Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
I really didn't expect it to be as good as it was. I am in love with Edward and Bella and they are now on my top list of couples! GAH! They make me giddy just thinking about them. My only regret is that I wish I had waited until June or July to read these books because I am dying to read the next one!

I have faith that SM will put them together in the end, especially if she loves Jane Austen novels. They always end happily! Heres to hoping that Jane has rubbed off on SM!
Welcome to the thread!!! That's so cool that you just finished a few hours ago. What are your other thoughts?

The wait is TORTUOUS!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

Hi Megan. Welcome to the Twilight fandom! Glad to hear you love EB. And you're right. we are very passionate about them here. To say the least. I'll add you to the list now.

And yes, I wish I had waited too.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
I made that irked not a while ago because it was requested by some Zennies, but it was forgotten I guess
Uh, YEAH YOU FORGOT! We've been bitching about having that thing for months.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Nuh-uh! I used it at least three times in our threads and posted it giddyly right after I made it. Nobody pays attention

Welcome Megan
I sort of wish i had waited, too. But for me, if a book isn't out yet, it's not that bad. I read Twilight without having New Moon and the 24 hours before I got my hands on it... Hell.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
uh-uh! I used it at least three times in our threads and posted it giddyly right after I made it. Nobody pays attention
I paid attention! I remembered you making it after I said it.

Quote:
I read Twilight without having New Moon and the 24 hours before I got my hands on it... Hell.
Yeah, I thought you were going to go on a homicidal rampage for it.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Loyal Fan

I take you off the naughty list, then.

Ugh, I just checked some German Twilight board thingys. I knew I shouldn't have. The book titles irk me already and I saw some quotes. Seriously, whoever translated the books had a pretty bad crack habit, it was awful. I can never go back

Quote:
Yeah, I thought you were going to go on a homicidal rampage for it.
I almost did. I'm not easily obsessed, but when I am... Don't keep me from what I want, man.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ugh, I just checked some German Twilight board thingys. I knew I shouldn't have. The book titles irk me already and I saw some quotes. Seriously, whoever translated the books had a pretty bad crack habit, it was awful. I can never go back
Awww Just stick with us, babe. We're way cooler anyways.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Elite Fan

Well goodnight, girls. Obsess with you tomorrow!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Of course you are

I just have to move down to the States. When the **** really hits the fan I want to be ready and not bother with crossing borders and crap like that

Night Michelle
Well, so much for going to bed early today... It's almost midnight again. Well, I'm pale and tomorrow I'll have circles under my eyes-I'll feel special all day
Old 02-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well, I'm pale and tomorrow I'll have circles under my eyes-I'll feel special all day
You'll be totally hot.

Night guys! I'm gonna go too.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

My thoughts...hmm...this post may seem to be a bit of "stream of consciousness" style because I have a lot of thoughts buzzing around in my head and so it may come out like word vomit.

This is the first book to actually make me cry. This is saying something. I am an English major studying to be an English teacher so I read A LOT and books never make me cry. Yeah, I'll be sad or moved by something, but never have I been reduced to tears. Saturday night, I started New Moon sort of late and I ended up stopping at the point where Edward leaves and Bella thinks that he doesn't love her anymore and that she'll never see him again. OMG I was, like, bawling. It would probably have been quite pathetic and comical to an outsider looking in, but seriously I was crying. Like, tissues, red, stinging nose, swollen eyes, "the world will never be the same again" sob fest. The sides of my arms and my chest were like aching. After I calmed myself down and tried to convince myself "you still have the majority of the second book and the entire third book to go they will obviously be together again", I decided to get some sleep...yeah that didn't happen. I kept thinking about it and mulling it over in my brain about the various places the novel could go. I sat right back up turned on the light and started reading again until i finished which was at about 5 o'clock in the morning. Yeah...I should probably say that when I become obsessed with something I become OBSESSED.

I'm thinking that they have to be together, they have to get married, they have to do it, she has to become a vampire, I hate Jacob grrrr, I have a lady crush on Alice, I wish I was Bella, SM has created an unobtainable male character that I will never find in this world, and thus I am devistated because I want an Edward.

I loved how Bella sought out danger just to hear Edward's voice. I loved the first Biology class! There is a lot more I have to say, but I guess I should probably go to bed as it almost 2 AM where I am.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Elite Fan

Ugh. Why am I not in bed yet?

Quote:
Yeah...I should probably say that when I become obsessed with something I become OBSESSED.
Well then you're in VERY good company here.

Quote:
OMG I was, like, bawling. It would probably have been quite pathetic and comical to an outsider looking in, but seriously I was crying. Like, tissues, red, stinging nose, swollen eyes, "the world will never be the same again" sob fest.
Same here. I was a mess when Edward left, too, and I was almost as depressed as Bella through all of NM, missing him. Stephenie - the author - did an excellent job of expressing Bella's pain. It's like it was your own.

Quote:
I'm thinking that they have to be together, they have to get married, they have to do it, she has to become a vampire, I hate Jacob grrrr, I have a lady crush on Alice, I wish I was Bella, SM has created an unobtainable male character that I will never find in this world, and thus I am devistated because I want an Edward.
Yep to all. And they will be together. It's THEIR story, EB's, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Night, Megan.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

I totally did the i-need-some-sleep-but-i-can't-without-knowing-how-the-story-ends for like... three nights in a row.

ah, if there's ever a boy out there that's even half as good as edward... well, i think a war would break out amongst some if not all of the girls here

...it's probably a bit unhealthy to have such high hopes from the male species, but hey, it's nice to dream, right!?
Old 02-26-2008, 02:34 AM
Master Fan

Urgh! I haven't been in this thread in forever

I'm too tired to read all the postings though
Is your spirit alive...
Old 02-26-2008, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread