Old 12-18-2017, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

no no people, Arrow is awesome
Old 12-18-2017, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
no no people, Arrow is awesome
I agree, Rita. I still watch Arrow. I just quit The Flash because it's become the Iris West show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green eyes sparkle (View Post)
Yeh I watched it though just recently I really liked how Caitlin mirrored Christina and it’s cool seeing the parallels between the two women. I don’t get it, I guess the writers want to go with the comic’s version of Westallen being together I just wish they’d have gone with the potential and the chemistry they had with Snowbarry though. The writers see it otherwise Snowbarry would interact imho.

Sounds like an interesting character and storyline. I may have to try and find it
Actually, the Westallen on the show isn't even really true to the comics, Kate. Barry and Iris never grew up together under the same roof. Iris never had anything to do with STAR Labs. There's really nothing about Iris or Westallen on the show that's true to the comics, so I don't even see the point of sticking to canon. The original Flash show got rid of Iris after the first episode and focused on Barry/Christina, and no one cared. I'm pretty sure that none of the current Westallen fans had even heard of Iris West or cared about her prior to this show. I suspect it's mostly because of Candice Patton playing Iris that people defend her. It's more about the actress, not the character, because the character is pretty weak.

I hope you look into the Vigilante storyline when you have time. It was a pretty graphic and groundbreaking comic when it came out in the 1980's. It went places other comics didn't.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Arrow? With that bland main actor? Not good enough.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, I know how you feel about Arrow, sum1. But I still watch it.

I hope you're feeling a little better, sum1. I'm sorry you haven't been well lately.

Today was a hellish day for me at work. Thank goodness I'm off after tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Still having a rough time myself. Thanks for the sympathy.

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time at work.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I agree, Rita. I still watch Arrow. I just quit The Flash because it's become the Iris West show.

Actually, the Westallen on the show isn't even really true to the comics, Kate. Barry and Iris never grew up together under the same roof. Iris never had anything to do with STAR Labs. There's really nothing about Iris or Westallen on the show that's true to the comics, so I don't even see the point of sticking to canon. The original Flash show got rid of Iris after the first episode and focused on Barry/Christina, and no one cared. I'm pretty sure that none of the current Westallen fans had even heard of Iris West or cared about her prior to this show. I suspect it's mostly because of Candice Patton playing Iris that people defend her. It's more about the actress, not the character, because the character is pretty weak.

I hope you look into the Vigilante storyline when you have time. It was a pretty graphic and groundbreaking comic when it came out in the 1980's. It went places other comics didn't.
I knew Iris and Barry never grew up under the same roof. That is always a bit weird on the show. I didn’t realise they were so different til I took a look at the comics. So yeh considering the show is so different I don’t get why the writers want to stick to canon.i think a lot are Candice fans more than anything. Agree the character is weak, and inconsistent. They change her every year. I mean they don’t even focus on her journalism this season as she’s team leader.

I’m hoping to check out the Vigilante comics as they sound interesting to me.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Arrow? With that bland main actor? Not good enough.
They always give him 'tortured hero' storylines so it's not surprising he tends to have the same expression
Old 12-20-2017, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I didn't know he had facial expressions.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I studied him minutely, believe me, he does
Old 12-21-2017, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe you can spot them with a magnifying glass.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 12-21-2017, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Is there a facial expression there?
Old 12-21-2017, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

no I just thought a funny gif fits the bill instead of disagreements
Old 12-21-2017, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nice one, Rita. Isn't that Oliver with the faux Adrian Chase, Prometheus? I keep forgetting what Prometheus' real name is.

I apologize for not being here yesterday, everyone. I was so exhausted from this week at Hellmart that I just passed out after getting home. I slept 12 hours. Oh, and happy Winter Solstice, everyone. First day of Winter, longest night and shortest day of the year. Only 89 days until Spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Still having a rough time myself. Thanks for the sympathy.

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time at work.
You're most welcome, sum1. My other co-mod, Mark, on the HIMYM board is also ill, and I really feel bad that both of you have to be sick during the holidays. I don't like seeing my co-mods feeling unwell. And thanks, but my job should get better after New Years' and all this holiday madness is over. I can't wait for Spring. Just 89 days away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green eyes sparkle (View Post)
I knew Iris and Barry never grew up under the same roof. That is always a bit weird on the show. I didn’t realise they were so different til I took a look at the comics. So yeh considering the show is so different I don’t get why the writers want to stick to canon.i think a lot are Candice fans more than anything. Agree the character is weak, and inconsistent. They change her every year. I mean they don’t even focus on her journalism this season as she’s team leader.

I’m hoping to check out the Vigilante comics as they sound interesting to me.
Hi, Kate! Yes, Iris and Barry in the comics are a lot different, but to me, Iris was still just a poor-man's Lois Lane. After Barry died in the Crisis On Infinite Earths and Wally took over as The Flash from the late 80's through the 90's and 2000's, Iris really wasn't needed or necessary. Turns out The Flash didn't need Iris West, it didn't even need Barry Allen during that period. And a lot of the Barry Allen that Grant Gustin plays on the show is actually more like 90's Wally West than Barry Allen, who was more of a straight arrow superhero during the Silver Age. The comics even ended up dissolving Barry and Iris' marriage in the comics, so there's no real point to it. And you're right, she's the most inconsistent character on the show and they keep having to change her storyline because they can never figure out a way to make her relevant on the show. Any other character wouldn't gotten written off the show by now, like what Arrow did to Laurel Lance. And I hope you do get a chance to look up Vigilante, Kate. It was a lot more like The Punisher in some aspects.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm going to bed soon, so I'll see you all tomorrow!

Goodnight, Rita! Goodnight, Kate!

Have a good night, and I hope you feel better, sum1!