Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Elite Fan

Movie Families and Movies about Families

The pre-Holiday period is making me nostalgic for the Callaghan family from While You Were Sleeping. They were hilarious and spazzy but very sweet.

Roger Ebert describes them:
Quote:
Peter's family is one of those human groups that moves as a unit. You hardly ever see just one of them. They move into frame as a block of four or five, as if they're strapped together or posing for a photo.
Haha. He is so right. It's contrived, sure. But the movie and performances make it work. I love how they overreact to everything.

I loved the Rodriguez family from Nothing Like the Holidays. The cast was fantastic and they did feel like a real family. The bond between the siblings, cousins, friends and, of course, Mr. and Mrs. Rodriguez was super heartfelt and genuine.

One of the creepiest families has to be the crazy clan from the Last House on the Left. Those people made my skin crawl. On the other hand, the Collingwood's turned out to be quite resourceful and capable of horrible things to protect their family from the Krug's creepy clan.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button has the charming, charming duo of Queenie and Benjamin. A very unusual mother and son that warmed and broke my heart at the same time. Their relationship was so touching.

Another mother/son duo that always break my heart in a good way is Forrest Gump, and his protective mama, to say nothing of Forrest and Forrest Jr. later on.

I can't forget the Mercer siblings from Four Brothers. Now those were a handful! Hee. Like in Nothing Like the Holidays, this cast had *amazing* chemistry.

---

Anyone want to share their favorite/least favorite movie families or perhaps favorite movies about families?
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:15 AM
Elite Fan

I love the Parker family in A Christmas Story! It's one of my all time favorite movies and I just love them all to pieces. They come off as such a real family and it kind of reminds me of mine. Not sure what that says about us, but yeah

I also love Aurora and Emma in Terms of Endearment. Probably my all time favorite mother/daughter relationship in film history.
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
jackiehydelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Elite Fan

Confession: I've never seen A Christmas Story! Shameful, I know. Haha.

I have to say, some of my favorite families are from holiday movies.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:22 AM
Elite Fan

BLASPHEMY!

Make sure you watch it this holiday season. It's amazing. Hilarious and endearing. The family is great, and there is this moment towards the end with the parents that brings tears to my eyes because it really shows what Christmas is really about (not in the religious sense, just family and love wise).
Old 11-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Heeeeeeeeee!

I'm waiting for it to come up during the Holiday season.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Ah, I love While You Were Sleeping! The Callaghan family is great and Ebert's description is dead on

I like the Stones in The Family Stone. I like what each person brings to the family and their interactions are just great

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Elite Fan

I While You Were Sleeping!!!!! So renting that tomorrow
Reply   Post New Thread