Old 03-17-2018, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Fingers crossed
Old 03-17-2018, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes!!!
Old 04-19-2018, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

By his twitter account, the future director of the Batman Film mentioned the comic book of the character he likes most. This could give us an idea that stories could influence the film's script.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that!
Old 05-02-2018, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m excited for this, I thin Ben does a great job as Batman/Bruce!
Old 06-12-2018, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rumor

Quote:
Deadline is reporting that writer and director Matt Reeves’ Batman trilogy will in fact be a reboot and they suggest that Ben Affleck “likely” won’t be back as Bruce Wayne.
It’s something we’ve been hearing for months but this is really the first time this has jumped from the rumormill.
Warner Bros. had been eyeing a start on the film next year but without Affleck they could move sooner than expected.
SOURCE: DEADLINE
https://omegaunderground.com/2018/06...-being-recast/
Old 06-12-2018, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that. Hard to tell fact from fiction, so unless there is an official announcement, we kind of have to let the rumours roll off our backs!
Old 06-15-2018, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ben Affleck Won't Play Batman In Solo Film

Quote:
Affleck will be busy for the next year or so with other film projects, including The Has-Been with director Gavin O'Connor. The two are also developing a sequel to The Accountant, while Affleck has some other irons in the fire that will take up additional time on his schedule (including possibly a long-simmering remake of Witness For the Prosecution, with Affleck pulling double duty as director and star). So there doesn't look to be time for him to join production on a Batman movie expected to enter production

Tentatively titled The Batman in previous iterations of the project, the solo movie is being written and directed by Matt Reeves. Reeves turned in somewhere around perhaps 30+/- pages to Walter Hamada almost three weeks ago.

Reeves' Batman reboot picture will focus on a younger Batman during earlier stages of his career as a masked crimefighter. It's possible the film might contain some elements of the character's origin, and the film will be a detective story inspired by noir cinema and certain comic book stories that put a premium on Batman's investigative prowess. The Riddler could be a strong candidate to appear in the film, via inspiration from certain key stories in the comic book source material.
Quote:
Movies are a business, and just because you ask an actor or filmmaker to tell you the truth about something doesn't mean they are at liberty to do so. There are careers at stake, millions and even billions of dollars in revenue, there are contracts and NDAs, and so if someone is asked whether they are still doing a particular job during a time when they're contractually, morally, or otherwise obligated to keep the truth secret, then they can't just say "no comment" because that of course looks like an answer anyway. They often have to just lie, or mislead, or dodge giving a truthful answer in order to maintain the "company line" until they are able to be more honest about it. That's business, and there's no point in resenting it or being angry about it.
So there's also no reason to pretend this doesn't happen, or to ignore the fact it's already happened repeatedly with the DCEU and with Affleck's status on Batman projects.
Quote:
We will know more about the solo Batman movie in the coming months as the script is completed and casting negotiations begin. I've heard filming is tentatively expected to begin next spring, possibly by April if everything is in place. So expect plenty more reports and analysis from me about The Batman and the rest of the DCEU
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#3daa3aec8c62
Old 06-15-2018, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like him as Batman, so with another re-cast, I loose interest.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
I like him as Batman, so with another re-cast, I loose interest.

i agree, Batfleck brought a certain edge and brutal hardness to the character, a darkness within the man, and he had a nice chemistry with Gal Gadot's Diana Prince. i also very much liked the back and forth verbal tennis match between Jeremy Iron's Alfred and the Bats. dammit, i hate recasting. count me out.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 06-16-2018, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Matt Reeves just isn't going in the Wonderbat direction...I can understand if Ben wants to step away