Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-07-2020, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't mind that. By that point I was a bit sick and tired of Mystique's role being blown totally out of its appropriate level of importance and Jennifer Lawrence was as comic-book-accurate a casting as casting Arnold Schwarzenegger as Storm.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't mind Jen being cast as Mystique, but I do agree that the role could've been cast better. I also agree that Mystique's role in the First Class movies was way overstated. She's supposed to be a villain, not an elder statesman of the X-Men.
Old 09-08-2020, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Bloody right.
Except I think that's elder stateswoman.

Last edited by sum1; 09-08-2020 at 07:27 AM
Old 09-08-2020, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Stateswoman. But she's still an X-Man.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Whatever.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry, sum1.

And guess what? A Norwegian lawmaker has officially nominated Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize for negotiating a peace agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates. Can you believe that? Oh, and Trump recently admitted to downplaying the severity of SARS CoV-2 in an interview with Bob Woodward.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

What's the apology for?
Old 09-10-2020, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

have Norwegian people lost their minds as well?
Old 09-10-2020, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
What's the apology for?
The stateswoman/X-Man thing.

I don't know, Rita. They said something about how he's the first president in 39 years to not get the US into a war or some foreign incident going all the way back to Jimmy Carter and the Iran crisis.
Also, for the Israel/UAE agreement. I find it shocking given everything that's happened this year.
Old 09-11-2020, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
The stateswoman/X-Man thing.
You didn't need to apologize.

Quote:
I don't know, Rita. They said something about how he's the first president in 39 years to not get the US into a war or some foreign incident going all the way back to Jimmy Carter and the Iran crisis.
Carter's screw-up there spawned the whole phenomenon of Islamist extremism. Anybody who thinks Trump deserves a Nobel prize needs to be put in a padded room.
Quote:
Also, for the Israel/UAE agreement. I find it shocking given everything that's happened this year.
I don't find the Israel/UAE agreement surprising in the slightest. With Iran causing so much trouble in Middle East, Arab countries are finding common cause with Israel. It's progress.
Old 09-11-2020, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
You didn't need to apologize.
Okay, thanks.

Quote:
Carter's screw-up there spawned the whole phenomenon of Islamist extremism. Anybody who thinks Trump deserves a Nobel prize needs to be put in a padded room.
Hey, not my opinion, sum1. I'm just relaying what I read in the report. It was the reason given by the Norwegian guy who nominated him. But you're right that Carter screwed up big time where the Shah was concerned. He also should've evacuated the US embassy the moment that the Ayatollah's forces took over Iran. Did he learn nothing from Saigon?

Quote:
I don't find the Israel/UAE agreement surprising in the slightest. With Iran causing so much trouble in Middle East, Arab countries are finding common cause with Israel. It's progress.
Uhhh, that's not what I mean, sum1. I said that I was shocked that Trump got the Nobel nomination given everything that's happened under his watch this year, despite the Israel/UAE thing. I'm not surprised by that peace agreement either because I've never seen the UAE as being that fanatical. Also, they've got great airlines and their cities look like something out of a science fiction movie.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

that Norway guy was revealed to have Vichy French (Nazi collaborators in WW2) relatives and far-right ideology from mother's side who were from the Sudetenland in Germany. go figure. trumpster gets nommed by nazis, vichys, kkk, and neo-nazi usa types. wow the perfect storm of stupidity and missing chromosomes smh.

that nobel prize isn't worth a roll of toilet paper he threw at Puerto Rican hurricane survivors who didn't even own a toilet to use the tp in, after a Cat-4 hurricane destroyed 90% of the island and it's infrastructure.

you disgust me, der trump.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 09-12-2020, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Trump is certainly a wanker.
Old 09-12-2020, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Trump is certainly a wanker.

Yeah, I heard that about the Norwegian guy.
Old 09-13-2020, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

White supremacists just love Trump. He calls them "very fine people."