Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

EVERYONE IS CALLING THEM A COUPLE NOW! It's sooo cute <3
Old 05-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy at heart (View Post)
Here a comment from someone:

Ian & Nina have never publicly stated that they were a couple. I know at least from the start of TVD they’ve been good friends. What people fail to realize is that their “coming out at cochella” was far from, they were there with multiple friends & crew from their show. They also went to the DC together because they were invited, as was Paul Wesley, but he had other commitments.
I'm sorry but if Ian & Nina were at Coachella w/multiple friends & crew then where were they? Were they hiding or disappeared once they got there & left them only w/Josh & Diane? Also I highly doubt Nina was invited to the WHCD, I mean I love VD & no offense to the show but it's not exactly the type of show where you get invited to prestigious things like this. So I don't think Paul or Nina were invited. Ian is involved w/charities & a foundation. Also Ian & Nina weren't even promoting the show so the thought that it was for publicity doesn't make sense to me either.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

i think that if Paul was really invited he would be on the guest list that was announced 2-3 weeks ago. there were a lot of celebs that didn't show but they were still on the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
Also Ian & Nina weren't even promoting the show so the thought that it was for publicity doesn't make sense to me either.
exactly they didnt do any press.. no interviews or anything

Last edited by Ashley486; 05-02-2011 at 03:47 PM
Old 05-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Loyal Fan

This wasn't an event to promote the show so Paul didn't HAVE to be invited to. I think that Ian was there because of his foundation and also because he is and Atlanta based actor. The Atlanta factor could explain why Nina was there too if not only being his +1.

Last edited by Maya*; 05-02-2011 at 03:54 PM
Old 05-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ian got invited because he worked with Impact Arts and Film Fund last fall.. and they were co-hosting with The National Journal..

Quote:
Guest: Model/actor Ian Somerhalder.

Host: National Journal.

Why invited: The Louisiana native hooked up with the Impact Arts and Film Fund during an energy conference last fall; Impact is co-hosting National Journal’s pre-party Friday. And the Journal’s Connie Witherspoon is a “huge fan” of his show “Vampire Diaries.”

Also at the table: Chris Dodd, David Axelrod, Reps. John Dingell, Mike Pence, and John Mica.
White House Correspondents&rsquo; dinner guests: Why&rsquo;d they get invited? - The Reliable Source - The Washington Post

Last edited by Ashley486; 05-02-2011 at 03:57 PM
Old 05-02-2011, 04:21 PM
New Fan

Can someone tell me if it's true that Ryan Secrest said on e!news that ian and nina were the new hollywood couple or is a lie i saw it on twitter.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

i didn't see it but they are ALOT of tweets talking about it

"NiNA and ian are dating just annouced by e News 4 minutes ago Favorite Ret"
"E!NEWS JUST ANNOUNCED THAT IAN AND NINA ARE DATING!!!!!"
"so e!news said IAN & NINA ARE OFFICIALLY DATING? DDD: omfg..."
Old 05-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

I saw the E! News piece. They didn't announce that they are dating, the just showed the one pic of the two of them together from the WHCD with Voice-over that said that they 'looked' like a hot young Hollywood couple. Then they mentioned one of Ian's tweets about Obama making everyone laugh... that was it. They didn't break any news, LOL.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

im gonna be pissed if its not true.. got excited for nothing

i wanna see it myself so i can judge
Old 05-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Nothing that we don't already know and haven't already discussed and speculated about here then!
I just wish for one paparazzi picture of a hand holding or a teeny tiny proof to show that we are right...
Old 05-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can transcribe exactly what it said (*rewinds* - gotta love dvr)

They're doing a whole piece on the WHCD - Seth Meyers, Michele Trachtenberg, etc - showing pictures of celebs that went. They come off a joke where Michelle says she's going to run for President in 2012. Then...
"Not running in 2012? Vampire Diaries star Ian Somerhalder, though he may have already picked out his first lady. Ian and his co-star, Nina Dobrev, were spotted looking like young Hollywood's newest It couple at Saturday night's dinner. Ian was loving the show, tweeting "Obama's speaking right now - holy ******* he is so funny. Seriously the whole room is in laughter."

Also, it wasn't ryan seacrest talking - it was one of their random guys - jason kennedy, LOL.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Its pretty obvious now but I'm sure they're not gonna say anything. They don't owe anyone a confirmation. I think we're going to continue to get articles and vids like these but nothing said from their mouths. And at this point, I don't really care. I just want cute pics thanks
Old 05-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

thank you starr_00!

any chance you can upload?
Old 05-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistocy (View Post)
Its pretty obvious now but I'm sure they're not gonna say anything. They don't owe anyone a confirmation. I think we're going to continue to get articles and vids like these but nothing said from their mouths. And at this point, I don't really care. I just want cute pics thanks
True. As long as we get pretty pictures together like Coachella or the White House, it's perfect.
Still, every time I see a new notification on twitter I can't help but hope it's one of them(more likely Ian, because I have the feeling Nina is the one who wants to keep it low key) telling something about it...
Old 05-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

we can take it a lot more seriously from E News than Jared!