Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

I just found this in tumblr and it's really beautiful and you may want to read it, so...

Quote:
ABOUT LIFE, LOVE AND PASSION AKA DAMON&ELENA…

All right, so this is an excerpt of a Julie Plec interview about the remaining episodes of TVD, and I’d like to comment on a part of her answer to this question:

Can you rule out a Kelly Taylor “I choose me” ending?
[Laughs] No, I can’t rule it out. That would be giving too much away to rule out one of the three options. I guess there’s a fourth option, which is, “I choose both of you.” [Laughs] The big thing with her choice is she’s not the one in complete control of it. These two men really deeply care about her, and she deeply cares about both of them. It’s really a decision about what does love mean to me and to us and where are we supposed to be in our lives with each other. It’s pretty poignant.

When it’s worded like that, combined with the quotes from Julie that this season is about Elena’s journey to discover herself and her feelings and growing up, I cant see how this wont lead to Damon in the end.*

When asked the question about what love means and where it’s supposed to lead you in your life, it’s gotta be Damon and Elena, because if it’s not already clear to everyone through the show, that Elena and Stefan’s love is the safe, secure kind of love that leads to a relationship that stands still - no journey. They wont be moving neither backwards or forwards.
They will just BE. Like they’ve always been.

With Stefan, Elena thought she had figured out what love is, that she found out what true love is, but when faced with death in 2x20, she suddenly realized that she doesnt really know what love is. Because all she has done until now was safe, secure, still relationships with guys who are clearly “good” for her; Matt and then Stefan. I mean, anyone with eyes would look at them and tell her ‘Yes, he’s a good guy. He’s good for you’.

She has never experienced the all-consuming, burning, mind-blowing kind of love that makes you want to scream, shout, throw things and smash them, tear the other person apart and put them back together again, to crawl out of your skin, and just feel like you’re DYING to just touch them, be close to them, to inhale them, to want to crawl under their skin, to just be one with them.

So any kind of decision or revelation about what love MEANS and WHERE it will take you, it’s clear that it’s about Damon and Elena. This is the only relationship that Elena has ever had that has moved somewhere, anywhere - a journey. They were SO SO far away from where they are now. They’ve been SO many things to each other; Enemies, acquaintances, friends, best friends, each other’s solace and rocks and now lovers. They have been moving together along their relationship and along the way they’ve moved and developed as individuals too - a journey!

If Elena will have a “what does love mean to me?” revelation, the only logical thing is that it will be meaning Damon, because she once thought that love for her meant Stefan: “I love Stefan. It will always be Stefan.” And we can all see that she doesnt think that anymore. She was SO sure of it in 2x01, but she’s not sure of it now. Not at all! Because if she was, then she wouldnt be kissing Damon and being confused about her feelings and she wouldn’t make any ‘decision’, because that decision would’ve been made FOR her if she still felt that Stefan is THE meaning of love for her.

Let’s not forget the “It’s really poignant” part, because if it was Stefan’s love that she’ll choose, that’s not really poignant in any way since we have seen her think that she found true love with Stefan, be with Stefan, live out that form of love with Stefan and even CHOOSE Stefan, and reject Damon.

What WILL be poignant though if we finally saw how her view on love and life has been rocked and changed, how much she has grown in the way she sees life and love, in the way she sees herself and the brothers.

What will be really poignant is seeing her realize that real love is NOT at all what she thought before, not at all what she has expected, that true love is indeed that CRAZY, INSANE, PASSIONATE, DEEP kind of love that she has always been looking for, but never really knew how it felt or what it looked like.
Without knowing that that kind of love could be disguised as something completely different; as someone driving you crazy with loathing at first, as someone making you ADORE them as a friend, as someone who would make you really, really care for them as your best friend, as someone who would die for you but also as someone who can make you SO miserable sometimes, someone who can deeply make you feel hurt and angry, as someone who could make you so breathless with the simple act of holding your hand and stroking your fingers so gently, delicately and lovingly.

THAT would be really poignant.
Source

Old 04-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

this one looks like as if it was was you know..uhm yeah after

Old 04-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Extreme Fan

O M G .....awesome

Damon | Elena - THE TRUTH ...or dear, diary... |3x19| - YouTube
Old 04-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 04-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

It looks like Elena ravished Damon but good in this gif!
Old 04-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

he's not happy about being interrupted

concerned Elena

confused Damon

Last edited by wickedrum; 04-21-2012 at 05:07 PM
Old 04-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Supreme Fan

The many emotions of Damon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delena Lover (View Post)
It looks like Elena ravished Damon but good in this gif!
Wouldn't you?

WolfgangღKala
Old 04-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

yeah, and more

Old 04-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

This episode is amazing. I them both OH SO MUCH. All the FEELINGS in the world.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:49 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by niadk (View Post)
I just found this in tumblr and it's really beautiful and you may want to read it, so...

Source
I love this, it's so true.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by niadk (View Post)
OMG Anja has a DE icon I am so happy right now
LMAO! I even started a thread and I NEVER do that! Enjoy it while it lasts

Source

Old 04-22-2012, 05:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlight (View Post)
LMAO! I even started a thread and I NEVER do that! Enjoy it while it lasts

Source

this is perfection. Anja let's hope it will last for a very long time

Old 04-22-2012, 05:47 AM
Master Fan

Beutiful.

Can I just say that this YT video is sooooooooooo well done. I got goosebumps watching it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fabpK...ature=youtu.be

And also saw this too

Quote:
JJ Snyder ‏ @jjbird99
@Kilerkel09 Ian = gracious & charming! re: kiss w/ nina in last episode. He said a good kiss requires "chemistry." http://yfrog.com/kjh2lpjj

Last edited by JoasiaZ; 04-22-2012 at 06:18 AM
Old 04-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm on a video watching spree! Two hot ones:

Last edited by tragedy; 04-22-2012 at 08:07 AM
Old 04-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, It's one of the best JoasiaZ so... REPOSTING it