Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

I think this movie will surprise at the box office like it always does.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Banned

You might be right. Maybe people this weekend will want to see some illegal street racing. Has anyone noticed that it looks like Vin Diesel is in the trailer of this movie? Is that just a ploy by the movie company to get you to see it or does Vin Diesel have some type of cameo in the Fast and the Furious 3? Does he have a cameo in the movie or is this an example of showing something in a movie trailer that's not actually in the movie.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob1983
You might be right. Maybe people this weekend will want to see some illegal street racing. Has anyone noticed that it looks like Vin Diesel is in the trailer of this movie? Is that just a ploy by the movie company to get you to see it or does Vin Diesel have some type of cameo in the Fast and the Furious 3? Does he have a cameo in the movie or is this an example of showing something in a movie trailer that's not actually in the movie.
Spoiler:
Old 06-16-2006, 06:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

babyJ, thanks for posting that spoiler. that's actually pretty cool. i guess word will be out soon enough b/c i think the movie comes out today...
Old 06-16-2006, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, movie's out today.

And, more spoiling....

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2006/drift1.jpg
http://www.aintitcool.com/images2006/drift2.jpg
Old 06-17-2006, 03:22 AM
Passionate Fan

i just got back from checking out this movie...i thought it was pretty good taken in consideration racing movies normally do not interest me whatesoever, and the only reason i decided to see this was because my friends (whom i hadn't seen in a few weeks) invited me to see this.

but since you guys are predicting how well it will do at the box office, i just wanted to say that for the showing i went to at 12:40AM, the line for it started forming outside the theaters at like 10PM, and the whole theater ended up completely packed! i live in the SF bay area where the street racing scene's pretty popular though..so if that's any indication of how much it will gross? i'm thinking maybe 4th place.

so i guess i'll just say, this movie entertained me! the cars were awesome
Old 06-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

Hmm, I just got back from the movie. And the theater wasn't packed at all. I'd say it was roughly a quarter filled. But then again, the cinema I went to had many theaters showing the movie. And from what I've heard, the cinema also had cars out on display to promote the movie.

Anyway, even though I went in with low expectations, I liked it. The racing scenes were awesome, even though some scenes hurt my eyes from the angles they were shot. There were some funny scenes, nothing overkill. It's the kind of movie I'd see again if someone wanted me to. Then again, I'm a fan of action movies to begin with.

There were some things I didn't like. Bow Wow in general.
Spoiler:

Last edited by BabyJ; 06-17-2006 at 06:18 PM
Old 06-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

This thread isn't a no spoilers thread so I will speak freely. But, skip my post if you don't want to be spoiled.
Seeing Vin Diesel in the very last scene made me beyond happy. Heck yeah I would have loved to see more than that dinky scene but I think it's beyond awesome that he did the cameo.

I agree, I hated that Han died. I really liked him!!

Bow Wow is a cutie and I do like him, but I agree that his character pretty muched sucked. They made him out to be so.........I don't even know how to describe it. I had just expected more I guess.

I thought Lucas Black did a great job and I thought the romance was very believable. I liked all of their scenes.

The cars and action and scenery were just teriffic!!!
Old 06-18-2006, 04:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

I shall see the movie but when I dont now. The movie are not out in denmark yet.

Old 06-18-2006, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWalker
This thread isn't a no spoilers thread so I will speak freely. But, skip my post if you don't want to be spoiled.
Seeing Vin Diesel in the very last scene made me beyond happy. Heck yeah I would have loved to see more than that dinky scene but I think it's beyond awesome that he did the cameo.

I agree, I hated that Han died. I really liked him!!

Bow Wow is a cutie and I do like him, but I agree that his character pretty muched sucked. They made him out to be so.........I don't even know how to describe it. I had just expected more I guess.

I thought Lucas Black did a great job and I thought the romance was very believable. I liked all of their scenes.

The cars and action and scenery were just teriffic!!!
Yeah, same here. Some of the audience even cheered when the camera came around and showed that it was Vin in the car. I just grinned, since I was spoiled [about his appearance] and knew it was coming.

Pretty much the only significant function Bow Wow's character did was introduce Sean to the drift world. Everything else--getting the crap beaten out of him for that iPod, random moments with girls, street vending--could've been deleted and wouldn't have mattered much.

Lucas Black's accent kinda got on my nerves. But I liked the badass attitude he had back in the U.S. when he was racing Zachary Ty Bryan's [hehe, Home Improvement] character.

I thought the little dialogue between Sean and Neela as Neela was drifting down the mountain was a bit lame. But whatever.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Passionate Fan

yeah i like Bow Wow normally too but i wasn't sure if he was providing some sort of comic relief or what it was!! most of the time the scenes with him just didn't fit in and didn't seem funny to me...it WAS pretty funny the first time he popped up in the cafeteria and sat down to Sean with his do-rag though, i was like what the heck!?

oooh edited to add: Tokyo Drift came in 3rd place over the weekend after Cars and Nacho Libre, bringing in $24.1M..

1. "Cars," $31.2 million.

2. "Nacho Libre," $27.5 million.

3. "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift," $24.1 million.

4. "The Lake House," $13.7 million.

5. "The Break-Up," $9.5 million.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

The do-rag.

Thanks for the box office totals. Not as much as I expected from any of the movies. But, there was alot of competition, so I'm not too surprised.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

To be honest, I'm VERY surprised that the movie did so well! Wow..... Nacho Libre is up by not a full $4M.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Passionate Fan

hehe yeah! i'm surprised also actually how well it did relative to the others..but knowing the targeted demographics of this movie is mostly teenage guys i can see why. like most of my college-aged guy friends who are into cars said this right after seeing this trailer for the fist time "i know this movie's gonna suck but i'm still gonna see it for the cars and racing"
Old 06-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplestar
like most of my college-aged guy friends who are into cars said this right after seeing this trailer for the fist time "i know this movie's gonna suck but i'm still gonna see it for the cars and racing"
Haha, that's what I told my guy friends.