Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

I had a Shyamalan phase too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJ (View Post)
I went on a Christian Bale/Christopher Nolan binge a couple of years ago and ended up getting Batman Begins, American Psycho, Equilibrium, Reign of Fire, Memento, and Insomnia.

Though I seem to have misplaced my copy of Insomnia. Hmmph.
I did that with Colin Farrell and Viggo Mortensen!

Aw! I hope you find Insomnia!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

I edited the title of this thread to include Blu-ray collections and Blu-ray pros/cons just like the DVD discussions.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:23 PM
New Fan

For the Batman/Dark Knight fans:

The Dark Knight Blu-ray BD-Live Screening
whysoblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Speaking of Blu-ray, I'm annoyed that all the special features for The Dark Knight are available only in that format.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:06 AM
New Fan

Here is an updated list of Blu-ray releases through June that I compiled. For all the new releases the DVD release date would be the same. Are there a lot of Blu-ray owners in here? I have not watched a DVD since 2006. Hope this calendar helps.

Blu-ray Release Schedule (Jan. 20 - June 2009)
whysoblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:59 AM
Addicted Fan

I just added Posers to my collection, still awaiting to get it from amazon. I have to admit the only reason I got it (watched a little once) is the main character has my name.

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

I'm such the Blu-Ray fan, honestly. Recently I purchased Pineapple Express, and I plan on Pre-ordering HSM3 and Twilight on Blu-Ray, and maybe Wanted. We'll see...

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, what the crap is with Disney and its limited release of its movies on DVD?! Grrr! I want some Disney movies, but all that's out now are The Aristocats, 101 Dalmatians, The Fox & the Hound, and Robin Hood. There was a $25 set of Mulan 1 & 2, but I wasn't gonna fork over that amount for both. I just want the original!

And apparently Disney DVDs have added scenes into the original movie? I remember seeing some weird crap when I was watching a friend's copy of Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King. I do not like it.

Anyway, bought Anastacia on DVD last night. Haven't seen the movie in years, but I think I liked it. Took me the longest time to realize that it's not a Disney movie though.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Elite Fan

Disney is always messing with DVD releases, movie cuts and everything. So annoying! They take forever to release stuff, and even after they do, there's something else to worry about.

I hear Blu-ray prices are down considerably, so if you have a Blu-ray player and have some loose cash, you're in luck!
Old 02-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

I hate how Disney feels the need to only release a few of its limited edition films at a time, and charge an insane amount for them, just because it's a greedy money-making bawbag There's loads that I want but don't have/can't get because a) I can't find them, and b) they're stupidly expensive.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just bought 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' DVD. It's cool because it has the 2008 movie, the original 1950s version, as well as a digital copy for the computer.

It includes a commentary, deleted scenes, a feature on Gort and then a feature called "Look to the Skies: The Search for Extraterrestrial Life" (or something of that nature.) So can't wait to see these features!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Disney is actually pretty smart with how they sell their products.

They tell you it's limited and then take it away later---and then they re-release them with new stuff.

This makes people run out and buy it as soon as it goes on sale, and then when they re-release it, people go back out and buy the new product just to get the new extras.

It's no good for the average movie buyer but it's still smart business.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Talking of getting Disney movies on DVD...
I'm gonna start collecting some of my favourite Disney classics soon. I'm already running out of room on my small DVD shelves, but I don't care. I've wanted them for long enough. Gonna use a budget, though. Just one DVD per month, as my work wages come in. You can get some of them quite cheaply on Amazon.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Same. I ran out of room a year ago and had to move the entire collection. They're not that many but it's bothersome. Hee.
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Heh, I can imagine!
Reply   Post New Thread