Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Absolute Fan

Yea he says it's like an arranged marriage. While this episode was promoted as SE heavy, I actually think it'll end on a hopeful note for DE.

This newest interview with Paul leads me to believe Damon is definitely one of the ones that's taken by an unusual fate in season finale. He flat out says it isn't Stefan.

'Vampire Diaries': Director Paul Wesley on nixing some shirtlessness | Inside TV | EW.com

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 04-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

I definitely don't plan on watching this episode until I come here and see if it was as bad as I'm anticipating. Not for ratings or to make some statement, I just don't feel like wasting an hour watching something that is just going to annoy me. I had no problem watching SE for the first three seasons because the major arcs of those seasons were actually good and well written, but this season has been absolute garbage. I've honestly never cared about the doppleganger nonsense, the Augustine society, and this current stuff we're getting into.

Hopefully someone as cynical (when it comes to this show and its treatment of Damon) as me can give the thumbs up to watch the episode if it ends up being okay.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Paul's words are strange in that interview b/c he says there are 12 more guesses makes me wonder if it has something to do w/the dopplegangers.

2014 May Finale Spoiler-rama!

The Vampire Diaries (The CW)
When to Watch: Thursday, May 15 at 8 p.m.
What to Expect: Longtime fans will not want to miss the season five finale as we're hearing some familiar faces will be popping up in Mystic Falls. Plus, EP Caroline Dries teases that the finale's cliffhanger is "up there" with the series' best, including Katherine chopping off Uncle John's fingers in season one.

The Vampire Diaries (The CW) from 2014 May Finale Spoiler-rama! | E! Online
Old 04-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Caroline Dries also thought that 5x11 was a spectacular episode, when it turned out to be one of the worst hours of television I've ever witnessed. I trust her as much as I trust Stefan around my pets.

Thanks for the link, tragedy.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
Paul's words are strange in that interview b/c he says there are 12 more guesses makes me wonder if it has something to do w/the dopplegangers.

2014 May Finale Spoiler-rama!

The Vampire Diaries (The CW)
When to Watch: Thursday, May 15 at 8 p.m.
What to Expect: Longtime fans will not want to miss the season five finale as we're hearing some familiar faces will be popping up in Mystic Falls. Plus, EP Caroline Dries teases that the finale's cliffhanger is "up there" with the series' best, including Katherine chopping off Uncle John's fingers in season one.

The Vampire Diaries (The CW) from 2014 May Finale Spoiler-rama! | E! Online
I think he was talking about the leads. Cuz he says "one of the leads ends up in a place thats quite dismal looking for future hope" and in the actual radio interview he basically points out that its not Stefan so that leaves 12 other guesses. There's like 12 other leads in the show that the fate could take. If it was another doppelganger, the fans wouldn't care. Especially as a cliffhanger.

Bellamy and Clarke

Last edited by LuvinJames23; 04-17-2014 at 01:42 PM
Old 04-17-2014, 02:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm basically convinced that Damon will be the one that gets screwed over in the finale, which is refreshing since that's never happened in any of the other finales.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:21 PM
Absolute Fan

The way I see it, if Damon legit "dies" in this season finale then most likely it won't happen in the series finale which I definitely do NOT want happening. Plus it seems Ian filmed more than usual for the S5 finale so it looks like this might be promising for Damon/ian in the long run.

Bellamy and Clarke
Old 04-17-2014, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

I really have good feelings about the finale this year ! fingers crossed we wont get disappointed

new:

The Vampire Diaries “Promised Land” Description
Quote:
UTRUNNING DEATH — When Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) escape from Markos’ (guest star Raffi Barsoumian) control, only to find themselves stranded in a remote location, Stefan gets philosophical with Elena about her relationship with Damon (Ian Somerhalder). After their attempt to protect the dopplegangers goes badly, Liv (guest star Penelope Mitchell) and Luke (guest star Chris Brochu) come up with a dangerous new strategy. Damon recruits Matt (Zach Roerig) and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) to help him set a trap for Markos, who turns out to have a devastating surprise of his own. Bonnie (Kat Graham) finally admits to Caroline (Candice Accola) that she’s been keeping the truth about the Other Side from everyone. Finally, while Bonnie searches desperately for a way to stop Markos, Caroline is witness to an unthinkable act of violence by one of the Travelers. Michael Allowitz directed the episode written by Rebecca Sonnenshine (#521).
http://www.ksitetv.com/vampire-diari...cription/30329

Last edited by imane; 04-17-2014 at 02:52 PM
Old 04-17-2014, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

How many episodes does this season have?
Old 04-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Absolute Fan

I love how SE have simply become good friends. There's really no romance still there and Stefan knows the realness of DE'S love.

Things are about to get intense!!!

TFP!!

AlwaysCB There's 22 episodes this season.

Bellamy and Clarke
Old 04-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinJames23 (View Post)
I love how SE have simply become good friends. There's really no romance still there and Stefan knows the realness of DE'S love.

Things are about to get intense!!!

TFP!!

AlwaysCB There's 22 episodes this season.
Yep. seems like it
Old 04-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Personally, I am over this season. DE has been a disaster, a huge disappointment. I'm not sure it's because of the writing, real-life breakup or who knows what, but I have been incredibly disappointed in the development of both of them and their storyline.

I haven't watched the last few episodes, but is there actually anything to look forward to in regards to DE growth (besides sex?). Will they be talking and will the triangle be ending (for once in our favor)?
Old 04-17-2014, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

This episode broke my heart, i mean the ending. i hope thing will go better.....or i will not watch.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well nothing was really accomplished in this episode. I feel like we've been going on and on about this breakup for DE for the past four episodes. it's time to either move on from the topic or put them back together.

Wasn't really all that happy with Elena jumping on the "let's be friends" bandwagon as if it's a brand new pair of boots that she couldn't resist. It really does seem like she has no intention of getting back together w/him which is understandable but at least a little more sadness about such decisions.

The SE stuff was nice...but again it felt like we were doing the breakup all over again. We really don't need to see that at all...AGAIN!. it was done last season...let's not rehash it again.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:51 PM
Absolute Fan

I didn't see it that way. That last SE scene was the final nail in the SE coffin. They're done. Finished. And having Marcos confess the whole prophecy is B.S. and is only a spell he put on the doppelgangers himself. .it really put a damper on SE's entire relationship. Yes they do love each other but tonight proved that DE are the true love story. I think Elena just sees their break up as time apart. Nothing official. Which is why she's not that upset or worried about it. But now I think she will be after what Damon said.

I personally enjoyed it! And I think Damon's part in the upcoming episodes is gonna be BIG!!! can't wait!

Bellamy and Clarke