Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Elite Fan

Characters You Hate!

I hate John Malkovich in The Portrait of a lady SO MUCH. I could barely look at the screen when he was on. Oh my God... His character goes beyond the borders of unbearable to the lands of 'I could kill someone' Of course he was playing the 'villain' which means he was doing his job well, too well. I'm not kidding, I hated him.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

The Emperor in Star Wars. i COULD NOT stand him, every time he was on screen i wanted to claw his eyes out.

there's others but i can't think right now.
roswellcharmed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

I can't stand Jay in ALL of the Jay and Silent Bob movies!! I always want to pop him right in his dirty, potty mouth!!

"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same." Luke 6:32-33

felizabeth20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

I hated Commodus in Gladiator (due to Joaquin Phoenix's brilliance as an actor, no doubt), and I also LOATHED Paris in last summer's Troy.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Kiefer Sutherland's character Robert in "Eye For An Eye". After seeing that movie, it took me quite sometime to see Kiefer in anything else because he scared out of me in that role.

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Kate Beckinsale in Pearl Harbor!!! In case you have never seen that movie....spoiler alert!

That character got serious issues. I don't even understand why the 2 men would fight over her like this. It was like "Hey, I love you. No wait, I don't. But yes, I do. No wait, but I also love your friend. But hell, he's dead now. But hey, he's not. And I love him. But I love you too. I will always love you, but you are dead now. So I will be with your friend." It was like whichever one of those 2 men was still alive, she'd be with him. She was so back and forth that it was past a typical case of "My old love is dead so I've moved on to someone else." No one knows who she really loves EVER.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 12:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswellcharmed_2000
The Emperor in Star Wars. i COULD NOT stand him, every time he was on screen i wanted to claw his eyes out.

there's others but i can't think right now.
Yes! Return of the Jedi was a great movie, EXCEPT for those scenes with the Emperor. We would literally fast forward every time we watch; it's literally painful to watch. Plus it doesn't help that those scenes are sooo slow and just plain boring.
mh67511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 02:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Mr Dursley from Harry Potter. Love the actor, HATE the character
Old 03-05-2005, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdriaMichelle
Kiefer Sutherland's character Robert in "Eye For An Eye". After seeing that movie, it took me quite sometime to see Kiefer in anything else because he scared out of me in that role.
Ugh, I saw that movie when it came out and can still clearly recall that horrid character of his and what he did to that poor girl. I remember I saw A Time to Kill right after that, so clearly, it wasn't a positive night as far as those two characters of his go. He really knows how to portray true scum.

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Kate brewster in T3, sorry but i HATED HER SO DAMN MUCH, i wanted her to die .

Herminie in harry potter, i havn't liked her since the first one, i just...don't .

I agree with kate beckinsale in pearl harbour, seriously annoying .
Old 03-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.S.H.A.
Ugh, I saw that movie when it came out and can still clearly recall that horrid character of his and what he did to that poor girl. I remember I saw A Time to Kill right after that, so clearly, it wasn't a positive night as far as those two characters of his go. He really knows how to portray true scum.

Sasha
So true Sasha. In a way that truly makes Kiefer a talented and gifted actor.

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

Robert De Niro as Al Pacino in The Untouchables

Photographs
Blog
ALittaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALittaM
Robert De Niro as Al Pacino in The Untouchables
Al Capone hun

Eric Bana in Troy, he just looked like a lost puppy the whole time.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

The characters I love to hate are the more reality based ones that think acts of kindness and charity are signs of weakness and that being a good person (usually, what the main character is all about) is pointless and completely wrong because all that matters is money, wealth and power.

This may seem stereotypical, but a good example of this is in all the movies that take place in corporate America, there is always one character who is the epitome of greed and selfishness and his/her role in the story is make everyone else feel inferior just because the main character (hopefully) behaves like most of us do in real life and that is value their friends, family and other things over money.

The most recent example of this is in "In Good Company" where the second in command calls Dennis Quaid's character a "Over-the-hill loser" just because he has the wisdom to question that money is not what makes the world go around AND that this approach will actually loose the company money in the long run.

A lot of you younger posters might not find these characters very irritating of hateful... But trust me. Once you get out into the real (working) world, these characters actually exist and they not nice people in any sense of the word and they do try and justify their miserable existance -- since they don't have family, friends a lot of times -- And all you can do is just shut up and listen to them or lose your jobs...

Unlike in the movies where the good guys actually do win and show them that there is more to life than money, greed and power.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Roxie Hart in Chicago. I always felt sympathetic towards Velma. Roxie is always trying to steal her thunder.