Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

77th Academy Awards Discussion

Anything and everything about tonight's Oscars -> direct here.

Go Morgan Freeman!
Old 02-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

I am going to be watching tonight. I am going for Leonardo DiCaprio and Alan Alda for the Aviator in their Leading Actor & Supporting Actor roles. I am going for Hilary Swank in the Million Dollar Baby and Natalie Portman for supporting actress in Closer. I am hoping that the Aviator wins for Best Picture.

However their is so much hype around Jamie Foxx that I wouldn't be surprised if won.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm really hoping Cate Blanchett wins Best Supporting Actress for The Aviator - i wasn't too into the film as a whole but i think that she did an amazing job of portraying Katherine Hepburn.

Well, isn't it comforting to know that being miserable is still better than being an idiot? - Clare Fisher
imajica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Best picture will probably be the Aviator. But I'd like to see MMB or Ray take it. Best actress, I'd say Hilary Swank. And actor is a toss up between Dicaprio and Cheadle. And of course, go Natalie Portman!

I'm excited for all the little things, like the musical performances. I remember a few years back watching the Cirque du Soleil presentation...I actually was inspired to join it so much I almost registered at their website. Still hoping...
Old 02-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I am watching the Pre-Show thing, it's about to start in 20 mins. I am all for Leo winning for Best Actor, Natalie winning for Best Supporting Actress, & The Aviator for Best Movie! Although, I know that Jamie has it in the bag for Best Actor & I know Hilary has it for Best Actress. But I want Leo to win more than anything, he deserves it the most!
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

I'm torn about Leo, Johnny and Jamie. I've always wanted Johnny Depp to win an Oscar because his talents are beyond anything I've seen. Leo has waited so long for this kind of praise that I can't imagine him not winning tonight. But Jamie Foxx seems to be the winner in most people's hearts so...

Leo did win the Golden Globe so let's see how tonight works out. I'll be happy for any of those three.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Jamie Fox for BA, Hilary Swank for BAs, and Million Dollar Baby for Best Picture. Aviator is spectacle vs. story and I think the Academy knows this... Hopefully.

Did you notice how a lot of the single people are bringing their siblings?

Jake and Maggie Gyllenhall
Kirsten Dunst and her younger brother
Penelope Cruz and her younger brother

Is it trendy to bring your sibs to the Academy Awards now?

---
Also, it would be completely historic if Jamie Fox somehow managed to take home both the BA and BSA respectively. I don't think anyone of any color has done that, let alone a Black person and if he did it... Wow
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty

Did you notice how a lot of the single people are bringing their siblings?

Jake and Maggie Gyllenhall
Kirsten Dunst and her younger brother
Penelope Cruz and her younger brother

Is it trendy to bring your sibs to the Academy Awards now?
I noticed that. And the whole thing w/Jake bringing Maggie & Kirsten bringing her bro, I bet they are really there together, lol.

It's starting! I just hope Chris doesn't burn too many people severly, lol. And LET'S GO LEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Addicted Fan

"Imagine you're working at the Gap. One night you're closing your register, and it's 70 trillion dollars short." Bwah! I don't think Chris Rock is too funny but that line was. Heh.

I want Leo to win Best Actor, Hilary Swank for Best Actress, Thomas Haden Church for Supporting Actor, Virginia Madsen for Supporting Actress, and Million Dollar Baby for Best Picture. And Eternal Sunshine for Original Screenplay.

icon credit
alli balli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Can I just say that I HATE.. With the passion of a thousand firey suns... How they have the nominees standing on stage like some stupid reality TV show when their names are being read?

It's disrespectful and immature and I hope someone does make a joke like, "The tribe has spoken and the Oscar goes too..."
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty
Can I just say that I HATE.. With the passion of a thousand firey suns... How they have the nominees standing on stage like some stupid reality TV show when their names are being read?

It's disrespectful and immature and I hope someone does make a joke like, "The tribe has spoken and the Oscar goes too..."
I agree. So awkward for those who lost to be standing there up on stage.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah. It's completely insulting to see them just stand on the stage or receive their Oscar by their seats...it's ridiculous.

What's pissing me off right now is the fact that Beyonce totally BUTCHERED that song from Les Choristes. She can't speak French, so why is she singing in French? The pronounciation was all wrong and it turned out to be gibberish. BLAH! I'm so annoyed that the original artists won't get to sing their songs...stupidness...and why Beyonce?!!!

Congrats to Morgan Freeman and Cate Blanchett for winning their Oscars.

Love,
Cindy

Lex/Lana l Clark/Lois l Ryan/Summer l Ryan/Kirsten l Ephram/Amy l Bright/Delia l Bright/Hannah l Luke/Lorelai l Rory/Marty l Logan/Veronica l Charlie/Claire l Sawyer/Sun
louloucn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Loyal Fan

hey guys i'm so annoyed cus living in england you would think the oscars wud be on but their not. They'er usually on every year but for some reason not 2005, so i am relying on live streaming from the oscar website and various web pages, it's so annoying.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

I found Beyonce's performance awkward. She's a good singer, but something was off. I hope the next two songs she sings are better.

Love Morgan Freeman...finally he gets an Oscar.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

Ah I was wrong with my supporting actor picks but Morgan and Cate were going to be my second choice for that cateorgy. Congratulations to them.

Aviator hasn't lost anything yet for what they have been nominated for. Looks like they are going for a sweep.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread