Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

.::Coming-of-Age/Teen Movies::.

Hey guys! I also checked the Master List for a thread like this & didn't see one. Personally some of my all-time fav. movies are Coming-of-Age and/or Teen Movies (certain ones, lol), I just love them!

Last edited by goodbreakingbad; 03-25-2005 at 09:26 PM
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

You forgot the most poignot one of them all:

Lucas (1986) - Corey Haim, Charlie Sheen and Kerri Green.

This is the definitive coming-of-age/teen movie for Generation X (next to Ferris Bueller's Day Off) because it isn't a typical "popular kids vs. outcast" story.

It is more realistic portrayl of suburban high school life and what it is really like in there are different cliques that exist in high school, but realistically, a lot of kids can go from one group to another and not have to be just one thing... But there is always that one group that each one aspires to be because they feel it will make them better than they already are like Lucas' character.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh wow, I will have to look into that one, I haven't heard of that one.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:41 PM
Total Fan

There is a lot of coming of age / teen movies that I absolutely love. My most favorites are:
The Breakfast Club
Sixteen Candles
Ferris Buellers Day Off
10 Things I Hate About You
Bring It On
Empire Records
Clueless
Cruel Intentions

any many many more........There are just too many and they pretty much have all been named already.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I really love the John Hughes ones from the '80s, those rock, especially Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, & Pretty in Pink!
Old 03-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

My all time fav is CampNowhere
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." (Oscar Wilde). ships - Shelle, Trilly, Cliffie, Laley, Nookie, Pathan, Notebookers, Jelle, Trory, B/A, J/H, P/J
Dawndelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Omg, you're a Camp Nowhere fan too?! I friggin' heart that movie! I love Mud, lol. I watched my DVD the other night & omg, love it just as much now as I did when I was growing up.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm a total fan, I can resite the whole movie with out watching it cause I have watched it so many times. Its nice to see CampNOwhere fans there isn't many of them
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." (Oscar Wilde). ships - Shelle, Trilly, Cliffie, Laley, Nookie, Pathan, Notebookers, Jelle, Trory, B/A, J/H, P/J
Dawndelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know right, it's so great to meet another CN fan! I loved that movie! It's such a great coming-of-age movie for those kids who's parents have them all set to be what they want them to be, but yet they defy convention & have that incredible summer of becoming who it is they want to be themselves.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

Boys N the Hood
Juice
Goonies
Old 03-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Welcome to the Dollhouse, a very funny coming of age story that starred Heather Matarazzo. Awesome film. Definitely check it out if you guys haven't seen it.

"Harry, don't go picking a row with Malfoy, don't forget, he's a prefect now, he could make life difficult for you..."
"Wow, I wonder what it'd be like to have a difficult life?" said Harry sarcastically.-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Snoshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Now, that one I have heard of...it's an Indie, right?

Oh, speaking of Indie/Teen movies, I loved Saved!, actually, lol.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, it was an indie. I loved Saved! too!! My fave part is when Cassandra starts freaking out during the assembly. Too funny! Another good one is Newsies with Christian Bale.

"Harry, don't go picking a row with Malfoy, don't forget, he's a prefect now, he could make life difficult for you..."
"Wow, I wonder what it'd be like to have a difficult life?" said Harry sarcastically.-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Old 03-25-2005, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ok, I thought it was. I added some of the Indie's I like.

My fav. part of Saved! was when Mac's character was dressed as the rollerskate, I mean, how cut was that, lol.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, that was very cute! And how Mary and Patrick had the same exact costumes.

Reply   Post New Thread