Old 03-29-2019, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Well we have to live with what we got then
Old 03-31-2019, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
especially as they're meant to be retired
Exactly. They've moved on to new things!
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:06 PM
Absolute Fan

I really like the Magic Mike movies, Mike is one of my fav roles Channing has ever played

I like the first movie better though, I know alot of people seem to dislike Brooke from the first movie because she was so stiff and wooden and expressionless, but I liked her, probably because her character was more real and mature, her reaction to Mike's occupation as a stripper & her disapproval of her brother Adam joining that circuit was very realistic, I think anyone in her position would react the same way if their own brothers decided to work as strippers professionally. And her wanting her brother to get a decent job, to be serious about his future was also very realistic. I just wish her character wasn't so stiff and that she had more expressions, but that's the only thing I didn't like about her character, I liked everything else about her. And I liked Brooke with Mike, I think she was really good for Mike, she was mature and responsible and sensible, she was able to see right through Mike and understand him, and she made him realise the very destructive and toxic and unhealthy influence stripping can have on people, and I think one of the main reasons why Mike decided to quit stripping was because of Brooke's influence. I'm disappointed that they broke up in the sequel because the actress Cody Horn did not reprise her role in the sequel I really wanted Mike & Brooke to stay together, I really think Brooke would've been able to keep Mike on the right track & keep him grounded, she was a good influence on him. I wonder why Horn didn't want to be in the sequel...maybe for the same reasons Matthew McConaughey and Alex Pettyfer also left I guess. I know I'm probably in the minority who actually likes Brooke

I think another reason that puts me in the minority is that I actually dislike Brooke's brother Adam aka "the Kid" in the first movie, while it seems many people love his character, I actually really dislike him and find him annoying, which is a little surprising to me because I don't remember disliking him this much when I first watched the movie, but recently I have been re-watching both movies and the more I watch the first movie the more annoying Adam becomes to me. Adam really wasn't a good character to begin with IMO, in the beginning he was just this extremely lazy freeloading teenager who had absolutely no sense of direction in his life, he jumped from 1 job to the next with absolutely no motivation, he didn't take these jobs and his future seriously, he didn't give a damn and he threatened to quit the roofing job after just 1 day just because the boss accused him of stealing a can of coke? WTF? As someone who understands how hard it is for anyone to find a decent job, that really annoyed me, he was so immature and lazy & was so dependant on his sister to give him a roof over his head and food to eat. His laziness really rubbed me the wrong way, I know many younger kids in real life who are much more mature than Adam was. Some people might argue that Adam just didn't know what he wanted to do with his life in the beginning and that's understandable, and he did change and became more motivated after he met Mike and started stripping, it seemed like he finally found what he wanted to do with his life which was stripping and it made him happy & he became more serious about his life. And I have to admit that for a while about halfway through the movie he did become a bit more tolerable to me, but then it all went downhill again when he became more arrogant & started getting into drugs & his attitude towards Mike and Tobias became more rude and disrespectful, he acted more like a punk towards the end. I'm glad Adam wasn't in the sequel XXL.

As for the sequel, although none of the characters in XXL annoyed me per se, but for some reason, XXL was less enjoyable for me, I just think XXL was less entertaining & interesting than the first movie overall.

Last edited by LindaL100; 08-17-2019 at 07:13 AM
LindaL100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon

Last edited by Simon Spier; 11-25-2022 at 08:16 PM
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

Channing Tatum, Steven Soderbergh Set to Reunite for 'Magic Mike's Last Dance' HBO Max Sequel
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Sandra Bullock doesn't want to be in Magic Mike 3 so as not to upstage Channing Tatum
Old 12-07-2021, 04:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Old 12-25-2021, 09:23 AM
Moderator Support Team

Old 01-08-2022, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

So freaking excited!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 10-21-2022, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Salma Hayek Gets Her Hand On Channing Tatum In 'Magic Mike's Last Dance' First Look Photo

Last edited by D'oh!; 10-21-2022 at 01:50 PM
D'oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 11-15-2022, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 11-16-2022, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 08:50 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I personally thought the trailer was horrible, it felt like a parody more than a real film. It also doesn't even look like the guys from the other two movies are even in it, so it makes it even more pointless. A third Magic Mike movie isn't needed, not going to bother with this movie at all lol.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread