Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2018, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mike, its not about feeling sorry for oneself. Its a chemical imbalance alot of the times in the brain. Also, having a positive outlook doesn't cure anything. I consider myself amazingly positive considering the life I've had that others have already committed suicide in the same experiences I've lived through. I can be positive some days and others seem hopeless. What you've advised doesn't really help. Its kind of more like platitudes that really don't help people with depression to cope well cause now we feel people don't even understand what its like.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:14 PM
Master Fan

Ok fair enough

Last edited by HipHopKingMike; 11-26-2018 at 02:44 PM
Old 11-26-2018, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

There's also the fact that it's been scientifically proven that, when you've had a lasting depressive "episode" in your childhood, your brain keeps the "echo" of that time.

So, for instance, I do mostly okay, but then it'll hit me out of nowhere for often no good reason.

Anyway, I appreciate that we've been able to have a difference of opinion where people explained themselves with respect. Kudos to the both of you. And thank you.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I do have depressive episodes out of the blue sometimes. Most times though they're brought on by something happening with something I consider my go to happy place.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 11-27-2018, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like it too, being able to have other thoughts, politely, and tactfully. Hopefully everyone learns something, or at least is able to see other views.

Sunny, that has to be hard to deal with. Do you get anxious sometimes, wondering when it will happen again, or, do you just kind of live your life with it?

It's always helpful to have a "happy place" to go to.

I need to find one of those places.

Kim
Old 11-27-2018, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, you know me, I'm a big fan of faking it till you make it, even if it means picking an artificial happy place. The brain has to be trained to be "happy." So, yeah, books and TV shows and the like don't provide "real" happiness or lasting happiness or whatever, but I do think they can help train someone to feel something other than depression.

Obviously, I'm not a doctor. My opinion should not be taken as a professional opinion.

I just don't believe in depriving someone going through a depressive episode of the reprieve arts can provide.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't think of it as training your brain for happiness. I like that.

How are you doing? I bet realllly looking forward to your trip, for a break from every day life.

Kim
Old 11-29-2018, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I did something like that once. I did something called the Happiness Course which is designed to train the brain to behave differently. It really helped me, my depressions have never been so bad since, and when I am suffering, I just do it again.

Last edited by Meliana; 11-29-2018 at 01:30 PM
Old 11-29-2018, 12:45 PM
Loyal Fan

The past few days I wake up angry. At 7am the alarm of my phone wakes me up, while I have the feeling it's 3am.
Also I just don't like my job, because I get alot of negative feedback about the rooms I clean (I work in a hotel as a cleaner) It makes me insecure and that triggers my depression. A few weeks ago I have told my manager and jobcoach that I'm not doing well and getting more depressed. They have said things that make me think they just don't care, another trigger for my depression.

I wish I could end it all
Old 11-29-2018, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ Honey, if you're looking to other people to make you feel good, you will keep on getting depressed. Because people are never going to deliver the kind of support you need at all times.

I have zero advice to give you. I'm just gonna say this. If you have any memories of any kind of joy, now's the time to bring them out. Because they are proof that things change.

So this sucky part of your life right now? If you hang in there, it won't last. Everything always changes. Everything changes except for one thing that will never change: You matter. There is no one out there playing your role. You are unique and important. And that's not a factor of how well or not well you do this, that or the other. You matter. Just for who you are.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That’s good to hear, Sunny
Old 11-30-2018, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What Sunny said is so true. It's a hard to learn, but you are wonderful whether people tell you, or not.

Being appreciated at work rarely happens, at least in my experience. They may care, but business will always come first.

I don't know what to tell you, either, other than ask for help there, when you need it.

Kim
Old 12-02-2018, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Asking for and finding help is important if you're ready for that. It's okay if you're not. Don't ever beat yourself up for being too tired to reach out for help. Take care of yourself. Hang in there. Your moment will come. And when you see an opportunity, seize it.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ what she said. You have to decide what is best for you.

Kim
Old 12-04-2018, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

And there is no wrong answer.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread