Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2011, 04:19 AM
Master Fan

Breaking Dawn Protocol - Please Read & Respond

Hi everyone

The big day is upon us (or almost upon us considering where you live)! The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 is about to hit theaters, so it's time for us to go over a few rules.

First, out of consideration for people who are not able to see Breaking Dawn as soon as it is released, please use the spoiler tag when discussing the movie in all threads, except for the Breaking Dawn Spoiler and Speculation thread. The spoiler tag is [sp*] [/*sp] but take out the asterisks (*). Spoiler tags should be used for the first two weeks of the release of the film, so from 11/18/11 - 12/02/11.

Second, it is inevitable that people will have differing opinions about the movie (acting, clothing, hair, song placements, etc.), but please be respectful of other posters and refrain from bashing.

Bashing- We expect that by now you know that their is no bashing condoned whatsoever. We have set up a strike system on the board and here is a breakdown:

-1st Thread Strike: Warning in thread and specific posters warned through PM.
-2nd Thread Strike: Second warning posted in thread and specific posters warned through PM.
-3rd Thread Strike: Offending posters & the thread will be reported to the Moderator Management Team.
The Management Team will then decide if the thread will be closed for a period of 24 hours.
-Any future Strikes will result in thread closure for a minimum period of 24 hrs.

Sometimes there is confusion on what IS and what ISN'T bashing. Bashing is broken up into several different categories. Here are some examples to help you guys, straight from the bashing policy:

What Bashing Is:

Quote:
Bashing is deliberately posting something that might offend a poster. Bashing is not allowed because we want to have a place where everyone feels comfortable. That is not to say that posters do not have the right to say what is on their mind about the shows/movies/music they like, but there is place for everything. Expressing your dislike of a character or couple is okay, but expressing your dislike of a poster is not. And when expressing your dislike of a character or couple, it has to be done in the right place and the right way.

When speaking with regards/to a specific poster(s) at the forum:

Quote:
* If your words are being censored, you are bashing. "The post you just made is ****", is bashing. "I disagree with your post because last episode..." is not bashing.
* "Those Couple X shippers are all blind and ingnorant" is bashing. Its not censored, but you are talking about a poster specifically.
* Think about what you are saying. If you'd get defensive if someone said it to you, it shouldn't be posted and can be considered bashing. Remember when we were kids "do onto others what you'd like done to you?" Works the other way too.

When speaking with regards to made up characters:

Quote:
* Going into the thread of a character or group that you do not support and posting negative things about posters is bashing. "You guys are all stupid for liking couple X", is bashing. If you do not like the person/people, try to stay out of the thread. It's likely what you say in there will not be helpful to the thread.
* There are very few times it would be appropriate to make reference to another couple in your thread title. If you happen to think its that time, PM a moderator before you start it would be a good idea.

Bashing in general:

Quote:
* If you retaliate against someone because they've bashed you first, you are still bashing. Not only that, it is fueling the fire. Take it to the moderators please. "He/She started it" only works in a 5 year old court. Definitely do not take it to another thread or another board to complain, that won't help either. Just remember that everything you post here on the boards is visible to everyone.
* Borderline bashing. For example: "5N6 DNA = " or Couple X = " is borderline bashing because it is deliberately attacking a certain group. You may not be saying anything censored, but you are intentionally offending someone. This is not to say you can not express your dislike of 5N6 DNA, there are just better ways to do it. "I disagree with what you just said because..." is a better way of getting across your point.
* If you see someone bashing or you think they are bashing, ignore the poster and PM the moderator. This is the best and fastest way to get the situation handled.
* If a moderator has edited your post and you do not feel you were bashing, PM a moderator. Do not take it to the thread cause chances are, that will turn into bashing of the moderator.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post and we all hope you enjoy the film and can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

Twilight Moderating Team
Kim, Emma, and Silvia
Old 11-18-2011, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Kim

Guess this means I have to avoid the spoiler thread from here till Sunday.
Emma♥Neal
Old 11-18-2011, 04:24 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, Kim.

Okay. That means that we don't need to use spoiler tags in BD thread.

Peeta & Katniss
icon
Old 11-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh my old post understood!
Old 11-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Read and understood...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 11-22-2011, 06:22 AM
Master Fan

Read and understood
"twas not my lips you kissed but my soul"
Old 11-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Kim for getting all the information together
Old 11-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevereღ (View Post)
Thanks Kim for getting all the information together
You're welcome But the credit should go to Sheila...we've been using the same format/info since New Moon came out
Old 11-28-2011, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

read and understood
Old 12-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

Now that Breaking Dawn Part 1 has been in theaters for two weeks, posters can discuss the movie without using spoiler tags
Old 12-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Emma.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Master Fan