Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2004, 09:21 AM
New Fan

The Day After Tomorrow (Jake Gyllenhaal) and Troy (Brad Pitt) - which did you prefer?

Which movie did you prefer? The Day After Tomorrow with the nerdy but gorgeous Jake Gyllenhaal? Or Troy with the hunk as always Brad Pitt? Take your choice - it is all up to you!! p.s. The Day After Tomorrow rocked over Troy - my opinion!!48 Tahoma orangeorange-red
iluvjakegyllenhaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

The Day After Tomorrow.

But not based on the cuteness of the actors.
I simply thought that Troy was boring, pointless, and so different from the original story that it was almost insulting to watch.

The Day After Tomorrow had its flaws, but it was still an enjoable experience. I liked the subject and how it was treated.

Photographs
Blog
ALittaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

since I'm a guy, I just went for the cgi eye candy and hot woman. There were a few hotties ladies in the movies... The only one I've seen so far is The Day After Tomorrow... But I have to say Diane Kruger in Troy is not that bad, pretty hott...
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 11:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Troy.
dark noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

Troy

I didn't really enjoy either movie that much but out of the two I preferred Troy. As for the actors I'm not a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal or Brad Pitt but then Troy had Eric Bana and Orlando Bloom as well.

Last edited by Suga*Babe; 10-29-2004 at 01:44 AM
Suga*Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 07:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Day After Tommorow.

Troy was good but I really didn't care to see Brad Pitt running around half naked for 2 hours.
mh67511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 04:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mh67511
Day After Tommorow.

Troy was good but I really didn't care to see Brad Pitt running around half naked for 2 hours.
nicely said. totally agree. . even though brad pitt's ass is so yummy. .
Old 10-31-2004, 08:29 PM
New Fan

i guess i'd have to say Troy
Shenzi- He said we're mangy!
Banzi- Did i hear stupid?
Ed- Huh?
(From Brodway lion king)
Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:05 AM
Master Fan

I definitely prefer Troy over the Day After Tomorrow.
I love you.
balle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:09 AM
Total Fan

Troy
Old 11-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

The Day After Tomorrow.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mh67511
Day After Tommorow.

So true! Troy was boring and i doubt it would have made as much money as it did if Brad Pitt/Eric Bana/Orlando Bloom werent in it.

the only upside was the fact that Brad Pitt ran around naked

TDAT on the other hand had a good plot line and great visual effects and Jake is hot
Old 11-01-2004, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

Guys, please discuss your answer instead of just saying which movie you prefer.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was very disappointed in Troy, I was expecting MUCH better but the acting (except for Eric Banna) was crap and the story? What history books did they read ?

The Day After Tomorrow was just as I thought, your usual disaster flick with snow.

So I guess I prefer The Day After Tomorrow

PS I read today that even Peter O'Toole, who was in Troy, thought that Troy was awfull
Old 11-04-2004, 09:28 AM
New Fan

I sat the two hours of The Day After Tomorrow and waited for ANY story to begin. It was such a waste of time. You don´t find any relation to any of the protagonists, the tricks are technical perfect maybe, except of those awful cgi-wolves...the actors weren´t packing me, all above that girl - don´t remeber her name- who almost died which didn´t affend me in any way...well, so disappointing for my whole family (hubby, 15-year-old daughter; the other three kids are too young)...

BUT: all of us three and my whole clique are absolutely infected with that super hero thing of TROY. This movie is fantastic. The tricks, the buildings, the probs, the music, the plot, EVERYTHING...and all above the great actors, Pitt, Bana, Bloom, the ladies (except that Helen girl), O`Toole, Cox, they all were so great. I watched it several times now and each time I sit and am excited, I cry each time for Hector, his wife, Achilles and Briseis, for the King of Troy, for Patrokles. It´ll be one of my all-time-favourites.

Regarding the historical side...did you ever read the Ilias? you acn´t make a movie out of it, you have to change the plot to bring it to screen, and it had been made fantastic in my opinion...

Achilles and Hector did the best duell in film history I think. I´´ve never seen that before...

And, by the way, Brad Pitt lookes THAT great in that movie I almost can´t bear...
hobbitongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread