Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, wasn't there also a bit in Eclipse (after their first meeting in the book I believe) where they went walking on the beach and held hands? We got that Bells knew everyone would think of them as a couple, but she didn't seem to really care too much, deep down I'm sure she really liked it.

I could imagine them doing that a lot if they were actually together, you know? Like just strolling along the shore holding hands, her all snuggled in to him, and just talking about whatever came to mind.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, thats how I see them, getting all cosy and being oblivious to the world outside. They were like that, they both had a world of their own and they got lost in it together.

It was so easy for them to hug, and hold each other, walk and talk for hours. Like Bella says many times in the books that time flew by too quickly when she was with him.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
They were like that, they both had a world of their own and they got lost in it together.
Totally. In the chapter of Eclipse where Jacob confronted E/B on their way to class, there was a moment where Jake was described as lening in really close to speak to Bella and that it was like the world around them momentarily vanished.

And random, but I was in hysterics at Bella's classmates taking bets on who'd kick who's ass in an Edward/Jacob fight.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. Bella was a little rude to Jake in that scene but you can feel the electricity in the air, when JB are together. And you cant really trust her when she's around Edward.

That part is so funny. I can imagine how intimidating Jake can be, with his size and all. I would bet on Jake anyday.

Tall guys are hot, but what surprised me how Jake was so gentle with Bella, he was such a softie inside. He was big and all, but he was always so tender with Bella.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Supreme Fan

If you read BD, you'd lose all respect for Bella you might still have...
Though Leah makes up for that, so srly READ BD Book 2!!!!!

Jake =
icon by ℓυριтα
Old 02-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And you cant really trust her when she's around Edward.
In what way do you mean?

I'm thinking of doing a re-read sometimes soon actually, starting with New Moon obviously, the real start of the JB amazingness.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfuzgirlstalkermagnet (View Post)
If you read BD, you'd lose all respect for Bella you might still have...
Though Leah makes up for that, so srly READ BD Book 2!!!!!

Jake =
Thats the ONLY reason why i want to read BD. But he's in pain. I cant take that.

Quote:
In what way do you mean?
I mean, she behaves rather strangely around him, she's spineless, pathetic, and just a shadow of who she actually is. And thats why it wasnt surprising that she treated Jake poorly when Ed was around.

I want to re-read too. Once im done with the first bout of fangirling, then i'll re-read and revive my JB love.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I mean, she behaves rather strangely around him, she's spineless, pathetic, and just a shadow of who she actually is. And thats why it wasnt surprising that she treated Jake poorly when Ed was around.
I understand now. Sorry, I'm having a stressful day, brain is a little not with the program.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, But Leah tells Bella off!!!! Do it for Leah!
icon by ℓυριтα
Old 02-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw I get it, RL sucks.

You know, I think Bella hid her attraction for Jake behind her annoyance. And she kept telling herself that she didnt want to hurt Jake by refusing him the kind of closeness 'just friends' dont usually have, but the fact was that she liked it herself, too much to want to give it up. She was upset with herself for wanting all that. Unconsciously she fought against moving on, she held on to the memories too much.

It wasnt that she couldnt fall in love again, cuz she did, She just didnt want it. She was just too stubborn.

Pita, I will read it eventually, just for Jake though. And im going to borrow it, not going to buy it, cuz otherwise, I'd end up burning it.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Random, but I'm listening to the Mamma Mia movie soundtrack, and if you change "she" to "he" The Winner Takes It All could totally be Jake's POV at the end of Eclipse.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Supreme Fan

Just like a Pill by P!nk is also a Jake song....
icon by ℓυριтα
Old 02-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

SOS and Take A Chance On Me also work in parts as well.

I'm relating every song I hear to JB now, oh my.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, now im getting depressed again. I hate to think of him as a loser.

But he handled rejection in such a mature way in the last chapter. He couldve made Bella feel miserable for doing this to him, cuz his pain twisted in her like a knife, but he forgave her, and said that he knew it was a long shot anyway. So much heart for someone so young. Ah, funny how Edward is supposed to be perfect, yet Jake with all his flaws was more perfect, as much as reality allowed.

Cat, I was listening to a few SP songs today, and I could only relate them to JB. We've gone mad.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Supreme Fan

Exactly, Veronica! His flaws made him perfect.
icon by ℓυριтα
Closed Thread   Post New Thread