Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2004, 10:05 AM
Ultimate Fan

Labyrinth (1986) #1: "You remind me of the babe..."

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]~*~THE LABYRINTH APPRECIATION THREAD~*~ [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

This thread is dedicated to the appreciation, obsession and fanaticism of the 1986 film, Labyrinth, directed by Jim Henson and starring David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] MOVIE POSTER (II) [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] DVD COVER [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] WALLPAPERS [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

Labyrinth: Jareth
Labyrinth: Sarah
Labyrinth: Hoggle

**Credit to Google Images for the wps [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Start posting Labyrinth fans! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Absolute Fan

aww [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] this was like one of the first films I remember watching when I was ickle [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] my dad bought it for me 4 Christmas, there's a few i remember from when I was little, like Krull and also the Princess Bride as well hee he!
Old 03-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Great movie. Jennifer Connelly and David Bowie were so great in their roles. I have to buy on DVD one of these days. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Fan

The DVD is very cool. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It's got a making-of documentary with behind the scenes stuff and interviews.

Sir Didymus rocks my world. I just love that fiesty little dog. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2004, 12:00 AM
Master Fan

OK, Labyrinth - classic. Like prettylittleroswellian it's one of the first movies I really remember watching when I was young. My best friend and I watched it practically once a day. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The whole little speech Sarah says out of her book, I knew it all word for word.

"You have no power over me." [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Phee:
<STRONG>
Sir Didymus rocks my world. I just love that fiesty little dog. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Me, too! And his faithful steed, Ambrosia is so cute. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
-Delilah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

I loved Labyrinth when I was little. I can remember being scared at the beginning when her little brother got stolen by goblins, and I named my hamster Merlin [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I must go seek out the DVD *whispers* I also thought David Bowie was kinda sexy [/whisper]
A whole Page dedicated to the movie...

[ 03-23-2004: Message edited Pavlov's Belle ]
icon *
Pavlov's Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 05:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the link! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And you aren't the only one who thought that about Bowie hun -- he has yet to show me that he can't be sexy, and that's just my personal opinion. He rocks the casbah [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]. My recommendation is to buy "Best of Bowie"; it's an amazing collection of his work, if you're into that sort of thing, meaning his music.

The DVD rocks my world, I just bought it after growing up on the movie taped off of a movie channel by my auntso many years ago, and I luuurrrrve it. The Behind-the-Scenes schpiel is the best 'cause it's so informative and fun to watch, and plus -- we get to see The Puppetmaster, God rest his soul. That man is a creative genius.

Also, I suggest all of you drop what you're doing at this second and buy the soundtrack to the film -- it's bloody amazing (might have something to do with Bowie...who knows [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ). There has never been a song or songs that can get me to shake my money maker the way "Underground" or "Magic Dance" can. If they ever started playing at a club or in a public place, I wouldn't hesitate to embarrass both myself and anybody I was with at the time.

Old 03-24-2004, 05:28 AM
Absolute Fan

Janine - I'll take your advice hon and go and get the soundtrack [img]smilies/chase.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I remember boogiing away to the music on the film when I was little [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I wanted to be Sarah too!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2004, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by prettylittleroswellian:
<STRONG>
I wanted to be Sarah too!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Totally. And when she was wearing that big, fancy dress during the "masked ball" scene...my little girl heart was all a flutter. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love this movie. Me and my friend used to watch this everyday. I used to and still want a big white ball gown like Sarah's. The masquarde party was my favorite scene. When Jareth would throw Toby in the air I would get so scared he would drop him.
I bought the DVD and love the behind the scenes.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by .:NiennaValandil:.:
<STRONG>There has never been a song or songs that can get me to shake my money maker the way "Underground" or "Magic Dance" can. If they ever started playing at a club or in a public place, I wouldn't hesitate to embarrass both myself and anybody I was with at the time.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

Oooo, and I'm so with everyone who loved Sarah's dress. And her hair was so pretty, too. She looked like a princess. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2004, 12:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Looking back now, I see how illegally big her hair was in that scene -- I swooned along with everyone else and wished I could look like her, but seeing it now makes me laugh, 'cause her hair in and of itself is a character of the movie in that scene. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2004, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by .:NiennaValandil:.:
<STRONG>Looking back now, I see how illegally big her hair was in that scene -- I swooned along with everyone else and wished I could look like her, but seeing it now makes me laugh, 'cause her hair in and of itself is a character of the movie in that scene. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That is so true! Back in the day I so wanted to look like her in that scene but in reality her hair is so huge! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2004, 11:59 PM
Master Fan

I always forget that I have this movie on tape somewhere, I have to look for it and watch it again! It's a great movie. Although when I was little and it first came out, it used to scare me. Plus, David Bowie was just scary looking in it [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] All those creatures she meets and getting lost in the Labrynth! I thought that if I fell asleep something like that would happen to me [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2004, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

This movie was my childhood. I used to watch it all the time (I still do. lol.) I don't yet have it on DVD I'm going to wait till the collectors edition comes out, it should be out soon. I've got the soundtrack, which is amazing. David Bowie is so great in it and I so wanted to be Sarah.
silvercrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread