Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2009, 03:16 AM
Master Fan

Board Concerns: Please Read

Hey everyone.

It has come to our attention that some posters have expressed concern about our moderating practices: that we act in a biased fashion and single out certain threads over others. We would like to clear up any confusion and/or accusations. We find it really upsetting that we have to defend ourselves on our own board. We absolutely love and adore the Twilight board and it's posters. Everything we do is to better this board, and for people to come out and say we aren't doing what's right is disappointing.

We would just like to let everyone know that we have never, ever had the intention of going after certain threads in a biased manner; that is not how we moderate. We respect every poster, ship, character, family grouping, etc. If we have come off as hard on certain threads, we apologize greatly. It was never our intention to make any thread feel isolated from the rest of the board and we are sorry if we have ever made posters feel as though they could not express themselves on the board.

Additionally, it has been said that we only warn some threads for bashing, and we feel this is untrue. We try to keep an eye on all threads, and if some type of bashing is brought up, we try to address it as quickly as possible to avoid tension. Twilight has some of the most dedicated fans out there, and because of this, tension will be higher with the release of New Moon just around the corner.

That being said, please feel free to contact Sheila and I by PM if you have any further comments or questions.

Thank you all so much for hearing us out. We look forward to addressing your responses.

Kate and Sheils

Last edited by never think; 08-18-2009 at 01:32 PM
Old 08-18-2009, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't seen any biased modding whilst spending time on the board and I believe that both Mods of this board are very fair and great at what they do.

I love this board.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

I haven't seen you being biased. I feel like you warn all boards if they bash, and not only some. Maybe the posters who say you are biased don't see your warnings on certain threads And some might concider it bashing when it's only a discussion- people can have different opinions about that.
Like sort of beautiful said, I think both of you are fair and I love this board too
Old 08-18-2009, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

My feeltings pretty much repeat what the previous two posters have said. Kate and Sheils, I truly believe the two of you are very fair mods. For as demanding as this board can be, I think you two do an amazing job.

Quote:
Maybe the posters who say you are biased don't see your warnings on certain threads
I think this is a really important part! We don't always see what's going on behind the scenes. Warnings/consequences could be issued towards others as well that we are unaware of. Like any board on if a poster feels like they are being targeted or that the mods are being biased, I would hope they would express their feelings to the mods of the board.

Love this board and I am so excited to share the next 3 movies with everyone here!
RK EB LP BR KP
Old 08-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't seen any biased modding at all. This is probably one of the hardest boards at FF to moderate and I think you girls do a great job, keep up the good work.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I only post on a few boards here and lurk on others. And while I have only been here for a little over two months (I think that's pretty accurate) I haven't seen anything to merit you all being biased.

Sure this board is huge and some things might fall through the cracks but overall I'm impressed at the modding here.
Emma♥Neal
Old 08-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

Oh man, where to I begin and how do I say it without sounding like a total bitch?

Quote:
We try to keep an eye on all threads, and if some type of bashing is brought up, we try to address it as quickly as possible to avoid tension.
I don't think the issues are so much that one thread is being reminded more than the other, but that overall the board is being run to "tightly" or too strict and warnings are handed out when they aren't necessary, which adds frustration and bad feelings. Some comments I've seen posted and have been reprimanded were small comments and wouldn't have been commented on, had they not been focused on via a reprimand.

For some boards, yes, shipper wars are ugly and heated little things and because of them, some boards really need to be monitored more than others. I don't see this being the case for this board. I think the constriction is what's making the "shipper war" more than it is.

It's pretty clear that by my signature and icon that I favor Jacob/Bella and therefore post on there more. I have no problem whatsoever with people who are EB ships, in fact, my very best friend is an EB fan. Some of the things I've seen on the JB thread though, I feel are totally unnecessary. I'm not saying this to be mean but you guys, Shiels and Kate, asked for posters to post their opinions and feelings and I decided to do just that.

I was once scolded for an accidental double post (due to over multitasking on my end and not copy/pasting right) and was actually asked to be careful for that. As a mod, I KNOW that double posting isn't allowed. I felt it wasn't needed, especially when I've seen one of the mods post more than a few times a double post and not correct the double post my deleting it when, as a mod, you have the powers to delete double posts and just choose not to.

We/I have also been warned about comments that are bashing the other team or whatnot; with all due respect, the only way those comments would "upset" anyone would be if people are lurking (in which they have no room to then turn around and complain) or mods who can't keep their fan/ship side and their mod side apart.

I know for a FACT, being as I post on the JB thread just about everyday that we do not bash EB/E etc. We DO bring their relationship and moments in to compare and contrast, but according to the rules, there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, it gives for better, more constructive posts rather than smilie, OT, fangirl filled posts all of the time.

There's more, but I just got home from work, it's ridiculously hot here where I live and I think I've said a good amount to start off with. I'll have to gather my thoughts and see what I've missed. I think this thread is meant for good, but I don't think anything really will come of it. I think some people who DO have concerns won't post because then everyone will know (you guys included) who feels/said what and some people don't like that. I'm hoping that my honest post I've made will encourage others to speak honest opinions.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

well I think you guys do an amazing job overhere
I don't think you guys single out any treads
keep up the good work guys
Old 08-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Supreme Fan

I've been here in this board for almost 5 months. I've haven't seen someone bashing me for my shipping yet. Sheila and Kate, you girls are best mods I'll know who would take care of things if they go right or wrong. I hope once New Moon people in here would be nice to each other. You girls are pretty fair in terms. I never seen you girls single out a thread before. Good Luck and Keep doing the good work.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really appreciate you guys opening this thread, but honestly, I dont think any good is going to come out of this. Most of the people who'll post here either havent ever noticed anything happening, or just have never been on the recieving end of any kind of unfair treatment.

I will take this to PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure.Magic (View Post)
I really appreciate you guys opening this thread, but honestly, I dont think any good is going to come out of this. Most of the people who'll post here either havent ever noticed anything happening, or just have never been on the recieving end of any kind of unfair treatment.
I completely agree V
Old 08-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok I've been trying to keep away from this mess since I'm not the moderator of this board anymore, but I've been for a very long time, since the board was first set up.

I know how it is with a board this hectic, I know how hard it is to keep everything run smoothly. I had my share of problem with BOTH EB and JB shippers, neither are saints.

You say the board doesn't need the to be held this strictly, but believe me if not for some comments made by the moderators of this board former or actual ones, there would be a HELL of a war between shippers and trust me I know what I'm talking about. Some of you weren't here when the board was first set up and don't know how it was, the board is being modded in a way learned from the previous experience. I remember a time where every post about Jake on some threads ended with a "dog" comment, it's thanks to the moderators those people do not cause any more problems here anymore.

Quote:
There's more, but I just got home from work, it's ridiculously hot here where I live and I think I've said a good amount to start off with.
This thread is NOT to start off, this thread is to end what's been happening, I understand people's complaining, and I get you feel it's not fair, BUT I also know what those girls go through every single day modding this board, it's easy to point a finger on mistakes when you think you do non. We're all humans, WE ALL make mistakes, both Sheila and Kate had enough respect for you and also courage to admit they sometimes make them, have enough of class and respect for them to just accept it and move on and not start off.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

I think the mods do their work as better as they can and they should be respected for what they do for us and our board!
Thank you for your hard work on keeping this board the more peacefull as possible
Old 08-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by let me sign (View Post)
This thread is NOT to start off, this thread is to end what's been happening, I understand people's complaining, and I get you feel it's not fair, BUT I also know what those girls go through every single day modding this board, it's easy to point a finger on mistakes when you think you do non. We're all humans, WE ALL make mistakes, both Sheila and Kate had enough respect for you and also courage to admit they sometimes make them, have enough of class and respect for them to just accept it and move on and not start off.
I'm sorry, but when I'm asked to Respond to something, and I feel I have something to respond about, I am gong to respond to it. I said "start off" because also like I mentioned, I hadn't had a chance to collect my thoughts and go from there.

That's great that you were a mod in the past, and I get that boards can be hectic but there's no need to put words in my mouth. I never claimed to "do no wrong", those are your words, not mine. Also... I got the memo that we're all humans and we all make mistakes, thanks anyways. Lastly, you don't know me enough to know how much "class" I have so please don't come on here and take jabs on someone you don't even know. I have just as much right to speak my mind on here as everyone else does, and if I feel I have left something out, I will most certainly come back to add something, same as you have the right.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

okay this thread has crossed the line. the point of this thread was for everyone to understand that kate and i are sorry if we ever made people feel isolated or felt like we were "biased." we were trying to end this problem and move on, especially for the sake of the board. if you guys can't let this go then i am truly sorry, because kate and i have. we understand we have hurt some of you, and once again we are TRULY sorry, but please can we all just move on for the board?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread