Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nice to meet you Kay, I'm Cat. So good to know I'm not alone in my situation.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

me too! Sometimes I get really impatient, but I know it will be ok

Kay Theatre & Musicals I love Christi Team Blonsky
Old 06-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

"Relax, it will happen when it's supposed to."

This quote is so true, it's one I don't abide by enough.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Kay, nice to meet you, I'm Ju

Quote:
"Relax, it will happen when it's supposed to."
There are times when I really feel bad for not having anyone in my life, and when somebody comes and says this exact sentence I feel even worse, actually it totally pisses me off Fortunately, that's not the case tonight But it IS true, of course, hehehehehe

Oh I also hate when people say things like "Oh don't worry, my aunt/friend/neighbor got married when she was 40", I know they mean well but it never makes me feel any better
Old 06-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also love this one:

"It seems silly to have to spend all my energy trying to find someone that’s supposed to complete me. I am complete with myself."

This is SO right and true. I just wish I could imprint it on the brains of the rest of society who make me feel like a hairy freak for never having had a serious relationship, it's not ALL about that, and I hate feeling like if you don't have that then you're unnatural in some way.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lisa is the best, I LOVE that quote and it's totally true
Old 06-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I always remind myself of that quote when I feel down about my single status, because it's so perfect. I do wish for a relationship sometimes, but in the end I don't need that to be complete, as long as I have myself and my strength then I already AM complete.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

aww that's beautiful

Hey Ju!

Old 06-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love that so many of us are in the same boat, I felt like a weirdo for so long, I'm so happy to know that I'm not and that there are many others just like me.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think what makes us want a relationship is not a need to be completed, it's because we know it's a great thing, to love and be loved, it's not wrong to want that

You're definitely not alone Cat It's great to know there are people who know exactly what this is like
Old 06-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've concluded that part of the reason I'm so obsessed with fictional relationships is because I'm at least partly living vicariously through the characters. I see them having the kind of relationship that I want, sharing the kind of love that I wish to give to another and receive myself, and I crave that too.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

awww I'm so happy I stumbled onto this thread

I get obsessed with fictional couples too! I think it's a good thing though, because it shows me what I want, and reminds me of the kind of love I'm waiting for, which can make it easier.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I've concluded that part of the reason I'm so obsessed with fictional relationships is because I'm at least partly living vicariously through the characters. I see them having the kind of relationship that I want, sharing the kind of love that I wish to give to another and receive myself, and I crave that too.
Quote:
I get obsessed with fictional couples too! I think it's a good thing though, because it shows me what I want, and reminds me of the kind of love I'm waiting for, which can make it easier.
ITA with what you both said girls, I've come to that conclusion about myself a while ago too, hehehehehe
Old 06-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwawaythekey (View Post)
awww I'm so happy I stumbled onto this thread

I totally agree with you on that. I know that I won't get what I entirely want but definitely it'll make me happier in the long run.

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
Old 06-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

Cat - I know the feeling, you don't necessarily want that, but you feel like everyone else is moving in that direction. You're not a freak though hon!

Yep I too am obsessed with fictional couples, I go to romantic comedies whenever, I have art in my place with old-fashional couples..so yeah I'm a bit of a romantic with no romance!

My worse fear though is not looking at doors that have opened with guys..and to be willing to give them a chance or even possibly a second chance if it came about. As much as I want to believe that if you are meant to be with someone it'll work out..it's up to me ultimately to make the leap..<sigh>I don't know.