Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Episode 1x13 "Should i stay, or should i go?" Re-Discussion[Aired:September 23, 2005]

Episode 1x13 "Should i stay or should i go?"
Episode Re-Discussion

Quote:
What a long strange trip it's been for Jude Harrison, Instant Star. And it's about to get even stranger as she prepares for her summer tour. What's a girl to do when faced with a shocking offer from ex-boyfriend Shay, the surprising news that her producer is dating her sister, and a romantic ultimatum from Jamie? Does being a rock n' roll superstar really have to mean always going it alone?
Alexz Johnson's featured song: "Temporary Insanity."

Quotes:

Jude: (voiceover) The last six months have been the strangest, and best in my life – I got a chance to live a dream. I fell in love – twice, then got my heart broken – twice. And then I learned that parents aren’t perfect, that sisters can be your enemy and your friend, and that some friends can be your whole world. With people this great in your life you hold on tight and pray they’ll never leave you. But sometimes, you’re the one that has to leave them.

Jude: (voiceover) The last six months have been the strangest, and best in my life – I got a chance to live a dream. I fell in love – twice, then got my heart broken – twice. And then I learned that parents aren’t perfect, that sisters can be your enemy and your friend, and that some friends can be your whole world. With people this great in your life you hold on tight and pray they’ll never leave you. But sometimes, you’re the one that has to leave them.

They say life is a journey and if it is, the real question isn’t ‘where are you going’, it’s ‘who’s coming with you’.

Jamie: Jude, here's the thing. Look, I'm not the boy next door anymore. I'm a man. I'm the man next door. That sounded better in my head

Jude: Ew, ew, ew.
Jamie: That was a wee bit embarrassing.
Jude: I can't believe this. My parents are actually hooking up again. My night could not get any crazier.
Shay pulls up
Jamie: I think you stand corrected.

Kwest: Nothing can ever be simple with you, huh?
Tommy: It was supposed to be simple. You know, I actually like Sadie. You know, she's a cool girl. Then she had to go and use the "B" word.
Kwest: Unless that "B" stands for Barry Manilow, I don't get the problem. Come on, the girl's nice. She looks like Barbie. She's stupid enough to dig you.

Jude: These last few weeks, I let myself fall for you again... And I thought you were falling back. Do you care about her? More than me?
Tommy: Jude, you can't ask me that.
Jude: I'm asking.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

This was a great episode! <3.

Thanks for still doing these, Ill top the thread.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm iffy about this episode. i loved temporary insanity and the interaction with everyone, but i don't know about the dad/mom back together for a night. seems like the stuart/victoria scheme could have been better written.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I never liked victoria either.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

she was just too much, and i was happy once she was out of the show
Old 02-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, she really wasn't a very good Mother.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

she never truly supported Jude and her music. where as whatever sadie wanted, she supported. That's why i liked Stuart more in the parental department of the show. because he supported her music, and helped her through some troubles, like with the "loft".
Old 02-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, she said something in earlier episodes that made it obvious that her music isn't the only thing she could do as a career. That other things were also important.

She just never understood like Stuart did, i think thats why Jude and her dad were more closer. They had that bond over music, they both know how much important it is.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I liked her dad. Her mom annoyed me. No wonder stu cheated! lol.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, lol Exactly.

Why do you think that Tommy went to Sadie, in the end? I think Tommy is trying to put his feelings for Jude out of his mind.. and thinks Sadie would be the safe option and since he thinks Shay is back in her life... he feels.. out of it.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

personally, i think tommy was thinking "she is only 16. even if her sister isn't her, its close to jude, but not jailbait" or something along the lines. because we ALL know that kiss had something
Old 02-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, maybe.

I didn't understand how Sadie could be all upset about the Kiss between Jude and Tommy. For one, she knew how they were dancing around with each other, and two.. it was before they got together.. so it was none of her business. Not to mention.. they were together.. but not 'together' like, they hadn't classified what they were.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree. I think at that point Tommy had given up because she was with Shay and he was her manager and he was too oldfor her. All these reasons held him back. And being with Sadie was not only the safe option but hse was the "next best thing" because hse was the closest thing to Jude.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Indeed. He convinced himself that it would be enough.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

LOVED The end of this Episode.
Aww. Jude missed Jamie already.
There Kiss was so Romantic.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon