Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2005, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

House of Wax- Prey. Slay. Display. (Possible Spoilers)

I just watched a trailer for this movie and thought it looked pretty good.

Here's the summary

A group of friends on their way to a college football game falls prey to a pair of murderous brothers in an abandoned small town. They discover that the brothers have expanded upon the area's main attraction.. the House of Wax. And created an entire town filled with the wax-coated corpses of unlucky visitors. Now the group must find a way out before they too become permanent exhibits in the House of Wax

Cast

Elisha Cuthbert .... Carly Jones
Chad Michael Murray .... Nick Jones
Brian Van Holt .... Bo
Paris Hilton .... Paige Edwards
Jared Padalecki .... Wade
Jon Abrahams .... Johnson Chapman
Robert Ri'chard .... Blake
Damon Herriman .... Lester

Trailer

House of Wax

Official Website

http://houseofwaxmovie.warnerbros.com/

My LJ
Old 03-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh god, Paris Hilton in a movie Hopefully her character ends up dying, that would be nice to see. The trailer looks pretty good though and the website.

Ben: This is something no one's ever heard about, and no one's ever seen before. This is hell on earth. -NOTLD
-John-
Old 03-27-2005, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would love to see her character die too. I can barely stand watching her show not along see her in a movie but I love Chad Michael Murray so Im pretty excited to see him in a thriller movie
My LJ
Old 03-27-2005, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

I'll see it for Elisha, plu sParis did look hot in it, and yes the thrill of seeing her probably die
Old 03-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah. I remember watching the original verison of House of Wax, that movie was pretty good.
My LJ
Old 03-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well... It's gone one thing going for it: It's going to be rated R and not a pansy PG-13.

RE: Paris Hilton...

Here is a case of someone "bullying" their way into the business. The fact she is more known for her vagina -- this is crass, but it is the truth -- Speaks volumes about the girl's "talents"...

Which, by the way, anyone with a half a brain could have figured out her so-called "disgraceful" sex tape was nothing more than a strategic marketing ploy to announce to the world that she was "here" and wanted to get into acting and other ventures. It's really sad.

But the justice in it all is that you will never see Paris Hilton approach the likes of actresses like Hilary Swank, Kate Winslet and other actresses who can really ACT and will go on to get the appropriate praise and awards for that real talent.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree. Im a guy and I dont find her hott at all. I dont see what alot of guys see in her but thats my opinion. I would take Alyson Hannigan and Emilie De Raven any day

Ben: This is something no one's ever heard about, and no one's ever seen before. This is hell on earth. -NOTLD
-John-
Old 03-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

lol thats funny

Oh yeah give me Alyson any day too
My LJ
Old 03-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

What is it with slashers and "aspiring" teen/young adult actors?? Are slashers the easiest movies to make?

I mean, what kind of acting talent do you need to scream your head off; look around a mysterious, dark, lonely and scary place; to say, "Oh my God" or "We shouldn't have come here"; to look really scared wheneve a cat walks by, etc, etc...

Plus, the writer doesn't actually have to write good dialogue, or any dialogue at all. Just get some attractive young people, make them have sex, possibly show skin, and scare the ***** out of them.

But the problem is there are some decent slashers out there that get a bad name because of movies like this. To be fair, I haven't seen it but...Paris Hilton?? Damn.

One good thing: that's a might cool poster.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Paris Hilton shoudl die i hoep she gets burned and slashed and gashed or whatever.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR
What is it with slashers and "aspiring" teen/young adult actors?? Are slashers the easiest movies to make?
These are the career milestones most actors (regardless of age) take if they want to be well known and mainstream. It means exposure and it's also because of the way Hollywood pigeonholes roles by age.

Actors don't just do movies like "Million Dollar Baby" or "The Piano" unless you are the likes of Anna Paquin or Hilary Swank their first time out... Especially, when they are young... Because that is not what Hollywood is looking to offer young actors as far as parts.

If you are under 30, in HW and look young you either get:

1) The high school student
2) The college student
3) The newbie who just-graduated college and is in the world for the first time
4) The psycho-killer fodder -- Mainly, actresses

And if they're "lucky" they get all four in ONE movie

But again, it is all about exposure and career path (not to mention nice five or six figure paychecks) and that is why you see talented actors in movies like this...

However, more and more young actors are taking a different career path and not doing the typical "teen slasher" like Anna Paquin and Hilary Swank to name a few.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

I've seen a couple of rmeakes so far and have been dissapointed, This looks like the normal teeny bopper hack em slash em up flick, though the original was probably better this looks terrible.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Absolute Fan

Paris does bite the big one in it. When she did her springbreak tv thingie on MTV, she said the hardset thing about shooting the movie, was shooting her deathscene which freaked her out, so she totally gave away that her character dies. Maybe she will be in one of those opening scenes death, that way we won't have to see her in it for very long.

Yumm, Jared and Chad in this one, so I will be going to see it
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
Old 03-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by +*~*+SASHA+*~*+
Maybe she will be in one of those opening scenes death, that way we won't have to see her in it for very long.
lets hope
My LJ
Old 03-30-2005, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

I really want to see this, basically for Paris.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread