Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2017, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So I revisited my doctor again and since I didn't do the 15 minutes of walking a day, she told me to do it again. I just feel like I don't know how this is supposed to ease anxiety. I feel like I'm getting nowhere, I really don't think just walking is going to resolve the social and general anxiety. Very frustrating. like I can do just about anything except make myself walk around outside daily. Anyone else do this and thinks it works enough to solve all the problems anxiety brings?
Old 08-05-2017, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

OK, remember how we said last time that you should try the walking thing, see if it works and then, if it doesn't work, go back to your doctor and say "well, I tried it and it didn't work, now what?" What happened to that?

Because you're obviously not gonna get more out of your doctor (or any doctor), if you don't get her/him over the walking thing.

Maybe the walking helps some, then you can tell them it doesn't work completely and see what else they have to offer.

Maybe it doesn't work at all, then you can see what else they have to offer.

I doubt any doctor thinks walking is the remedy to any and all anxiety issues on this planet, but I'm guessing they're trying to gauge how much it helps and go from there.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think punching is a better idea! Who wants to walk when you have so much energy you need to hurt someone?

Well, maybe when this smoky air clears up I'll try doing this dumb walking thing, it makes no sense to really do this... it's not going to cure anxious and worry thoughts in my head.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Walking helped a lot with my anxiety issues (not to mention anger and depression issues) back when I was a teenager.

But, if you don't think it's for you to the point of not even giving it a cursory try, then I repeat my suggestion that you join a boxing club or a gym or something.... I seem to remember you had a reason not to that either, but I can't remember if it was because someone in your family already had a punching bag... in which case, why aren't you using that?... or if there was another reason.

Because if you're planning on going back to yout doctor without having tried the walking thing, you probably should have something else lined up. It's obviously some sort of sticking for them. So, if the point is to oxygenate your blood and get that serotonin, dopamine and endorphin flowing, you could possibly get away with not trying the walking thing if you tried something else instead.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Was curious wouldn't it be easier to combine Anxiety|Depression cause as I'm going through this year - they generally are together and I just wrote a book over in Depression where thought the two were combined
Old 09-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly, if I look at myself alone, combining the threads would make a world of sense as well.

But not everyone experiences these challenges the same way and I want to be respectful of that, you know? Either way, there is no obligation to post on both threads or on just the one.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ok and agreed so I'll stick to depression
Old 09-09-2017, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

There you go.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I, for one, definitely knows I feel and suffer from anxiety more than any depression so it helps to have an separate thread for it cause anxiety is a big bear just on its own and depression doesn't tie in for me the same.

Most of my emotional discomfort is from experiences of anxiety in life situations and it's own symptoms.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

So we're all on the same page, then.

Besides, like I said, it doesn't have to be an either/or situation. Some people only have one, others have both. For people who have both, I can see how having two threads may feel a tad redundant. I get it.

But, at the same time, from my own experience anyway, sometimes the main problem is anxiety and sometimes it's depression, and other times it's a toss up. So long as everyone feels like they have a place to share, I'm good.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^I'm like that, anxiety is something I suffer from, from time to time, but I'm not necessarily depressed at the same time, and the same is true the other way around. I felt depressed the other day simply because the day was really dark, and I was indoors, not because I was anxious about anything.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, that's it. We have a safe space for everyone, whatever's going on with each of us.

I tend to be a very anxious person. Like, it doesn't take very much for me to be triggered in that way.

And I do have depression, but less these days than at other times in my life. And, when I do have a depressive episode, it's not so much that there is no anxiety. Just that the two aren't necessarily interconnected.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know we were talking about items that can help anxiety like the fidget cube and, in my case, rubber hairy squishy "caterpillars". But I discovered another cool fidget item for my hands which not only makes a good scrunch sound, but the fact it's hard plastic makes it feel like a good hand massage when I move around my hands and fiddle with it... it even feels so good, it kind of gives pleasurable chills at times with handling it, it's great for mindlessly using while watching tv. It feels really good, hand massage-y

Looks like this

Old 09-16-2017, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Looks cool.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

I take Lexapro for my anxiety, while it helps tons with its intended purpose, it causes me to feel numb at times and hinders my ability to show emotions. Also makes me extremly tired all the time and not feel like doing anything. Ughh.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread