Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Plus with any superhero style film, there is always a sequel in the works in writing even if not 'approved' yet. At least that's my opinion. As this seems to be the age of the graphic novel! And there is never just one film!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Ann (View Post)
Plus with any superhero style film, there is always a sequel in the works in writing even if not 'approved' yet. At least that's my opinion. As this seems to be the age of the graphic novel! And there is never just one film!
#truth lol

I actually feel bad for Brandon Routh. He totally got screwed and I'm sorry, Superman Returns was just so flawed in so many levels. I can talk about that in length but I was interested in seeing how they would've done a superman returns movie with superman having a son.. but then again seeing this superman film and having henry cavil as clark.. yes! Christopher Reeve was great for the period and the 80's. I really loved Tom Welling in smallville and thought that they should've just had him do the movie lol but now I see how Tom was perfect for TV, Henry for the movies and poor Brandon just made a really good christopher reeve's version of clark kent.

Speaking of sequel, on a side note, there was something mentioned by Goyer or Zach about the one empty pod on the ship. But it would be weird how that would go given that the ship crashed 20K years ago lol. Unless they pull a battle star galactica on us and tell us that modern day humans descended from ancient krypton blood mixed in with humans lol.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

I just didn't like Routh in the role. Period. He was a no name actor at the time, taking on such an iconic role. Plus casting was not up to par for Lois either IMO.

With MOS, they got it right!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I would rather wait for MOS2 until 2015 so that it meets standards and isn't rushed.
'I"m with you Melissa Ann, i rather they wait til 2015 or 2016, it would just be better that way!' d.v.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyke93 (View Post)
The more practical side of me thinks that Lex will be power hungry and use fear to gain power and try to use/destroy superman. But I would love to see Lex still be power hungry but maybe not a villian at first.. perhaps even help Superman or something and then something happens where he turns at the end of MOS 2 to be the real villian in MOS 3 where MOS 2 gets a different villian. That's just some of my thoughts. But I have a feeling and I hope I'm right that with the destruction of a good chunk of downtown Metropolis that the world might go a little spiderman on superman and have people question whether or not he is a menace or hero.
I hope if they do Lex he is closer to the comics. In the comics he sees Superman as a threat to humanity and gradually he starts hating him more and more and his plans to get rid of him start getting bigger.

Also Lex gets to be President in some of the comics. It would be interesting to see a movie that shows his political ambitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyke93 (View Post)
I actually feel bad for Brandon Routh. He totally got screwed and I'm sorry, Superman Returns was just so flawed in so many levels. I can talk about that in length but I was interested in seeing how they would've done a superman returns movie with superman having a son.. but then again seeing this superman film and having henry cavil as clark.. yes! Christopher Reeve was great for the period and the 80's. I really loved Tom Welling in smallville and thought that they should've just had him do the movie lol but now I see how Tom was perfect for TV, Henry for the movies and poor Brandon just made a really good christopher reeve's version of clark kent.
I don't think Routh was that bad either. He got stuck in a movie with a poor script and really bad casting choices. I think the movie and his career would have gone better if they had done something like this movie (try to present the origin story in a more original way). I think it was a huge mistake to pick up the story where the last Christopher Reeve movie left it.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

I think because of the flop that Superman Returns was, with no sequel, people didn't expect much of MOS, but it's been doing Super awesome!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think because of the flop that Superman Returns was, with no sequel, people didn't expect much of MOS, but it's been doing Super awesome!
'It's doin really well, i hear 400 million combined domestic and internationally, but that's what i hear though!' d.v.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

The whole point to of doing a new Superman film is to do something that hasn't been done before. So when people go in with expectations of it to be like a past movie...I think that's unrealistic...it's being redone for a reason...leave the expectations at the door....
Old 06-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The whole point to of doing a new Superman film is to do something that hasn't been done before. So when people go in with expectations of it to be like a past movie...I think that's unrealistic...it's being redone for a reason...leave the expectations at the door....
I don't understand why some people expected this movie to be just like the Reeves movies or Superman Returns. After SR it's obvious nostalgia doesn't work and the audience wants to see a new take on the character.

In two weeks MoS has already surpassed the money Superman Returns did total.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Money wise returns wasn't a flop perse, the story was. Like it made decent money but people didnt like the story.

and I liked Brandon I think he was very Christopheresque to me, I mean just look at SR as a tribute to him in a way.. as for being an unknowm, sometimes that is better.

Last edited by ~AnastasiaGrey~; 06-26-2013 at 04:13 PM
Old 06-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

I just wasn't a fan of the rest of the cast of SR...but with MOS I love everyone in the film...now..I just have to see it! But no $$...
Old 06-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I just wasn't a fan of the rest of the cast of SR...but with MOS I love everyone in the film...now..I just have to see it! But no $$...
Lois lane could of been better yes... Lex luthor i thought Kevin Spacey was miscast to me. lol
Old 06-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

I like Kevin Spacey...but IDK...just the whole film fell flat because the supporting cast didn't fit..
Old 06-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Kevin Spacey is a great actor but like you said he didn't fit in. I hope this time they cast someone more close to Henry's age. Lex isn't supposed to be that much older than Superman in the comics. There are a lot of great actor in their late 30s/early 40s that they could use for Lex.

Kate Bosworth was also terrible miscast. IMO Amy and Erica Durance were the best Lois by far.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Amy is a perfect fit for Lois.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread