Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by VampireSlayer:
<STRONG>

I think once this does very well at the box office next summer they'll finally make Supierman a top priority.</STRONG>
Hmm, I hope so too. That said, maybe they're better off just waiting another 5 years and getting Tom Welling for the role after Smallville ends...
Old 03-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Can't wait till Katie Holmes starts fliming her scenes for the movie. Maybe someone can get ahold of some pics.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:36 PM
Addicted Fan

this is offical (from www.joblow.com)

CHRISTIAN BALE as BATMAN

The easy thing to do is compare Bale to his predecessors, Adam West, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, and George Clooney. Remember though, the title of the movie is BATMAN BEGINS not BATMAN: MIDLIFE CRISIS. This is story I've always wanted to see on screen, with a young ass whoopin' billionaire taking out the pain of watching his parents being murdered on Gotham City's lowest life forms. Bale is going to be huge in this movie, and I don't just mean physically. His acclaimed portrayal of young James Graham in 1987's EMPIRE OF THE SUN thrust Bale into his own spotlight only to have it slowly dim until a powerful performance in 2000's AMERICAN PSYCHO. He's proved his action capabilities with 2002's REIGN OF FIRE and EQUILIBRIUM and is once again receiving praise as Trevor Reznik in Brad Anderson's THE MACHINIST. Look for Bale to own your ass when this movie is released. CASTING GRADE: 9.5/10

MICHAEL CAINE as ALFRED PENNYWORTH

At first glance, he might seem like an ordinary tuxedo wearing butler but when it comes to important figures in the life of Bruce Wayne and his alter ego, Albert ranks higher than any other. He's minded after Bruce since the death of his parents and been a key player when it comes to operation of the Bat-cave, healing wounds, covering the Bat's ass, and cleaning the house. The role for Caine is not unlike his portrayal of Nigel Powers in GOLDMEMBER. A secondary character played by one of Hollywood's most celebrated actors. Caine will add the needed humor and cool confidence, traits that have always helped Albert inject sanity into the otherwise chaotic lifestyle of the Dark Knight. CASTING GRADE: 9/10

MORGAN FREEMAN as LUCIOUS FOX

This is where it get a little tricky. Lucious Fox has never been a huge contributor to the Bat-saga yet Nolan opted to go with the drawing power and uncanny acting abilities of one of the world's most popular dramatic actors in Freeman. Now, I haven't read the script so how much Fox is written into the story is unknown to me, but getting such an established personality might backfire if every scene he's in is stolen from Bale. Fox is the man who runs WayneCorp and a true friend to the man he calls boss even though he's still kept in the dark about the whole superhero/ vigilante thing. CASTING GRADE: 7/10

GARY OLDMAN as LT. JAMES GORDON

It's being stressed that this is "Lieutenant" James Gordon and not quite yet the Commissioner we've all become familiar with on television and past films. Oldman turns 46 next week. For some reason he doesn't embody the young strapping cop I always believed Gordon to be in his heyday. That said, Oldman has always surprised me with his character abilities. Dracula in DRACULA, Drexl Spivey in TRUE ROMANCE, Lee Harvey Oswald in JFK, Mason Verger in HANNIBAL, these are all memorable characters. Jim Gordon has a chance to join that list. I've always loved the relationship between the cop and the bat, not your typical enemies but at the same time, they're not going out for beers after rounding up the bad guys. Gordon has always known how to use the quick and efficient justice of The Batman to his advantage while carrying a boat-load of subplots within his own complex life. Getting Oldman tells me the makers of this film might dig into the lieutenant deeper than usual and if that's the case, Oldman will hold his own. CASTING GRADE: 7.5/10

LIAM NEESON as HENRI DUCARD

Henri Ducard was a major player in the molding of Bruce Wayne in his desire to become the ultimate stealth. The Frenchman Interpol agent trained Wayne in the art of manhunting and all the attributes that go along with being a top of the line spy. Neeson should slide right in as the role of the mentor, picking up some tricks of the trade as Obi Wan's teach in THE PHANTOM MENACE. Just add a tiny little mustache and he's all set. CASTING GRADE: 8/10

KEN WATANABE as RA'S AL GHUL

With a name meaning The Demon's Head and a nickname like The Immortal, there was no better villain for Nolan to introduce to the world of Batman on screen. The comic's history between Ra's and Batman is long and complex with storylines involving an attempt by Ra's to have Batman marry his daughter, Talia, in attempt to make him his heir. The history of his character remains a mystery in the books so look for a somewhat new introduction to the character in the movie. Watanabe didn't waste any time becoming a headliner after the success he found with THE LAST SAMURAI and the intensity and skill he boasted in that film should aid him well when he goes head to head with Bale. CASTING GRADE: 9/10

CILLIAN MURPHY as Dr. JONATHAN CRANE (aka THE SCARECROW)

A one-time professor at the University of Gotham, Crane specialized in the field of phobias. After falling into a life of crime he devised ways of using drugs, chemicals, and electronics to spread fear amongst anyone surrounding him. The stick-thin Murphy fits the description of the villain to a tee. No matter how small of a part The Scarecrow might have in this film, I think it's going have a huge impact. The character has been one of Batman's longest running foes and always proves to be a worthwhile fight by exposing Batman to his inner demons. People are going to want more of this guy. CASTING GRADE: 8/10

KATIE HOLMES as RACHEL CASPIAN

Don't know much about Ms. Caspian but early indications from the production says she's a childhood friend of Bruce and his main love interest in the film. And it's Katie Holmes for Christ's sake. CASTING GRADE: 8/10 (cuz she's hot)

YAY!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

*iva*

Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
Old 03-18-2004, 03:54 PM
Loyal Fan

from batman-on-film.com...

A presentation tape? Misc. BEGINS bits
Thursday, March 18, 2004, 9:25 AM CST: This is NOT what I was refering to yesterday, but if you are interested, AICN has some details about a alleged "merchandising promo reel" for BATMAN BEGINS. This tape included interviews with Chris Nolan, David Goyer, and Charles Roven--as well as production designs for the Batmobile and Gotham City. Based on what I know of the script, this report sounds legit....As I have NO CONTROL on when it will actually go public, I'd suggest to keep checking....Our friend "M.B." is back with a few more Bat-rumors. While BOF stands behind the legitimacy of this scooper, take all all this as rumor right now--I wouldn't want anyone tripping out, staying up all night, and making threats of violence, etc.--over this info....

*The studio and filmakers are a bit concerned about the public's perception of the Bat-suit. Which may lead them to releasing a shot of it ala Tobey McGuire and SPIDERMAN soon. "Don't expect anything too bright probably just a shot of Batman in dark lighting, not revealing too much."

*Teaser posters. The Bat-signal over Gotham with "2005" within Bat-area of the light. A car wheel (The Batmobile) with the Bat-symbol as a spoke on the car and just "2005."

*Christian Bale is shaving his beard off by the end of next week for the next phase of production.

*The writer for the novelization of the film will be chosen soon. Several candidates have already met with the powers that be.

Thanks again to "M.B." for the info!

and now this poster which hasn't been confirmed yet but nobody is saying it's a fake or photoshop either...

something official is supposed to come out today too. Many speculate it's the website (batmanbegins.com) so keep your eyes peeled.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:53 AM
Loyal Fan

who wants to see Batmobile pics that have since been proven fake from aicn? I do. HIT IT! "Bo knows..."

Old 03-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Loyal Fan

official site is online!
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/

nothing there, except this right now but it's very cool. behold..
Old 03-20-2004, 01:08 AM
Total Fan

Looking better and better; it's cool how even the bit parts are getting big-name performers to fill the role.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:22 PM
Extreme Fan

When I saw the first picture of the batmodle, before I saw the "fake" logo my stomach felt so sick [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. I wouldn't drive that car if they pad me [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. I hope they just redesign the original batmoble from the first movie.
Buffyverse 1997 - Now & Forever
"I have promises to keep... and miles to go before I sleep."
Old 03-23-2004, 08:40 PM
Total Fan

Hah. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'm hoping for something sleek and angular, like the one used for Batman: The Animated Series.

Old 03-31-2004, 12:47 AM
Elite Fan

The logo on the official site looks great. Those wannabe Batmobiles look silly. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 02:21 PM
Extreme Fan

I just saw the 2 official pictures of the batmoble at the official site and my god the fake ones look so much better than the real thing. I'm starting to think this movie is gonna be a piece of crap.

Just because there's allot of stars in it doesn't mean it's gonna be good... All hope that I had for this movie is falling.

Old 04-01-2004, 01:49 AM
Total Fan

Couldn't find a picture, but that's how the Batmobile looks in the most important Batman comic ever written, The Dark Knight Returns.

I rather like it, if the animated series look wasn't going to be used. Better than that rediculous coupe they had going on from the 4th film...
Old 04-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Really? Maybe it'll look better in action for me. I'd still rather have the one from 89 [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I'm still gonna pray this is gonna be good.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...9/f92879d0.jpg

This is official! Just kidding, I made it hehehe.

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited VampireSlayer ]
Old 04-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Made some art today. That is Bales face.
http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/...batman&.view=l

You have to go there to view em [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04-02-2004: Message edited VampireSlayer ]
Old 07-08-2004, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ugh, we have to wait a whole year for this movie to be released. Seems so long.

Sasha
Closed Thread   Post New Thread