Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2004, 01:52 PM
Supreme Fan

I've seen the first one and I never like it, so with a second one I figured I wouldnt even bother.

But damn, I saw the previews and I'm so excited to see this.

I think I didn't like the first because I can't stand Patrick Swayze for the life of me.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

I saw it on Friday and all I can say is wow. I'm not too impressed with the quality of acting, but the dancing was AMAZING! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I'd looove to dance with Diego Luna. [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img] After watching it, I had the biggest urge to take up latin dancing. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I still do... it looks like so much fun!

And the music was awesome. I wanna go out and buy the soundtrack!

[ 03-01-2004: Message edited - nellie - ]
Old 03-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh my....I haven't posted at fan forum in AGES but I had to come back and see if anyone else was as into Diego Luna (oh ya...and Havana Nights) as much as I am. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I saw HN yesterday and while not an amazing movie, I thought Diego and Romola both gave solid performances (with just a few terribly directed/scripted line deliveries). This movie didn't really do a good job at keeping up the dramatic tension or conflict, but what it did have was a fairly sweet love story that blossomed (and ended) quite naturally. Everything felt very amicable, which is both good and bad.

But what am I doing talking about this like it's Mystic River or something. In the end, it's about one thing and one thing only -- The Hottness Of Diego Luna. My lord that boy gives me chills. Loved the moment when Javier realizes in that James hurt Katie after leaving the club and Javier is about to go out and kick some gringo-butt. Diego played it so well. And the dancing scene infront of the projector was outrageously sexy.

SWOON!

Rilla
Old 03-01-2004, 04:42 PM
rio
Dedicated Fan

oh god, I saw Dirty Dancing Havana Nights sunday and it was awesome. the dancing were so hot. i love the part where Javier (Diego Luna) and katie were dancing at Javier's job and they were watching Katie's dancing movie of her parents and they started doing their dance. Oh jesus, it was starting to get steamy but Javier's brother and his crew interupted them. Ok I gotta say Diego Luna is one [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] hot son of a -----. lmao. I'm serious. oh i just fell in love with the movie. I just checked etonline.com and it only made $5.90 million. I'm so disappointed.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I saw the movie last Saturday. It was wonderful! The dancing was incredibly hot, the romance was sweet, and it had its share of funny parts. Overall, its a great film! And Diego Luna is gorgeous. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

--Violet-- [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2004, 11:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Ah...Diego Luna IS hot, hot hot! Must agree with you guys!! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I fell in love with his acting and his cute self in the Mexican soap opera, El Premio Mayor (The Major Prize - bad translation, I know.). He was so chubby and cute then. What happened? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] He turned into a major hottie...and still kept his acting talent! YAY! Havana Nights was such a sweet, sexy movie! I loved the dance sequences between Romola and Diego. The chemistry between them was THERE! The way Diego looked at her every time they danced or every time they were close to each other...that right there gave me butterflies! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] He's got very intense eyes! It's all in the eyes, baby! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] My favorite funny part what when she asks him, "God! Do you have to be such a guy?" and he's like, "Okay, I'll be the girl, then." And he does this movements like a girl. So funny and cute! And my favorite dancing part was when they were in the first round of the competition and they were all into the dance and he just kisses her! My jaw just dropped! That kiss looked sooooo spontaneous and oh so hot! They just continued dancing like that kiss was just meant to be! [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img] Of course, my favorite steamy part was the dancing in front of the screen with Katie's parents dancing in the video. My gosh!! Diego can sure make a girl blush by moving like that! WHOA! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

(icon by Me)
*Eliza (Liz) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Eliza (Liz):
<STRONG> He's got very intense eyes! It's all in the eyes, baby! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] My favorite funny part what when she asks him, "God! Do you have to be such a guy?" and he's like, "Okay, I'll be the girl, then." And he does this movements like a girl. So funny and cute! And my favorite dancing part was when they were in the first round of the competition and they were all into the dance and he just kisses her! My jaw just dropped! That kiss looked sooooo spontaneous and oh so hot! </STRONG>

Liz -- I totally agree about the eyes! I would call them "bedroom eyes" because, frankly, they make me want to find the nearest bedroom and drag him in with me.

The "be like a girl" part was funny, not to mention his hysterical line delivery on "hips"! ROFLMAO!

The kiss at the dance competition was so natural and perfect for the moment. I like how they both looked at eachother right after the kiss with a look that seemed to say, "THAT'S what was missing!" [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Rilla
Old 03-02-2004, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Fan

omg u guys are making me more and more wanting to see this movie...it looks soo good and sexy..i so want to dance like that..
ScorpioGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 05:22 PM
rio
Dedicated Fan

Did anybody buy the Dirty Dancing Havana Nights Soundtrack? I bought it the other day and it is an awesome album. My favorite song is 1. Dance Like This - Wyclef Jean f/ Claudette Ortiz (Click and hear music samples from the soundtrack. It is definately worth-it to buy. Btw, Shannon I love your icon. I went to the Diego Luna Online Shrine and just found out about Diego Luna and Romola Garai's "relationship" during filming. I was so shocked. Also here is a scan that somebody posted at the lun@tics messageboard:

Well no pictures have been posted here and I think it is definately time to post some. And oh yes, Diego Luna and Romola Garai are going to be on Teen Vogue and that magazine comes out in March 9th.

]

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] *Do you guys remember that scene where Javier (Diego Luna) and Katey were watching that little movie of katey's parents dancing? and all of a sudden they started dancing also? Also known as the "hot scene"...lol Well you can watch that clip at this website:
Dirty Dancing Havana Nights clips It is the clip called Film Clip "Thats How It Has To Be"

[ 03-06-2004: Message edited chris34 ]
Old 03-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

I liked this movie. Loved loved loved Diego. Romola and Diego's chemistry was great and the soundtrack to this movie is so fun and great to dance to. Thanks for the pics and the links!
Old 03-09-2004, 05:19 AM
Master Fan

I saw it last night and have to say it was alright. The dancing and music were the highlight for me. The last 5 to 10 minutes were cheesy and not that greatly acted. But overall a good movie. Diego does nothing for me though. He looks like a little boy for some odd reason. I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] latin men, but Diego doesn't do much for me.

[ 03-09-2004: Message edited The Seannaholic Wench ]
The Seannaholic Wench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by RillaMyRilla:
<STRONG>Oh my....I haven't posted at fan forum in AGES but I had to come back and see if anyone else was as into Diego Luna (oh ya...and Havana Nights) as much as I am. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Hi. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] How old are you? Because Diego Luna gave such a kick ass performance in "Y tu Mama Tambien" that it has become a must for any of his fans and any movie buff as well. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] But the movie is just so sexually explicit that I'm afraid you'll be under 18.

Its in spanish but it has subtitles of course.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:27 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR:
<STRONG>

Hi. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] How old are you? Because Diego Luna gave such a kick ass performance in "Y tu Mama Tambien" that it has become a must for any of his fans and any movie buff as well. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] But the movie is just so sexually explicit that I'm afraid you'll be under 18.

Its in spanish but it has subtitles of course.</STRONG>
I think Diego Luna was great in this film (as was the more handsome Gael Garcia Bernal). I'm curious about DD: HN, but the reviews weren't so great. Not that crtic reviews have stopped me before.
msanthropickat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by msanthropickat:
<STRONG>

I think Diego Luna was great in this film (as was the more handsome Gael Garcia Bernal). I'm curious about DD: HN, but the reviews weren't so great. Not that crtic reviews have stopped me before.</STRONG>
Ohhh, I really don't like Diego Luna [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] I do like Gael Garcia but because he looked so hot in "The crimes of Father Amaro" and "Amorres Perros" (though I hated the movie)

Heck, sorry for the OT. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Going now, lol\

I have no interest in watching "Havana Nights". I grew up with the original "Dirty Dancing" and I'm uber scared of any sequel, this one, 100 times more.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Total Fan

Yeah, that completely justifies acting ability, uber-hotness. It's all about the hotness! Screwing acting and on-screen presence, all that matters is that they are HOT!

Anyway, sarcasm aside, I happen to like Amores Perros and Bernal is a great actor. Luna is a good actor as well, but looks-wise, you have to like babyfaced actors and smooth tone-less body (from Y Tu Mama Tambien, Luna has no muscle definition).
msanthropickat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread