Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe (View Post)
Throughout New Moon I was CONVINCED that Edward was actually talking to Bella through some sort of connection and I was really disappointed when it was never mentioned. I keep thinking that some day Bella is going to turn to Edward and say "When you were gone I could hear you in my head" and him to say "Oh I was thinking those things when you heard them"

What do you think? Was there actually a connection? Was it maybe even a subconscious thing? Or was Bella just delusional?
I thought the exact same thing and was hugely disappointed to hear it wasn't so. Even when Bella did tell Edward about the "voices" he had no idea what she was talking about. So sad. It would have been on amazing storyline
iamsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe he was pretending because there's some secret that she doesn't know about hearing what a Vampire tells her.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcali76 (View Post)
I don't care! I still say they have one. There is some sort of a connection there...Gravity...Light...Electricity...something... There was a spark in Twilight, literally, the first time they touched and remember the movie in biology. The electric charge that she was feeling that was coming from somewhere inside his body. He was feeling it from her, too. Bella's mind may be blocked from him, like it should be, but there is a connection there that supercedes all the rules of this universe and of time and *sigh*. Better than even soul mates share. It's just all sorts of awesome.
Oh absolutely! There can't possibly NOT be a connection of some sort between them. Maybe if/when (I'm hoping WHEN) he turns her, it'll be even more powerful and amazing.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe when a Vampire finds his 'Singer' there is this special subconscious connection between them.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

Even if these hallucinations weren't any kind of subconscious connection I wonder if there won't be something like that when she is changed. Maybe her subconscious already knows that they have a connection and therefore the hallucinations seemed very real but Edward's subconscious hasn't realized it yet and therefore he didn't know. Maybe they'll find out when she is changed.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Good points!!! I totally think something like that will happen and it'll only grow stronger, the longer that they are together. I think it has a lot to do with the singer aspect too.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm wondering if there are cases of a Vampire changing a Singer into a Vampire before! That would make for an interesting topic... Maybe we'll find out in Breaking Dawn.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Extreme Fan

I wondered that also or if in most cases the Vamp can't keep himself from just drinking their Singer and it being a rare occurence for them to fall for one another.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Supreme Fan

i think its very rare that a vampire even falls for a human. leave alone the singer. i mean all the other vampire hunt humans. they are their food.

i do think bella and edward have a connection but not the way NM could have intended. i think the fact that they are anxious about each other has something to do with it. they long for the other one when they are alone. they cant seem to rest then. they need each other like oxygen. and i think that connection says a lot. its made by love. its more need and devotion. maybe they wouldnt know the exact moment the other one was dead, maybe they wouldnt feel it but once they knew it would make life unbearable to live. the longing for the other one to follow even into death would be too strong. they would follow. even if they didnt want to die, their heart and soul would tell them to. this connection is too strong to ignore.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
they are their food.
You sound just like Stephenie Meyer.

I like your theory about their connection. Another fact for that theory is that in Twilight they already felt like the other one had taken half of each other with him/her.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
You sound just like Stephenie Meyer.
but its true i wouldnt fall for my tomato on the plate you know. its not something that happens often.

i'll take it as a compliment though
Old 01-19-2019, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Very interesting discussions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_earthquake (View Post)
i do think bella and edward have a connection but not the way NM could have intended. i think the fact that they are anxious about each other has something to do with it. they long for the other one when they are alone. they cant seem to rest then. they need each other like oxygen. and i think that connection says a lot. its made by love. its more need and devotion. maybe they wouldnt know the exact moment the other one was dead, maybe they wouldnt feel it but once they knew it would make life unbearable to live. the longing for the other one to follow even into death would be too strong. they would follow. even if they didnt want to die, their heart and soul would tell them to. this connection is too strong to ignore.
Beautifully worded

It reminds me of Star Wars in Revenge of the Sith, Anakin and Padme could sense each other's sadness across time and space.

Same goes for Han and Leia in The Force Awakens - except the bond is even stronger in this case, because Leia could FEEL his death, and her son's suffering all at once.

I just googled "How Do You Know, If You've Found Your Soulmate?" and here were some responses:
  • You just know it.
  • You have crossed paths before.
  • Your souls meet at the right time.
  • Your quiet space is a peaceful place.
  • You can hear the other person's silent thoughts.
  • You feel each other's pain.
  • You know each other's flaws and the benefits in them.

I think points 3, 4 and 5 are undoubtedly the most relevant in describing the irrevocable connection between Edward and Bella

They were destined to meet. Edward senses Bella is different to all other people, based solely on the fact that he cannot sense her thoughts. This relates to point number 4 - Bella's thoughts are hers alone, she is immune to vampire intrusion on them and it enforces Edward's curiosity about her. He knows she is special and he is determined to find out more about her - even willing to struggle to pain of blood lust in order to get close to her.

In NM, despite Edward technically abandoning her (for reasons she will only later come to understand), Bella instinctively knows that he is worth saving because he would unconditionally do the same for her in a reverse situation. Moreover, despite Jacob's desperate attempts to stop this from happening, Bella continues to love Edward.

Therefore, I don't think --mental connection-- is simply about reading each other's thoughts. (If that was the case, then Edward would have been back in Forks without a second's thought when Bella was cliff-diving and motorcycling.) It's about silently reading a person without forcing yourself to do so. It's that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when something is happening to the other person. You just know - and that, to me, is what love should be. Unconditional support.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for bumping this up
Old 01-20-2019, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Agree...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
x♥xBeautiful_Butterflyx♥x is offline   Reply With Quote