Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-30-2016, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

For most some of your posts are fine but some are quite long
Old 09-30-2016, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Okay, I'll use spoiler tags whenever I make long posts from now on. I should have done that a long time ago.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's all good
Old 09-30-2016, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Really, Sarah? I never thought that any of LightYears posts were that long. Maybe it's because I'm used to it on The Borgias and Heroes boards.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

I'll use spoiler tags anyway. Not everyone has high speed internet and I don't want my long posts to slow up pages.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, thanks, LightYears.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Aww, I missed saying goodnight to you, Sarah? I hope you had a good night's sleep.

Actually, it wasn't a good game at all, Dave. The Bengals dominated the Dolphins, and it was a pretty boring game all around. Even sportscasters think that Thursday Night Football should be cancelled because it's a stupid idea. It only gives the players three days to rest and the games are typically lousy because of poor performances by the teams. NFL Football should only be on Sundays and Monday nights.
do you think Thursday football will be cancelled Alex?

Morning everyone
Old 10-01-2016, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Watching some of the new shows of The Fall and posting/cleaning
Old 10-01-2016, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

which show do you like the best Sarah
Old 10-01-2016, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Designated Survivor/This Is Us/The Exorcist/Notorious
Old 10-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
do you think Thursday football will be cancelled Alex?

Morning everyone
Good morning, Dave!

I don't know, Dave. The NFL have been pretty committed to Thursday Night Football since 2006, but I've heard a lot of commentators saying that Thursday night games should end. Having games on Sunday gives teams a week to rest, plan, and practice for the next game, and teams that play on Monday night only lose a day. But playing on Thursdays give teams only three days to rest and practice after the Sunday game, and the quality of play suffers. I've heard complaints that Thursday games are low scoring, or lopsided blowouts, like the Bengals/Dolphins game. Also, these days there's a lot of people in the league and in the media concerned about player safety, especially because of the concussion and CTE issue, and three days rest before another game isn't really enough time. But as long as ratings are good, I suppose that the NFL will continue Thursday night games, until fans lose interest if the games and ratings go down.
Old 10-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Mean evening
Old 10-01-2016, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not good evening, Sarah?
Old 10-02-2016, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Good morning, Dave!

I don't know, Dave. The NFL have been pretty committed to Thursday Night Football since 2006, but I've heard a lot of commentators saying that Thursday night games should end. Having games on Sunday gives teams a week to rest, plan, and practice for the next game, and teams that play on Monday night only lose a day. But playing on Thursdays give teams only three days to rest and practice after the Sunday game, and the quality of play suffers. I've heard complaints that Thursday games are low scoring, or lopsided blowouts, like the Bengals/Dolphins game. Also, these days there's a lot of people in the league and in the media concerned about player safety, especially because of the concussion and CTE issue, and three days rest before another game isn't really enough time. But as long as ratings are good, I suppose that the NFL will continue Thursday night games, until fans lose interest if the games and ratings go down.
what do you think about games in London...today is the day for London NFL game...watching it now
Old 10-02-2016, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
what do you think about games in London...today is the day for London NFL game...watching it now
I actually think it's cool. I saw a little of that game before I had to go to bed this morning. Colts vs. Jaguars, right? Who won? 9:30am, jeeez! But I understand, because it was afternoon in London. I didn't even think that Brits liked our Football, which is just a modified version of rugby. In a country with soccer/football as the most popular sport and guys like David Beckham being national heroes, you'd think they wouldn't care for our sport. But I've heard that the games sell out very quickly. According to the NFL, less than 3% of the attendees are American expatriates or Americans vacationing in London. That means the majority of people in the stadium are Londoners or people from other parts of the UK. It's rather surprising, but it's also cool to see an NFL game played at Wembley Stadium.