Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Unless you're a veteran like Leo or Clooney or Denzel, then it's always going to be hard to get roles.

M i r a n d a .
Old 08-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There are others as well. Brad Pitt, Will Smith, Tom Cruise Jack Nicholson(but I think he has retired now) to name some others

It is harder for women as they get older, they always want to hire the younger women even for roles too old for them. However, if you are well respected you can still get them. Meryl Streep seems to get the majority of roles for her age group though. However, others like Cate Blanchett, Angelina Jolie, Sandra Bullock (to name a few) can get roles easily or I should say much easier than other older actresses.

It is hard for young people of other races than white to really get roles. So Corbin really has to work hard to find them.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 08-13-2014, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I agree. It's obvious that Hollywood always tends to favour certain actors, and if you haven't snagged a permanent spot like the people you mentioned have, it just gets easier. Not even to start on the internalized racism going on in Hollywood.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah basically Hollywood is such a mess. It's a good thing for people who don't live there and only go there for work.

Also a clique forms sometimes and if you are friends with some big stars and mention it all the time, you get roles e.g. Jonah Hill

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 08-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

I don't even wanna discuss Jonas Hill. I'm still confused as to how he happened

M i r a n d a .
Old 08-13-2014, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

so true, I don't know either, one minute he did a dramatic role and another you hear he is good friends with DiCaprio. I am not sure how Bradley Cooper happened either

Old 08-14-2014, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It still confuses me to this day that Jonah Hill has two Oscar nominations... I'm not sure whether I want to understand that either.

But yeah, it all seems to depend on your profile and your connections, which is sad, because some seriously talented actors might never ever get the exposure they deserve because of it.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, there are some who are really talented but you don't hear about them, instead we her of people like Jonah Hill (the oscar noms are a joke) and Bradley Cooper )so is his too).

However, if Corbin can have some success I will be happy.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just need Corbin to find a good project.

I personally liked Silver Linings Playbook, though, and I can see why Bradley got a nom for that, but American Hustle is seriously overrated.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes it was, all 4 getting nominated was silly.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:39 PM
Elite Fan

Corbin will find that one good project one day

M i r a n d a .
Old 08-16-2014, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope it's someday soon.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too, it would help a lot.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bradley Cooper deserved his nomination for SLP and AH in my opinion

I hope corbin will find a good project soon.performing at hollywood was a great opportunity
Old 08-17-2014, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yes, you mean when he performed at the Hollywood Bowl in Hairspray? That was really awesome. I hope he gets more opportunities like that, although I'd like to see him do more films as well, obviously.