Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

Favorite/Least Favorite Acting Performances

I'll start with a movie I watched a few nights ago, Post Grad. Not only is the movie useless, Alexis Bledel was horrific in it. It was that flailing awkward high-pitched "I'm so quirky" type of performance, only charmless. If I didn't know who she was, I would have guessed this was her first time acting.

This could have been a perfectly harmless feel-good comedy you can watch over and over again (something like Ashley Judd and Hugh Jackman's Someone like You); it's not even that. At least, it's not for me.

Quote:
Since her days on Gilmore Girls, Alexis Bledel has always struggled with the acting profession, and very little has changed as her resume has grown. Like a novice, she still delivers her lines with unimaginative blandness and fails to inject anything but one-dimensional qualities into her characters.

Blake French, filmcritic.com
Now, I think she did good work on "Gilmore Girls" for the most part, but I have to agree with the rest.
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

I have this movie ready to go on netflix....maybe I will delete it!

I never really liked her on GG....she is really bland
Old 10-01-2010, 02:38 AM
Elite Fan

Ahhhh, let's see. Roger Ebert gave it 3 stars, if it helps, and Zach Gilford was really cute in it, and there were one or two funny bits. Haha. The movie could have been cute and easy if it weren't, IMO, for Bledel's performance. I loved her as Rory, but only when she stepped up her game (after season 5, that rarely happened). Season 1 was her best work by far. Then again, Rory was a great character in s1.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can take or leave AB.

This thread brought to mind Cate Blanchett's performance in "The Aviator". I thought she was atrocious as Katherine Hepburn. But she won an Oscar for it.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

I thought she was decent enough...but Oscar worthy...nope.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Elite Fan

I love Cate Blanchett in Notes On A Scandal. And Judi Dench was amazing in it as well
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
jackiehydelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Judi Dench was amazing in Notes On a Scandal. That was a wonderful performance. Cate Blanchett was good too. Generally, I think CB can act (I think she's overrated though). But her performance in the Aviator was just god awful, IMO.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Uma Thurman in Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. I like her but her performance in that movie was so bad, it was like a parody. Her attempt to be seductive was so embarrassing.

Megan Fox in Jennifer's body, Transformers and How to Lose Friends and Alienate People : I doubt I'll ever change my mind on her acting skills. She has no range at all and plays every role the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
Generally, I think CB can act (I think she's overrated though).
I really like Cate Blanchett, she's very classy, plus I love her voice, but I haven't seen a great performance from her yet.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:41 PM
New Fan

my favorite acting performance of all time is Joaquin pheonix in Gladiator loved it..

Least favorite can not say their are just too many.
woodskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Elite Fan

I liked Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth: The Golden Age. She's not the best actress, but she has a very strong presence that fits certain characters.

I love, love Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker! He inhabited Peter Parker so flawlessly IMO. Maguire was able to believably portray the duality so perfectly: regular Peter Parker, the comic book hero of Spider Man and everything in between.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Ok, you're right, Cate Blanchett is overrated, but I still think she's a good actress.

I don't like Elijah Wood. Honestly, I think he is awful. But he was perfect in Everything is Illuminated. He played the whole "I think I'm smarter than you all together"-role so damn well.

I also love Joaquin Phoenix in Walk the Line, because he WAS Johnny Cash. You just want to hug him and tell him that he should sing all his life.
~Adema~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

Joaquin Phoenix was utterly flawless as Johnny Cash!! That was the performance of a lifetime.

I was also remembering Tom Cruise as Lestat. I love the scene when Louie finds him hiding in an abandoned building (I think it's the one in the abandoned building) and Lestat starts reminiscing and asks Louie, "Do you remember how I was? The vampire that I was?" Tom Cruise played it so perfectly. His melancholic, almost reverent tone dripping with nostalgia and resentment.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

Favorite:
Uma Thurman in Kill bill 1&2

Least:
Megan Fox in Transformers

Damon♥Elena Oliver♥Felicity Rafael♥Jane Elijah♥Hayley
Velvetsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Passionate Fan

I love a lot of performances. but Charlize Theron in Monster and Hilary Swank in Boys Don't Cry were just breathtaking !!
alexis bledel the best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Banned

Least: Megan Fox in "Jennifer's Body" the worst Performance I've ever seen in an Actress.

Favorite: I like alot of Performances but I Love Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash in "Walk the Line"
XXXEmmaXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread