Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

I absolutely loved this movie (which is really unusual for an "action" movie.) The acting is wonderful,(except maybe Katie Holmes who was a little disappointing as Rachel) as is the story. It's not cartoon-like as Burton and the original franchise (which was why I never enjoyed them.) I would actually welcome a sequel, and I hate sequels, because this new... I don't know how to decribe it ... "feel"... is more interesting and likeable than the older ones, and is a begininng that needs a more interesting and likeable end. (One that doesn't include George Clooney's built in nipples.)
Old 06-18-2005, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

I just saw the movie the acting was amazing Christian and Liam especially. I think Batman Begins really redeemed the Batman franchise that was nearly destroyed by Batman & Robin. As much as I like Christian's performance as Bruce Wayne/Batman Michael Keaton still remains my favorite tho Christian is a close second.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have a question for all the Batman comic book fans: Was Rachel a part of the comic books? I was just wondering since I don't remember her being in the other movies and I read that this movie was a better portrayal of the comics.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Bee
I have a question for all the Batman comic book fans: Was Rachel a part of the comic books? I was just wondering since I don't remember her being in the other movies and I read that this movie was a better portrayal of the comics.

I think it has been said somewhere before in this thread that Rachel and one more character whose name I can't remember at this moment are the only ones that are not in the comics.

But I believe someone can give you a better answer, since I'm not really a Batman comic book fan (not that I wouldn't maybe like them, I've just never read them).

[amore more ore re]
Old 06-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Bee
Rachel is not in the comics. She was invented for the movie. Her character and Rutger Hauer's "Earle", the head of Wayne Enterprises, are the only ones of the major characters who didn't come from the comics. And in my opinion, she was unncessary.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Extreme Fan

I love this film. It raised a lot of questions about humanity, justice, fear. Bale gave so many things to the character that made it so interesting. Seeing Bruce's journey and understanding why he became Batman is a feat to watch. Cillian Murphy and Oldman were amazing. And so were Neeson and Freeman and Caine. Katie Holmes was OK though (I just hated how they tried to squeeze in a love angle by the end of the film). But then she redeemed herself when she told about Bruce's "real mask". She's ok...

My favorite part was when Bruce saw his house burned down, and asked Alfred "what have I done?" Bale's expression there was so heartbreaking. Like he almost want to cry. Greatness! And the ending is cool too! And so was the Batmobile car chase.

"Why do we fall, Bruce?" Brilliant film.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

Just saw the movie. Have to say I loved it! Christian Bale did an amazing job as the troubled Bruce Wayne/Batman...... This movie brought back my love for Batman. That sadly was lost after the fourth and final film. This one reminded me so much of the original ones: Batman and Batman Returns, dark, action packed.... it was goood.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 06-19-2005, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Survivor
I just saw the movie the acting was amazing Christian and Liam especially. I think Batman Begins really redeemed the Batman franchise that was nearly destroyed by Batman & Robin. As much as I like Christian's performance as Bruce Wayne/Batman Michael Keaton still remains my favorite tho Christian is a close second.
ITA 100% with this Michael Keaton is still my fave although Christian Bale is a very close second. He did what Keaton did with Batman/Bruce: show all the facets of this character- broody,dark,human ect .......

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 06-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

People - what's so hard about following the spoiler rule?

Really.

*goes off to change yet another title*

My LJ for Movies
Old 06-20-2005, 07:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Batman and Robin was a terrible movie. THey are lucky it wasn't destroyed completely by that piece. on another note, I was reading the title of the thread when I came in: The "scarecrow" was a huge pussy. He got shot in the face by a stun gun. While hilarious (some people in the theatre started clapping for Katie Holmes) this was hardly a good way to go out for an evil "super villian"

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky
Old 06-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

I saw the movie and it was the first Batman movie I liked since the original one with Michael Keaton. I would have to say that Keaton is still the best batman, but Bale is a close second. I just hope when they make the next movies, they will keep the same cast (Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Bale, etc. )so that they don't suck like Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.simpatico
Actually the Katie Holmes character, Rachel and the Rutger Hauer character, Earle (the guy in charge of Wayne Ind.) are the only ones who DIDN'T come from the comic book. Everybody else (the Waynes, Joe Chill their murderer, Falcone, Ra's, Ducard, Crane, Gordon, Alfred, Lucius Fox) do. Rachel was the weak link in the film IMO. Not her personally but the character itself was unneccessary. Bruce Wayne doesn't NEED a love interest. His villians are interesting enough. Besides we know that they'll never last (even his two main love interest in the comics, Selina/Catwoman and Talia, Ra's Al Ghul's daughter go in and out of his life). Bruce Wayne's great love is Gotham City, thats what drives him.

But it was indeed a GREAT, GREAT movie. Probably the best adaptation of a comic book superhero I've ever seen (and I'm counting Spiderman and Superman). Bale was fantastic and this puts him in the top tier of actor - from now he's going to be a superstar. Caine, Neeson, Watanabe, Wilkinson, Freeman (all talented and either Academy-awarded or nominated actors) are just great in supporting roles and Cillian Murphy despite his pretty boy face was suitably creepy as Crane/Scarecrow. One of my fave actors, Gary Oldman, shined again as well, playing against his usual role, as an honest cop and blue-collar good guy who in his way is as much as hero in corrupt Gotham as Bruce. Chris Nolan has instantly become one of my favorite directors and...I can't wait to see it again!
Thanks for the explanation. I thought Katie's character was okay. I mean she wasn't horrible or anything like that, although the whole recent TomKat media blitz did kinda make me a bit annoyed with Katie. But I thought she did a decent job for a role that didn't reallie require that much to begin with. I just read somewhere that it looks like she won't be back for the sequel so it'll be interesting to see how her character plays into the sequel. But yea, the movie was reallie reallie great. And most definitely will plan on seeing it again ...
Old 06-21-2005, 06:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuggie8
Thanks for the explanation. I thought Katie's character was okay. I mean she wasn't horrible or anything like that, although the whole recent TomKat media blitz did kinda make me a bit annoyed with Katie. But I thought she did a decent job for a role that didn't reallie require that much to begin with. I just read somewhere that it looks like she won't be back for the sequel so it'll be interesting to see how her character plays into the sequel. But yea, the movie was reallie reallie great. And most definitely will plan on seeing it again ...
I agree, it didn't take alot to do her part, but she did it decently. She was forgettable though, she really didn't add anything to the story, just another person to save fromm the Scarecrow.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky
Old 06-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Total Fan

I saw Batman on Sunday. I thought it was great. Definately the best one made since the original. The actors were great, especially Christian Bale. He was perfect for the role. I never liked anyone in that role before, except for Keaton. Nobody can ever replace him. But Christian definately comes in as a very close second. Plus he was just really sexy.

I didn't care for Katie's role as Rachel. Mostly because I just don't like her as an actress at all. She just seemed like an unnecessary character.

The Scarecrow was awesome. That was some freaky stuff. I liked the actor who played him. I don't know his name, but I have seen him in other movies before.

The Bat Tank was great. Way better than the Batmobile.

The whole movie was just really well done. The action was good. The acting was great. I love Morgan and Liam. And the end was good. I liked how they tied it with the original. The detective handing over the calling card left by the Joker.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Passionate Fan

I really was not that impressed by this movie, which is sad because I love Christian Bale.

Maybe I am just desensitized now that there are so many comic book movies....

I did LOVE the scarecrow...Cillian Murphy is so freaky!!!!!!!!!!!! that was awesome
Closed Thread   Post New Thread