Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2018, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bannan just is not wanting to upset Trump-allowing himself to get sued, or, on Trump's bad list.

Being in short term recovery from surgery, well, I had nothing to do but PT and watching the news. Still, I am stuck with one side VS the other in MSM.

Anyway, Sunny, you're right-the author of Trump's book makes no secret that he has unqualified sources, and make stuff up.

canflam, I suspect Trump knows nothing about the laws, or the constitution, or government at all. Except how to use it to manipulate it, and to sue anyone who says bad things about him

Love reading all you guys have posted. I missed having access to the thread.

Kim
Old 01-06-2018, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Glad you're feeling better, Kim.

Me, I wouldn't be shocked if Trump thought the law was just there to serve him. He doesn't come off as someone who understands that we're all equal before the law at all. Mind you, he doesn't seem alone in that.

For instance: Republicans urge investigation into Trump dossier author Now, obviously, no one intelligence officer is above being questioned either. But it really just seems like they want this guy questions because they don't like the fact that he found links between Trump and Russia. Nevermind that they're the ones who wanted ways to block Trump from becoming the GOP candidate at the time.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:30 PM
I am a basketball genius!

This story is incredible:

People falling for fake story about Trump watching 'gorilla channel'

A tweet from the parody account @pixelatedboat with a fabricated excerpt that it claimed was from Michael Wolff's bombshell new book on the Trump administration, "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," went viral on Thursday night.

The excerpt says President Donald Trump often spends 17 hours a day watching a makeshift "gorilla channel" put together by his aides.

"On his first night in the White House, President Trump complained that the TV in his bedroom was broken, because it didn't have 'the gorilla channel,'" the excerpt began. "Trump seemed to be under the impression that a TV channel existed that screened nothing but gorilla-based content, 24 hours a day.

"To appease Trump, White House staff compiled a number of gorilla documentaries into a makeshift gorilla channel, broadcast into Trump's bedroom from a hastily-constructed transmission tower on the South Lawn. However, Trump was unhappy with the channel they had created, moaning that it was 'boring' because 'the gorillas aren't fighting.'"

It continued: "Staff edited out all the parts of the documentaries where gorillas weren't hitting each other, and at last the president was satisfied. 'On some days he'll watch the gorilla channel for 17 hours straight,' an insider told me. 'He kneels in front of the TV, with his face about four inches from the screen, and says encouraging things to the gorillas, like 'the way you hit that other gorilla was good.' I think he thinks the gorillas can hear him."

It was entirely fake. And people ate it up.

By Friday afternoon, more than 14,000 people had retweeted the excerpt. The account's previous claim to fame was creating the "milkshake duck" viral meme.

Meanwhile, Wolff's actual book contains several claims that appear outrageous on the surface. Though Wolff has forcefully stood by its content, reporters and — much more so — the White House have expressed skepticism.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't understand. What's incredible about the story?

I mean, I totally see how people bought it. How many people still think Hilary Clinton did something wrong? How many people believed (and continued to believe) that Iraq had WMDs? People are dumb.

Also, retweeting alone doesn't mean people bought it.

What do you think?
Old 01-07-2018, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah-gotta love the GOP starting probes into anyone who could even remotely look badly upon them, or their leader. I simply can't believe everything they're getting away with. There seems no end in sight.

Really do have to wonder about the GOP first using the Dossier to discredit Trump, then Clinton. Then is being switched around. All started with a UK source. Can't win for losing.

About the "gorilla channel" thing-the people I knew who were retweeting it were doing so out of the sheer absurdity of it.

You're right about what people still believe. Like, Hillary was a cannibal. And so on.

Kim
Old 01-07-2018, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

What I don't understand, though, is how some people seem to believe that the Trump administration isn't doing anything worse than previous administrations in terms of meddling with the legal process and allowing special interests to meddle with the country's administration.

I'm not saying they're inventing anything per se, but the levels to which they're stooping... the blatant way in which they're subverting justice... I mean, they're not even pretending to be in it for the public good here. You don't try to bully your way into getting your way when you're in it for the good reasons, right?
Old 01-08-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
I don't understand. What's incredible about the story?

I mean, I totally see how people bought it. How many people still think Hilary Clinton did something wrong? How many people believed (and continued to believe) that Iraq had WMDs? People are dumb.

Also, retweeting alone doesn't mean people bought it.

What do you think?
Well I think that it's incredible that if that this current president we have in the U.S. a story like that would most likely be true about compared to any other U.S. President in history. Plus Trump complains a lot & about ridiculous things at times I'd say. Also, just the thought of Trump getting upset because gorillas on TV or in a video he was was watching weren't fighting each other is funny to me.

Trump wants $18 billion for wall in 'Dreamer' deal

I don't expect Democrats to accept a deal that has anything to do with a wall as it's quite counterproductive if you're pro immigration.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ah, I get it. Yes, Trump is very incredible. I think what's more incredible, though, is that he still got elected and he still has his supporters. That's what should never have happened.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The level this administration is stooping to, is very scary to me. They're destroying so much so fast, and then on top of that, believing it's okay to break any law simply because the president has gotten away with doing that his entire life.

The GOP seems to have just about reinvented the wheel, at the rate they've sunk themselves to, and proudly grinning and patting themselves on the back for it.

Yeah, Trump swore up and down during the election that Mexico would pay for the wall, no matter how much Mexico said "no, we're not". It's looking like the wall is going to be what causes the government shutdown.

And, the latest amusing thing is that Trump didn't know the words to the Anthem at the game last night. I find that hysterical after the way he went after players for kneeling during the anthem. It was really pathetic to watch,

Kim
Old 01-09-2018, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, they have reason to be so self-satisfied. A population that thinks "fake news" is something the media does, as opposed to the Powers That be, is a population that lets those in power do whatever the heck they want.

Trump is actually doing a reverse-W. George W Bush never talked to the press, never released any information, lied and stuck to the same lie forever. Trump tweets more than a teenager, says one thing than its immediate contrary, lies and lies and lies, but basically the word vomit and his bluster give some people the impression that he's somehow "speaking his mind" or "telling it like it is." Neither of which is true.

And the thing is, he has term limits. As bas as he is, he won't be president forever. And when he's gone, and someone else who actually knows what they're doing comes in, if the press has been dismantled, we're all in for a world of trouble.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:09 PM

Tom Steyer pledges $30 million to help House Democrats -

Wish Tom Steyer well with this, though I don't think he'll get Trump impeached.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've never heard of him, but I'm not sure impeaching Trump would actually be helpful.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:07 PM

You don't live in the U.S. still right? He's been on ads promoting his ''impeach Trump'' campaign on TV her in the U.S. Tom Seyer is a billionaire hedge-fund manager, philanthropist, progressive activist, etc. He started the impeach Trump campaign in October.

Canada files WTO complaint against US over trade rules

ICE Raids 100 7-Eleven Stores—and the Trump Administration Says It’s Just Getting Started
Old 01-11-2018, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sunny, that is what really scares me. They're taking over news stations, and pushing them into people's local news....on and on. "Fake news" could lead to devastating results-especially when no new is really covering the risks of it, and people believing it.

You're right- they have every reason to be self-satisfied right now.

Thanks for the Tom Steyer article. I wish he's put his money to better use-like supporting Democratic candidates, and trying to stop the BS going on by the GOP.

It's nice to see Canada standing up to the US, and Trump's smarmy self-serving trade agreements. and pulling out of agreements.

Yeah, ICE would be better used searching the WH for Russian collaboraters, and getting them out of the country.

It sickens me-we've become a police state, taking people from their jobs and homes and families.

Kim
Old 01-11-2018, 05:55 PM

I think Steyer is going to supporting Democrat candidates. He's giving $30,000,000 in an attempt to flip the House. They need at least win 24 seats this November to do that. Of course that's without them losing any. It's going to be tough, but at least twice as many Republicans have announced that they won't run again for their House seats this year.

Lots of news going on today:

Trump attacks FISA hours after White House called for its passage

White House Won’t Deny Trump’s Slur About Haiti, African Nations

Trump Decision To Deport 200,000 El Salvadorian Refugees Will Tear Families Apart
Closed Thread   Post New Thread