Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

British Thread #49 - Our values will long outlast theirs

Hey guys - saw it was time for a new thread. The title is a bit from one of Tony Blair's speeches on the London bombings, thought it was appropriate.

"I think we all know what they are trying to do, they are trying to use the slaughter of innocent people to cow us, to frighten us out of doing the things we want to do, of trying to stop us going about our business as normal as we are entitled to do and they should not and must not succeed. When they try to intimidate us, we will not be intimidated, when they seek to change our country, our way of life by these methods, we will not be changed. When they try to divide our people or weaken our resolve, we will not be divided and our resolve will hold firm.

We will show by our spirit and dignity and by a quiet and true strength that there is in the British people, that our values will long outlast theirs. The purpose of terrorism is just that, it is to terrorise people and we will not be terrorised."

Hope everyone is doing ok

Kat | icon |
Old 07-08-2005, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

I havent posted here in a while, I hope everyone is ok and that everyone you know in London is alright. I only found out half an hour ago my friend was ok and the worry was dreadful.

That extract from Tony Blair's speech is very fitting and I agree with it completely.

to all.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, Louise. I'm glad you're friend is ok

So sad the death toll has gone up to over 50

Kat | icon |
Old 07-08-2005, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh my god. I just got back from Spain last night and only found out about what had happened when my sister told me in the car on the way home. I still feel sick to the stomach. This is simply awful. My thoughts and prayers go out to alll who are affected May you be safe and well.

I completely echo what Tony Blair said. We will not be terrorised and we will not let thim win. All for one and one for all.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A horrible thing to come home to, Cat

I thought Blair's speech was really well judged, and the sentiment of it is something I applaud. It's great to see the country, and the whole world, pulling together through this.

Kat | icon |
Old 07-08-2005, 05:04 AM
Master Fan

I am so glad everyone is okay We will pull through this and I loved tony blair's sppech it was just perfect. I hope everyone and their friends and family are fine.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think that Mr Blair's speech is excellent It echoes how we all feel and i completely agree with everything he said.

Like Kat stated, it's great to see everyone pulling together over this. I am very proud of the way we as a country are handling the situation. Hang in there guys
Old 07-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

Kat Great title

I think the word terrorists gets used too easily in the press, granted they do cause terror but I think murderers would be more apt

I'm glad London got quickly 'back to normal' and to show those people that the British will not be beaten and we have true bolldog spirit

Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone
Old 07-09-2005, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

On to slightly less sombre matters or i may cry

1 - Maxwell was evicted from Big brother. Hallelujah!

2 - I have to go clothes shopping today I hate shopping. I'd rather be sitting in the pub
Old 07-09-2005, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

Maxwell and Saskia

Amen to sitting in the pub rather than going shopping Im not like most of my friends who love to go shopping.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Catrina~

2 - I have to go clothes shopping today I hate shopping. I'd rather be sitting in the pub

That's why online shopping is great you can get pissed whilst you shop Or is that just me?

Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone
Old 07-10-2005, 02:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby_Doo
That's why online shopping is great you can get pissed whilst you shop Or is that just me?

That's just you,very tanned and very drunk
M Guess what,it turns out that yesterday was Saturday(I'm really losing it,lol)So the GP is today,seems that Norm and I got pissed for nothing yesterday
Old 07-10-2005, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby_Doo

Cat, I was so glad Maxwell is out! I've not watched much Big Brother but I couldn't stand him. He was so annoying!

Kat | icon |
Old 07-10-2005, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well i got my clothes. I had to pay £32 for a decent pair of trousers though

O.C finale today at 2.30pm - woot!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh, The OC finale is so good. Enjoy! And download Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek" asap

Kat | icon |
Closed Thread   Post New Thread