somehow attached it to the step-sibling trope, which was easily the most gripping part of the remake. Or at least for most people. So the step-siblings thing was always quite a funny trope to me after I watched that, and so many fan fictions have it

Quote:
Didn't realize it was from a book though, so that makes sense if they were sort of following the material.
A book trilogy generally known as 'Culpables' but ultimately called My Fault / Your Fault / Our Fault translated from the original Spanish.

Quote:
I still think the character of Nick was a bit toxic, but not as bad as I was expecting lol. Not as bad as like, the guy from the After series.
Oh my god I could not get through even 20 minutes of the After movie so much stiffness, awkward pauses, staring... Everything people used to accuse Twilight of, but more cliche and basic.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top