Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

Anxiety Support #1 Because it's much more than 'being nervous' and you just can't 'chill'!

I figured we needed one of these, tell all your stories and show support to others suffering from this

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I've had nasty anxiety for years. In 2010, just before my wedding, I started throwing up regularly after coughing because I was so anxious to go places and do things. It got so bad, I used to throw up to go get the mail. After counseling didn't work and nothing was physically wrong with me, they put me on anxiety and depression meds which only made it worse. I still have anxiety but am proud to be a few months pill free as I got to the point I was addicted. I still have problems doing things but am starting to seriously get back into the flow of a regular life. It's a constant struggle.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:04 AM
Elite Fan

I throw up when I feel extremely nervous, or the 'gag' feeling
I'm taking meds again since late last year due to (real) health issues, my anxiety went up so I figured I needed them and I feel much better when I take them, I just take the less as possible so I don't develop dependance or addiction
And I do therapy monthly which helps a lot.
I've had anxiety since 4 years, I noticed it when I had tachychardia and bad chest pain but no medical reason to support it, I did all kind of tests to my heart and they all came back normal, took me months to accept that it was just my mind playing my body but after a lot of suffering and pain I admitted it and realized the problem was just in my head, fortunately I overcame the chest annoyances but unfortunately I have other worse symptoms.
I go back to before this happened, even to my first panic attack 4 years ago and I don't know what triggered it, I do know what triggers it now but not its origin I mean I was a bit nervous as a teenager but just a bit, nothing extreme..

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread - I suffer from anxiety too but nothing as serious as taking meds. Both my bf and I have anxiety at times. I used to be painfully shy and nothing got me more worked than unfamiliar situations. I'm a lot better now, being a teacher I have to be quite confident, and its helped me tackle those situations.

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 07-26-2015, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh excellent thread.

I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder when I was 19. It's been a struggle ever since.

Currently my anxiety is what prevents me from going outside and getting a job. Because I have to talk to people and ask questions and what not. I get this sense of paralysis type feeling and I hate it. And just when I tell myself and get ready to do something in that regard I freeze up.

I just job search online because it's so much easier but less effective.
Emma♥Neal
Old 07-26-2015, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for getting the thread started

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Beckett (View Post)
Oh excellent thread.

I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder when I was 19. It's been a struggle ever since.

Currently my anxiety is what prevents me from going outside and getting a job. Because I have to talk to people and ask questions and what not. I get this sense of paralysis type feeling and I hate it. And just when I tell myself and get ready to do something in that regard I freeze up.

That was me for a while. Once my anxiety got to the point i was virtually crippled by it, I lost some steady and high paying jobs I had. Knock on wood, I have it in control enough now and have a job. I hope the same for you!
Old 07-27-2015, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks. It's a pain in the ass when it cripples you like that isn't it?! I hate it.

And then it crippled me worse because after a lot of fails with jobs not coming through I was at a point where I was giving up.

I'm really gonna try though to get out there this week though. If I can make one step "into that real world" then it will be a sense of accomplishment I think, even if it's just one thing.

Because as people with anxiety know, it's the small things that can have a big effect even if its' no big deal for others who don't suffer with it.
Emma♥Neal
Old 07-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

it's gotta be the small steps because the big steps make anxieties worse! One step at a time and don't think ahead as that will cause more anxiety.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Beckett (View Post)
Oh excellent thread.

I came close to GAD last year but I managed to get it under control before my anxiety escalated even more.
When I woke up today I had some symptoms but I'm better now

Old 07-27-2015, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Greene (View Post)
I came close to GAD last year but I managed to get it under control before my anxiety escalated even more.
When I woke up today I had some symptoms but I'm better now
How did you manage it?
Old 07-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It can be very hard for those with anxiety to get jobs, applying, job interviews, even the first day can be really terrifying. All I can suggest is taking little steps Forcing myself to do things sometimes helped.

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 07-28-2015, 01:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenSirens (View Post)
How did you manage it?
Therapy, prescripted meds and distractions, anything that kept me away from thinking too much about it, it really works, also willpower, it's your mind and you have to be strong and think that you are in charge of your mind (because you really are, fear makes you think you are not) but as long as you are willing you can gwt better or overcome it, it's not easy but not impossible.
It was an awful time but I overcame it, I still have bad anxiety, but not GAD.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Embrace (View Post)
It can be very hard for those with anxiety to get jobs, applying, job interviews, even the first day can be really terrifying. All I can suggest is taking little steps Forcing myself to do things sometimes helped.
Same here. Forcing myself to do things has improved my anxiety on so many levels. I know it's so hard, and I need to get better at it, but I never regretted the times I forced myself to do things.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collins (View Post)
Same here. Forcing myself to do things has improved my anxiety on so many levels. I know it's so hard, and I need to get better at it, but I never regretted the times I forced myself to do things.
That's how I helped overcome mine.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread