Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2022, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I like them but don't have pierced ears.
Old 04-27-2022, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Old 05-08-2022, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Old 05-09-2022, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

that cake is perfectly amazing
GardenSirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
‘Dirty Dancing’ Sequel Will Star Jennifer Grey, Jonathan Levine to Direct.
May 9, 2022

Gray will reprise her job of Toddler in the 1990s-set sequel, which will integrate the late Patrick Swayze’s character.

It is been 35 yrs because any person place Child (Jennifer Gray) in the corner, and audiences no doubt have “Hungry Eyes” for a sequel.
Forward of this year’s Cannes sector, “Long Shot” and “50/50” director Jonathan Levine confirmed he will be directing the “Dirty Dancing” sequel for Lionsgate.

Authentic lead star Gray will reprise her job of Frances “Baby” Houseman as she returns to family camp Kellerman’s in the 1990s, as Deadline reported. Equivalent to the 1987 iconic movie, the future “Dirty Dancing” installment will focus on a coming-of-age romance, but Baby’s personal story will intertwine for a multi-layered (and multi-generational) narrative.

Director Levine co-wrote the sequel, which is also titled “Dirty Dancing,” with Elizabeth Chomko. Casting is reportedly underway with manufacturing slated for later this yr the film is eying a 2024 launch date. Grey may well also be joined by fellow primary forged members, as Levine explained to Deadline that they are “exploring” a complete-fledged reunion.

"The most crucial matter for us was obtaining Jennifer on board. She is an priceless collaborator,” Levine said, sharing that Grey will also government produce. “We’re heading to try out to involve as quite a few people today from the initial as is appropriate. We want to be respectful in each way.”

The late Patrick Swayze’s character Johnny will also be included into the plot, as Levine mentioned production is in talks with Swayze’s estate. “Johnny is a element of Baby’s journey in the story,” Levine said. “This movie exists in a dialogue with the original. We want to introduce this tale to a entire new generation. That reported, Johnny’s absence looms substantial above the tale, so it is a coming-of-age tale but also a coming-of-age for Baby’s character in a way.”

“Dirty Dancing” is anticipated to contain songs from the initial film, as effectively as ’90s hip-hop and pop. Levine, who also serves as producer, teased that Alanis Morisette and Liz Phair tunes will be highlighted.

“I simply cannot hold out to collaborate with Jennifer to bring this gorgeous story of summer months and romance and dancing to a generation of new lovers,” Levine summed up. “And to the longtime types, I promise we will not ruin your childhood. We will tackle the assignment with sophistication, ambition, and, previously mentioned all, really like.”

“Dirty Dancing” previously was remade into an ABC Loved ones (now Freeform) authentic musical motion picture in 2017. Spin-off prequel “Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights” was unveiled in 2004, and starred Diego Luna, Romola Garai, Sela Ward, January Jones, and John Slattery, plus a cameo by Swayze.
source

Quote:
Dirty Dancing Sequel With Jennifer Grey Set for 2024 Release.
May 9, 2022 12:55 pm.
Jennifer Grey is returning to the world of Dirty Dancing.

Deadline reported Monday that a new movie will be directed by Jonathan Levine.

It serves as a sequel to the 1987 original, which starred Grey and the late Patrick Swayze.

The original made almost $215 million from a $4.5 million budget, making it one of the most profitable movies out there.

The success of the movie led to a 2004 prequel, Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights, as well as a stage version that sold out in several countries.

The new flick finds Frances "Baby" Houseman returning to Kellerman's in the 1990s.

A new love story is set to take center stage, with a coming-of-age romance featuring a young woman at the summer camp.

According to Deadline, Baby's "own journey will intertwine with this to create a multi-layered narrative."

“While the original ‘Dirty Dancing’ has always been one of my favorite films, I never imagined I would direct the sequel,” Levine said in a statement.

“Through co-writing it, I fell in love with the characters (new and old), the world of 1990s Catskills New York, and the music, which will range from songs from the original movie to ‘90s hip-hop."

"I can’t wait to collaborate with Jennifer to bring this beautiful story of summer and romance and dancing to a generation of new fans."

"And to the longtime ones, I promise we will not ruin your childhood. We will tackle the assignment with sophistication, ambition, and, above all, love.”

‘Dirty Dancing’ is more than a movie — it’s a cultural touchstone that continues to be a rite of passage,” says Erin Westerman, Lionsgate’s president of production.

“As we approach the next chapter, we knew we had to honor the depth, the relevance, and the heat of the original. We’ve been lucky to have Jennifer as our guide and are thrilled to have Jonathan by her side at the helm, because everything he makes is textured and romantic — he always gives us goosebumps.”

There will undoubtedly be a lot of interest in any follow-up project, especially if it includes ties to the original.
Dirty Dancing Sequel With Jennifer Grey Set for 2024 Release
Gio Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

i'm sold already~!
Old 05-09-2022, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Oh okay. Hope it works
Old 05-10-2022, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

thanks for sharing
Old 05-13-2022, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Would love to see the film locations.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

they're not much anymore!
Old 05-14-2022, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

too bad
Old 05-17-2022, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Old 05-22-2022, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

You couldn't tell that Patrick and Jennifer were not on good terms.