Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-03-2017, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

I agree, but please don't knock those social media websites. It's where I get most of my news and info.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm not knocking them, LightYears. But I don't want them replacing because they're not really quite as good for chatting and socializing. Too much cyberbulling and stalking.

Here's the post count for this week:

August 27th - 78,105
September 3rd - 78,479
Post Count For The Week - 374
Daily Average(approx) - 53

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 09-03-2017 at 06:53 PM
Old 09-04-2017, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Plus is moderated where most of those probably aren't and it can be rough for cyberbulling and trolls

Not bad of a count

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYears (View Post)
I think is just declining in general. I hope The Avengers board stay open. I try to help out when I can. Would hate to see it go.
Very very badly declining
Old 09-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
Plus is moderated where most of those probably aren't and it can be rough for cyberbulling and trolls

Not bad of a count

Very very badly declining
Thanks, Sarah!

What do you mean declining? I still see plenty of posters, and we keep getting new ones. Please don't even suggest that, Sarah. This place is like a second home to me. This is where I met all my friends and where we can all hang out and spend time together.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

FF is keeping going no matter what. Goldenboy and Jerry D will see to that.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
What do you mean declining? I still see plenty of posters, and we keep getting new ones. Please don't even suggest that, Sarah. This place is like a second home to me. This is where I met all my friends and where we can all hang out and spend time together.
You've probably been on the same boards all this time, right? Not gotten out and explored - there's plenty of boards that are solo mods, plenty of boards that have closed from low count or no moderator to take over. Popular shows just relay on shipper threads [WestAllen example] where lucky I went to both Arrow|Flash and cycled some threads so not just WestAllen or Olicity

TVD use to be BOOMING but now its dead
Old 09-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, but that's because TVD is dead, Sarah. Remember what the TV environment was like in the 2000's and what it's like now. The most active boards are the ones with new shows. It's normal for boards to slow down or close after a show ends, or if a show isn't that popular. But look at all the CW show boards, and the cable TV boards. I think FF is just changing, but not declining.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I still feel its slower Stephen right is being kept alive by a single poster that posts on 15 or so threads daily. Katie hopefully with her return changes and more activity

PB related is just cause well I made a great friendly impression with the revival and gathered "small group" of semi-regulars which makes me happy. Than SW|WM are co-moderators that are epic [Tia|Tar]
Old 09-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I understand, Sarah, but I still think it has to do with the time that FF first came online. Back then all those shows that had FF boards were still on the air. Now most if not all of them have gone off the air, and most of their boards closed down years afterwards. And getting new shows to attract new fans to FF hasn't been easy lately because TV seems to be going through another creative slump. The celeb boards are even worse because so many of those celebs don't seem to be in too many films or TV shows to give fans something to post about. They get hot for a few years, and then cool off. I think we're all just waiting for the next TV/film renaissance to happen, like in the 90's. That's where all the shows that FF's first boards were dedicated to came from.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

a great discussions i think you both are right , FF is declining cause we have more to compete with but it is a more friendlier environment ,

but sarah is right a lot of boards have solo mods or a mod that has to do muti boards i remember when i was mod 4 boards i didnt have time for anything else and a lot of other boards would suffer cause tbh we dont have alot of fans 80% of people who post are mods themselves they do double duty .. i think marvel awesome but it is atm just an avengers board maybe in a year or two it can switch to just marvel cause once the last movie of avengers come out a lot of the avenegers will die or wont be doing a lot of movies .. Dc tv shows arrow/flash is all the ships the writing havent been that great im still behind both shows 1 season each , the flash i loved in season 1 season 2 was ok i know certain things that happen in season 3 and it seems ok but i miss the formula they had in season 1 .

Ps sarah you were a saint on the grant board
Old 09-06-2017, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I know didn't post for long on GG but your welcome - I think you completely made the right decision on closing especially if he's not that Social Media cause that's where Stephen is good for - he's very Social Media active, VERY CON activity, plus just everything about him

I also strongly think that everything should be combined into one board for Avengers OR atleast everything within MCU. DCEU is looking to get a board and I think everything should go into one

So with Marvel Avengers plus maybe all these Marvel related shows on Netflix, I know 4 out of 5 shows have boards and Jessica had one but it closed
Old 09-06-2017, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I'm actually thankful is not as busy as it used to be. Back when I was starting and posting on the Ian Somerhalder board, we were so active I practically didn't have time for any other board!
Old 09-06-2017, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Happy medium would be nice Yes WAY back 8-10 years ago or 5-10 years ago was insanely busy but I feel its way too slow now - so many solo mods, so many boards closing

I just think somewhere in the middle between how use to be and now - instead of only moderators or those solo mods being lucky to have posters that post on the board - so instead of 2 or 3 people - 5 or so people with real discussion
Old 09-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
I know didn't post for long on GG but your welcome - I think you completely made the right decision on closing especially if he's not that Social Media cause that's where Stephen is good for - he's very Social Media active, VERY CON activity, plus just everything about him

I also strongly think that everything should be combined into one board for Avengers OR atleast everything within MCU. DCEU is looking to get a board and I think everything should go into one

So with Marvel Avengers plus maybe all these Marvel related shows on Netflix, I know 4 out of 5 shows have boards and Jessica had one but it closed
Yer i didnt see the issue of fhe grant board until cece told me and i realised it was so true he isnt active outside of flash and he has had some issues on social media woth fans to . Stephan is a really social person so he is much more interesting than oliver

And i thunk in a few months they will do a merge

Last edited by Summer Falls; 09-06-2017 at 07:10 PM
Old 09-07-2017, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I'm actually thankful is not as busy as it used to be. Back when I was starting and posting on the Ian Somerhalder board, we were so active I practically didn't have time for any other board!
I know how you feel, Rita. I felt the same way, I could barely keep up when I first came to the Heroes board.

I don't think that is declining, just leveling off. Everyone knows what they like now, and those who come to come here for the environment and the company. It is friendlier here - except on The Flash board where the WestAllen harpies and succubi rule.

I'm just too much of a comic book fan to not have issues with comic book movies and TV when they screw things up, which is pretty much all the time. I think what Hollywood needs is a bit of insouciance. Stop worrying about appealing to the mainstream who aren't familiar with comics and just go for it. Let your geek flag fly! It worked for Deadpool.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 09-07-2017 at 08:00 AM