Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Supreme Fan

ok, this movie was so incredibly cute [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

mark and jen have so much chemistry! of course, not more than mike and jen, but, still, their chemistry is amazing. it made the movie so much more enjoyable for me because they're hot onscreen. it was a bit corny, but still so cute.

heh, loved the thriller dance [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

"i'm a...(whispers) b*tch" [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Anyone be willing to make any 13 going on 30 icons? *I'd love you forever if you could*
Old 04-13-2004, 05:47 AM
Passionate Fan

I wanna see this movie so bad now!

Any news on how its doing box office wise, or has it not been fully released yet?
Old 04-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

Awww, your reviews are great. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] I hate not living in US. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And I'm a very impatient person when it comes to Jen or Alias.

Go Jen! Making us proud. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And reading lots of great reviews too.

Quote:

US Vanguard
RATING: A

Usually, Jennifer Garner is seen on the small screen, kicking bad guy butt on Sunday nights as the star of ABC's spy drama, "Alias." For her latest movie, she dropped the badass CIA persona and really showed she has talent by playing a 13 year old who is suddenly living in the body of a 30 year old. Jenna Rink (Garner) is a typical kid who, on her thirteenth birthday, wishes for only one thing, that she would be grown up, 30 years old, to be exact. The next morning, she wakes up in an apartment she has never seen before and there is a man in her shower. She tracks down her childhood best friend to try and figure out what has happened, only to find out they are not friends anymore. What follows is a hilarious story much in the tradition of "Big" starring Tom Hanks. Jenna has to learn to live her new life and faces a cruel truth about her life. One of the things that struck me about this movie is that this 30-year-old woman has the heart and mind of a 13 year old and because of it, she is happier than any other adult in the movie. She takes such great pleasure in little things, like you do when you're just a kid. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the message I took away from the film is that often we become too adult for our own good. It is important to let our inner child speak sometimes, because that is how we stay young and happy. "13 Going on 30" is a wonderfully funny, touching and heartfelt movie with a GREAT 80s soundtrack. I felt like I was 13... going on 30!
Old 04-13-2004, 12:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by karma killer:
<STRONG>I wanna see this movie so bad now!

Any news on how its doing box office wise, or has it not been fully released yet?</STRONG>
Nope, we all saw a special sneak preview Saturday night. I'm surprised so many of us saw it since it was only one showing and for me it was hard to find a nearby theater playing it, but then again we're all Jen freaks. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

There is another sneak preview next Saturday and then it opens for real and wide on the 23rd. I can't wait to see how it does that weekend. I may have to go see it again to help it along. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Total Fan

I would have seen the sneak preview, but it was sold out [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 08:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

Don't worry Sarah! There's another sneak preview for this Saturday. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2004, 02:35 AM
Master Fan

I might end up going to the one this weekend. I deserve a break after the torture these exams are putting me through [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Even from the previews you can see the joy Jen's character takes from the little things. It's so cute and innocent, and how life should be. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2004, 12:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Box office wise I think the movie will do well. I think that it might take the first or second spot, because only Man on Fire with Denzel Washington will open the same day. There is a probability that it might take the first spot but Kill Bill vol. 2 is going to be tough competition and its opening this week. But overall I think a lot of people will go see it, most of the movies that are coming out are rated R so that'll help since its one of the only movies that are for kids as well as adults.

Gabriela
Old 04-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Boreanaz:
<STRONG>I would have seen the sneak preview, but it was sold out [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Buy your tickets on Fandango.. right now! I bought mine for last Saturday's sneak preview last Wednesday, lol.

I really want to go to the Sneak Preview this weekend but I have to go to Jacksonville to work more cheerleading nationals for my coach. Poo!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

vthokies
Old 04-15-2004, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

She looked gorgeous at the premiere. I love the hair and that light summery dress. She was glowing.

[ 04-15-2004: Message edited Eliii ]
Old 04-16-2004, 01:03 AM
Master Fan

she looks *so* gorgeous in those pics!! I love how she looks in white dresses. Very...Angelic for lack of a better word [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'm going again on Saturday to see it! Taking my mom this time. I have to say, I love Fandango. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

*Daf

[Lois/Clark] [Michael/Sara] [Veronica/Logan] [Sydney/Vaughn] [Jack/Kate] [Alex/Izzy] [Chase/Cameron] [Kimber/Christian] [Phoebe/Cole]

[Journal] [Angel-Rays] [Operation Piggy Bank]
[Team Addison]
Old 04-16-2004, 07:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Aww I wanted to go again and bring my mom too but we have to be at some party at my aunt's house. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

It's too bad too because how better to celebrate Jen's birthday than by going to support her movie? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] So everyone else go see it tomorrow! But go again on opening weekend when the box office really counts. Hehe.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I just got back from seeing this and I must say I was not dissapointed at all. I love love love this movie and my girlcrush only just grows. The film was fantastic, I laughed so many times. Amd the audience seemed to love it too. Lots of clapping at the end. Jennifer should definately do more comedy. It's so refreshing to see hersmile after all gloomy Syd.

I'd recommend this film to anyone. I really hope the film does well. I think the BO for sneak peaks count towards opening weekend, so hooray! My theatre was all sold out.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:41 PM
Master Fan

I just saw the movie it is sooooo good! I never go to see those previewed movies but I made sure I saw this one. Hopefully everyone else will feel the same way and Jen will have another hit on her hands.