Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2015, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
Yup I didn't exactly understand what else he wanted. Especially since he compelled Elena to forget.. so they're basically even. Instead he's acting like Damon owes him more over Jo who he's known for like 5 minutes.
Yeah, why should Damon care more about Jo than about Bonnie? Idgi
Old 01-04-2015, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
Yup I didn't exactly understand what else he wanted. Especially since he compelled Elena to forget.. so they're basically even. Instead he's acting like Damon owes him more over Jo who he's known for like 5 minutes.
Did Alaric compel Elena again or do you mean him compelling her after she asked him to? Because I wouldn't count Damon's compelling of Alaric the same as that....

What Damon did was a great infringement of trust and personal will and a cruel reminder to me why I have stopped watching TVD - these writers are HORRIBLE and will do anything to create some unnecessary drama and friction in their story and leave the fans longing for a reconciliation etc no matter how the thing they make characters do don't fit with their growth (for Damon) or personalities (for Alaric, he would be on vervain). So I can understand Alaric being angry with Damon and not cutting him some slack for a while, even if he apologized. It wasn't something one gets over that quickly. BUT this show has only 20+ episodes a year and the writers can not have Alaric giving Damon the cold shoulder for half of it, it just doesn' t work, it isn't good for the characters or their relationship and it is frustrating for the fans who have waited so long to get DA back. So this nonsense does need to stop soon, and now that Damon did his "heartfelt apology" we should see Alaric being a little nicer to him come next episode (now that he has had time to reflect on things and come to the realization the ball is on his court now) and things gradually improving ( I can live with things not being %100 Ok between them immediately). I just don't trust the TVD writers to realize that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide into you (View Post)
Yeah, why should Damon care more about Jo than about Bonnie? Idgi

You see that's another problem with the writing. I think the idea is Alaric is angry not because Damon didn't care more about Jo, but that Damon didn't care about how Alaric cared and what he wanted. The problem all along was Alaric being "hey my girlfriend matters more than Bonnie so go find another way to save that girl. There is absolutely no way we are doing anything that might put Jo in any kind of risk". I would have expected Alaric to be all "we have a way to get Bonnie back? Great. So how are we going to handle that evil dude, because I don't want Jo harmed in the process... We need to make sure she is safe too."
Love crime

LOGH

Last edited by Schumiac; 01-04-2015 at 09:48 AM
Old 01-04-2015, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiac (View Post)
Did Alaric compel Elena again or do you mean him compelling her after she asked him to? Because I wouldn't count Damon's compelling of Alaric the same as that....
No he didn't compel her again. & while I agree w/you in theory what I meant was that they're even in the sense of their outrage over the respective situations. B/c eventhough Alaric had compelled Elena at her choosing Damon was still mad about it. In Damon's mind he felt that Ric had betrayed him. So that's what I meant that okay now Alaric has a reason to be mad back so they both need to get over it now & make up to save the friendship. Damon DID & apologized but Alaric chose to remain angry. & yes I was very upset that Damon compelled Alaric in the beginning & was all for Ric being angry. But when Damon apologized & it was very heart felt I felt like Ric should've accepted. Instead we're left w/him STILL being mad AND lecturing Damon on why he's wrong for wanting to kill Kai. I too hope this angst won't last considering that damon turned out to be right that they should've killed Kai.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:03 AM
Elite Fan

Flashback to another apology:

Old 01-05-2015, 11:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

I remember that scene!

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)
Old 01-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah that was a cute scene
Old 01-07-2015, 03:50 AM
Elite Fan

Old 01-07-2015, 08:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

that gif set!

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)
Old 01-07-2015, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You see that's another problem with the writing. I think the idea is Alaric is angry not because Damon didn't care more about Jo, but that Damon didn't care about how Alaric cared and what he wanted. The problem all along was Alaric being "hey my girlfriend matters more than Bonnie so go find another way to save that girl. There is absolutely no way we are doing anything that might put Jo in any kind of risk". I would have expected Alaric to be all "we have a way to get Bonnie back? Great. So how are we going to handle that evil dude, because I don't want Jo harmed in the process... We need to make sure she is safe too."
Well said Ric only seems to care about Jo's safety and thinks Damon is the bad guy for doing what's necessary to bring his friend back.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirediariesfan (View Post)
that gif set!
Loved it
Old 01-08-2015, 05:19 AM
Elite Fan

Hope we get better scenes between them soon.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes we are long overdue
Old 01-09-2015, 12:16 AM
Elite Fan

Old 01-09-2015, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww the beginning of the BROTP
Old 01-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

First meeting It's crazy how things have changed since then