40.-CherryPixie-
41.Butterfly88
42.GracesAngel
43. pookiepookie
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jamie* (View Post)
I agree, you kinda get used to not having someone special to share christmas and other holidays with, family kinda fills that gap. And when you start thinking about it too much and start to feel bad you just have to bury yourself in other things, like your job or your hobbies. The people I feel for around the holidays are the people that don't have a family or friends either.
Eh, we're not that keen on family. Sure we love each other, but we're not the type of people that looks forward to family holiday feasts. Whenever a relative announces that they're going to have a get-together, we all groan in dissatisfaction. LoL Ugh, all the talking, and eventual bickering and squabbles that take place. I'd rather just stay at home with my brother and parents each in our own rooms instead of spending time with family faking happiness over a holiday we (my parents, brother, and I) don't even celebrate anymore. The one thing that has kept us sane is that we have pets. Without them, who knows what would have become of us.

Sasha
Old 12-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the new thread Kris

Quote:
I haven't gotten my PhD in medicine but I guess there's always a chance
You don't need a PhD, you just need a carving knife a la Loretta Bobbit...anatomy classes might be fun though

" I coulda been a doctor, it was just the science part I had a problem with " - Hank Gordon, Doc Hollywood

Quote:
Aww...but if you really gotta go, then there's always MSN
You're trying to get rid of me aren't ya? It's all a giant conspiracy I tell ya Nah, wild horses couldn't drag me away. Even if they banned me I'd find a way back

Sasha Way to get into the christmas spirit Bah humbug hehe
Old 12-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Now I'm singing Wild horses couldnt drag me away...

Haha, we haven't celebrated Xmas (or anything else) since 1995, so it'd be a bit hard to get any holiday spirit now. Anyway, the last time I enjoyed Xmas was 1988, the rest were blah.
So , indeed!

...Sasha
Old 12-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You're trying to get rid of me aren't ya? It's all a giant conspiracy I tell ya Nah, wild horses couldn't drag me away. Even if they banned me I'd find a way back
Twist my words around huh? I don't want to get rid of you...but then again, I don't think I could get rid of you as much as you could rid of me

Quote:
You don't need a PhD, you just need a carving knife a la Loretta Bobbit...anatomy classes might be fun though
I never got a chance to dissect any animals
Old 12-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sasha What happened after '88?
Actually I was thinking of Just Like Jesse James by Cher

Well you've had your way with love but it's the end of the day
Now a team of wild horses couldn't drag your heart away

Kris
Quote:
...but then again, I don't think I could get rid of you as much as you could rid of me
Why would I want to? Why would you want to? You know I'm only kidding about that stuff
Old 12-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I grew up.

Sasha
Old 12-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Why would I want to? Why would you want to? You know I'm only kidding about that stuff
Which is why I don't think I'll be getting rid of you for a long, long time
Old 12-12-2006, 06:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Sasha
Like I said, what happened? At 8 years old maybe you don't believe in sanity clause any more, but the magic should still have been there. I don't get up at like 5 am and sneak downstairs to open my presents any more ( mostly cause half the presents I get I've bought online for other people to give to me so I already know what they are ) but I still get excited about the other half, and I love "helping" my neice and nephew play with their toys hehe
Even if you don't believe in Jesus, the way I look at it is you're helping to celebrate someone's birthday...there's just no jelly and ice cream dammit

Kris

Harder, harder, ooh I'm your love slave

Hope y'all are having nice dreams
Old 12-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was never as fun anymore once I knew Santa was a crock. My parents only celebrated Xmas for us kids, and once we grew up, we didn't really care for it, so it all stopped. I'll celebrate it again if I ever have children, but otherwise it just seems like such a fuss over nothing.

I was just about waking up when you posted.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Do you not give each other gifts either? I must admit some of the magic disappeared for me when I found out that santa was really my parents, but not all of it. My heart still leaps into my mouth whenever I see someone's face light up in surprise when they open a gift. Even if the rest of the year sucks ass, it's the one day everyone deserves to be happy, whether they're 8 or 88.

Have you started your xmas vacation from school yet?
Old 12-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Banned

Christmas is always better and usually more enjoyable when you're younger. It's like that because you are innocent and guilable. I found out that Santa was fake when I was about 4 or 5 but I still always try to pretend that he is real. When I was younger, I usually asked for toys like Transformers, GI Joes, Legos, etc... I remember one time I got a Teddy Rupskin for Christmas. That was pretty cool back then.

Christmas to me would be more enjoyable if I had some special to celebrate it with. It would be nice to have a woman and get her something really special for Christmas.
Jacob1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nope, nothing. If we ever want anything, we just buy it, no need to wait for some holiday, so any day can be Xmas for us in a sense. We don't like the idea that we have to be happy one day of the year just because. Seems so fake.

My last day is this Friday!

Yeah, having a significant other would make the holiday more enjoyable.

And then he could dress up like a naughty Santa for me, right Jacob?

Last edited by S.A.S.H.A.; 12-12-2006 at 01:08 PM
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

Jamie- A very "disturbing" image has now carved in to my mind.

Quote:
My parents only celebrated Xmas for us kids, and once we grew up, we didn't really care for it, so it all stopped. I'll celebrate it again if I ever have children, but otherwise it just seems like such a fuss over nothing.
There are no more kids in my house. It's all about the green paper and the white envelopes
Old 12-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Kris So glad I could help

Does that mean you only get money? No toys? And by that I don't mean dolls or skateboards.