Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

Jennifer Garner to Host Academy's Sci-Tech Awards

Garner to Host Academy's Sci-Tech Awards
Thu, Jan 29, 2004, 11:01 AM PT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - If Jennifer Garner didn't have anything to do on Valentine's Day, she does now. Garner will present the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Scientific and Technical Awards on Saturday, Feb. 14, at the Ritz Carlton Huntington Hotel in Pasadena.

Two Oscar statuettes will be among the 11 awards presented at the gala black tie dinner.

Digidesign will receive an Oscar for the creation and development of the Pro Tools digital audio workstation. Bill Tondreau of Kuper Controls also will receive an Oscar for his significant advancements with robotic camera systems, which resulted in motion control becoming an integral part of the field of visual effects.

The Gordon E. Sawyer Award will be given to Peter D. Parks for his lifetime of technological contributions to the industry.

Portions of the Oscar presentations will be taped for inclusion in this year's Academy Awards broadcast.

Garner, who stars in the upcoming romantic comedy "13 Going on 30," made her film debut in the 1997 drama "Washington Square."

Her other film credits include "Pearl Harbor," "Catch Me If You Can," "Dude, Where's My Car?" and "Daredevil." Garner also stars in the hit ABC television series "Alias."

Garner will appear live on the Oscar telecast to introduce the Sci-Tech segment. This will mark her second appearance as a presenter at the Academy Awards.

Scientific and Technical Awards are presented by the Academy for devices, methods, formulas, discoveries or inventions of special and outstanding value to the arts and sciences of motion pictures.

Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2003 will be presented on Sunday, Feb. 29, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland and televised live by ABC at 5 p.m. PST, beginning with a half-hour arrival segment.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh wow, that's great! Go Jen!
Old 01-29-2004, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Congratulations to Jen!!
That is awesome. Even though I have never heard of these awards before. And it's on Valentine's Day as well. Hope that Michael didn't have anything too romantic planned.

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 01-30-2004, 01:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Read this over at AM but am still pretty excited about it. I think its cool. And ET just announced it as well. So tat was nice [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. Cause they show bits of it during the Oscar awards anyway... You know, they do that these awars were presented on blah blah blah... and they show quick clips. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Michael: "She just said... Vaughn it's bigger than I thought." (1.22 Commentary)