Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-17-2003, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Alias: The Unofficial Guide - Coming Soon!

I was asked to pass this along to all of you and let you know that there is going to be an Unofficial Guide to Alias released in September 2004. Even though it's a while away yet, it'll be good to see who is interested and spread the word about it as Fanforum members were instrumental in spreading the word about a similar book by the same author about Roswell.

It's going to be written by authors of the Buffy and Roswell guides and both sound really good, so I'm excited about this one! It's set to include summaries of all three seasons as well as cast info and lots more.

Here's a bit of further information:

Quote:
ECW PRESS SIGNS GUIDEBOOKS TO ANGEL AND ALIAS

ECW Press is proud to announce the signing of two new television guidebooks to their list. The first will be a companion guide to the show Angel, written by Nikki Stafford. Stafford, author of the best-selling Bite Me! An Unofficial Guide to the World of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

“I attended a few conventions this past summer as both a fan and an author, and I kept hearing the same two questions over and over,” says Stafford. “‘Will you be re-releasing Bite Me! with season seven of Buffy?’ and ‘Why did you put such short episode guides to Angel?’ I love Angel as much as Buffy, but because Bite Me! was intended to be a guidebook to Buffy (and with full Angel episode guides it would have been over 500 pages long) I focused on Buffy instead. As for re-releasing Bite Me! with only one new season in it, it wouldn’t be fair to ask people to plunk down their money to buy the same book with only 50 new pages in it! So I decided to do this book instead.”

Stafford’s new guide to Angel will feature full episode guides for seasons one through five, and will also include, as a bonus, season seven of Buffy to complete the episode guide on that show. It will also feature best Angel Web sites and mailing lists, and a rundown of the 2003 Posting Board Party in L.A. “I’m hoping this book could be as much a companion to Bite Me! as it is a guide to the show.” The book is due in stores in September 2004.

Stafford will also be co-writing a book on Alias with Robyn Burnett. “I’m a big fan of her previous book on Roswell and thought it would be a lot of fun to work with a fellow writer and fan on this book.”

Burnett has been a professional writer for several years, and has done diverse work for ECW Press. She is the author of Crash Into Me: The World of Roswell and co-author of A Chance for Life: The Suzanne Giroux Story. She most recently finished A Journey of Spiritual Awakening with psychic Judy Brown. She is excited to be working on another television guide. “Alias is a fantastic show with an incredibly talented cast,” says Burnett. “I was a loyal fan before the book idea came up, so this is a treat for me. I’m also thrilled to be working with Nikki as I have always found her books to be both insightful and entertaining.”

Aside from extensive biographies on Jennifer Garner and the other cast members, the book will feature an episode guide chronicling the first three seasons of the successful show, as well as a chapter on the history of the show itself, some interesting tidbits on the CIA, favorite Alias Web sites, the show’s fan following, and more. The guide to Alias is also due in September 2004.

Both books will be unauthorized analytical guides to the show, and will not be affiliated with Twentieth-Century Fox, the WB network, or ABC.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:15 AM
Elite Fan

That sounds so good!!

Thanks for posting that Ellie. I am going to get a copy when it is released here in Australia.

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 12-03-2003, 07:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh! This is so exciting! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Michael: "She just said... Vaughn it's bigger than I thought." (1.22 Commentary)
Old 12-05-2003, 11:10 AM
Supreme Fan

This is cool. I heard wonderful things about "Crash Into Me" although I never got around to buying it. I'll most likely buy the Alias one though. It's awesome that the same author has written Guide books to both of my favorite shows. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

"In my life, there is only one person..." - Vaughn
Old 01-13-2004, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

-ellie-- you're the best! Thanks for the info- I can't wait to get my hands on that book.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:40 PM
Absolute Fan

Ooh, I can't wait to see it. Thanks for the info, Ellie [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 01:29 AM
Elite Fan

ooo thanks for the info [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hopefully they release it the same time here [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Can't wait - I'll definitely be getting a copy!