Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2010, 01:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

The Clinic

Synopsis:
Young mother-to-be Beth is traveling across country with her fiancé, Cameron, when one night she wakes alone to a nightmare situation, faced with an unknown enemy and a deadline for survival. Her child has been abducted and she is trapped in an isolated clinic together with a group of other mothers.

The Clinic follows the journey of six women who find themselves trapped and isolated with only each other to turn to (and against). Something has drawn these women together and will ultimately tear them apart.

An intriguing thriller from first-time writer/director James Rabbitts, The Clinic explores women’s primal instincts and how far they will go to protect life. Inspired by true events.

Trailer: YouTube - The Clinic official HD trailer

Review from Bloody-Disgusting.com - Score: 8/10!

"Just when I thought I’d had enough of “let’s tie a woman up and do stuff to her” movies, along comes The Clinic, which gives the sub-genre a breath of fresh air, thanks to a unique scenario, a decent twist, and way above average technical and acting qualities.'

The whole review contains big spoilers! If you want to avoid them, read the cut version on my blog. You can find more reviews and opinions about Tabrett Bethell's performance here.

Writer/Director: James Rabbitts

Cast: Tabrett Bethell - Beth
Andy whitfield - Cameron
Freya Stafford - Veronica
Clare Bowen - Ivy
Sophie Lowe - Allison

Official sites: www.TheClinicFilm.com.au www.TheClinicMovie.com
Follow the film on Twitter: The Clinic (TheClinicMovie) on Twitter
Follow and Like the film on Facebook: The Clinic | Facebook
IMDb page: The Clinic (2010) - IMDb
Trailer picspam. Top 10 scenes - picspam (with mild spoilers).

Tabrett Bethell starred in Legend of the Seeker as Cara, and she has another film currently seeking a publisher, Anyone You Want, she won the Best Actress Award for her performance in it at the Manhattan Film Festival. Here's what she said about this film:
When I first read the script it grabbed me because I know what it’s like to love with your whole heart and fight for something. I love action and to get the opportunity to bring back a bit of girl power was quite cool”.

Andy Whitfield (best of luck to him in his battle against cancer!) starred as Spartacus in the Starz series.

Pictures from the premiere in Melbourne: here.
Promotional still and posters: here. (The poster above isn't the original version, I put in the laurels.)

The film will be released in Australia on DVD on February 17, 2011. They are working on releasing it in other territories as well.

Upcoming screenings:
Film Society of Lincoln Center, October 28, 8:30PM, Lincoln Center, New York.
Order the tickets here: http://ticketing.filmlinc.com/single...g.aspx?p=21348
Directions: Film Society of Lincoln Center

San Sebastian Horror and Fantasy Film Festival, November 4, San Sebastian, Spain, Teatro Principal, 5:00PM
Tickets will be on sale here on October 25, from 4:00PM.

November 6, Santa Monica, California, USA, Ocean Screening Room, 3:00PM
This one isn't really for fans, this is for of the American Film Market, but if you register and have 275$, you can buy a day pass too. Ocean Screening Room - Santa Monica

Last edited by Necros; 10-17-2010 at 02:43 AM
Necros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

There are two more reviews from Screamfest on my blog. Here are the highlights:

"Definitely among one of the best horror films this year. A must see film. Seek it out!" It got the best rating:

Update about Tabrett's performance!
"dominating the screen, was a confident and fearless performance by Tabrett Bethell"
Thanks Jorge!

"The Clinic is a well-crafted creepy film that has some interesting twists and turns worth sticking around to watch. The story relies on the suspension of disbelief from the viewer, that the clinic would be able to do what they do in the first place, but it’s a fun ride when all the pieces of the puzzle are put into place. I really appreciate having a story instead of mindless slaughter"

Last edited by Necros; 10-18-2010 at 11:10 AM
Old 10-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

It's the first time I hear about this. Thank you for the thread!
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Don't forget, you can see The Clinic today!

Film Society of Lincoln Center, October 28, 8:30PM, Lincoln Center, New York.

If you haven't done so already, please click on "Like" on the film's Facebook page! The Clinic | Facebook

Another film festival, another chance to see the film, this time for fans in Indonesia:

INAFFF (Indonesia International Fantastic Film Festival) is back with a vengeance. As always, they aim to please not only the bloodthirsty horror fans, but also the fanatic sci-fi, fantasy and anime lovers as well. Rhis is a fantastic film festival, the only festival in the South East Asia region celebrating genre films - horror/thriller, sci-fi, fantasy, anime, B movies, and other-worldly films.

Details about The Clinic's screenings:

In Jakarta (Blitz Grand Indonesia):
Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 17:00 Audi B

In Bandung (Blitz Paris Van Java):
Saturday, November 27, 2010, 19:15 Audi B

Ticket info: iNAFFF - Indonesia International Fantastic Film Festival 2010

If you buy your ticket in the Presale period, one ticket costs 20.000 Indonesian Rupiahs, or 2.24 US dollars in Jakarta and 15.000 Rupiahs or 1.68 US dollars in Bandung. During the Festival period the price is a bit higher, 25.000 Rupiahs/2.8 US dollars and 20.000 Rupiahs/2.24 US dollars.

The Film Society of Lincoln Centre's homepage is advertising Scary Movies 4 with The Clinic.

The website of the 21st Horror and Fantasy Film Festival in San Sebastian has been updated, they are listing The Clinic in the Official Feature Film Selection. Be careful visiting the link though, they put minor spoilers in the film's description.

And now a review from Movie Cafe, posted by Jaccstev:

“The Clinic” (Australia - 2010)
The market for horror films in Australia is, and always has been, unquestionably dominated by American and British products, but since the first “Saw” movie, created by Aussie duo James Wan and Leigh Whannell, spawned a successful gore franchise which is now up to its seventh installment, Aussie horror films are back - and they're stronger than ever. With suitably twisted plot, “The Clinic” by James Rabbitts is also a one to watch Aussie horror this year. The film is slow to get started, but once underway it’s an enjoyable ride. Tabrett Bethell's excellent performance also is the highlight of the film for me. Here’s the synopsis: While travelling across Australia in 1979, heavily pregnant Beth Church is abducted. Waking up in an abandoned abattoir, she’s horrified to find her baby has been removed. Searching the isolated prison for a way out she finds three other women in exactly the same terrifying predicament. And so their deadly game of survival begins Raw psychological horror as SAW meets THE VANISHING with a gripping hereditary twist in director James Rabbitts’ feature debut.
Halloween-meter: 6.5/10
Not as great as previous reviews, but it's praising Tabrett too.

And finally please, show your support and vote for Tabrett in the People's Choice Award nomination as many times as you can!

Favourite TV Drama Actress:
Nominate your favorites for People's Choice Awards 2011 - PeoplesChoice.com

Favourite Movie Actress:

Vote for The Clinic in the Favourite Horror Movie category!

Vote for Anyone You Want in the Favourite Drama Movie category!

You can vote for her and her films on Twitter too! Tweet Your Votes - PeoplesChoice.com
Reply   Post New Thread