Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-19-2004, 09:23 AM
New Fan

Are people labeling Colin?

Is Colin getting a label?...

I have seen almost all his movies and latetly he has done a lot of "cops" movies... "Minority Report", "Swat", "The recruit", they are different but are kinda in the same style. I love all those movies but yesterday my sister said: "he always do that kind of movies", and then i was worry about him being labeled in Hollywood (you know the media love to put a label in the actors)

By the way...

Im a movies fan, i watch a lot of movies and i dont care which actors are in which movie in order to watch it but you know sometimes there is an actor/actress that do the right kind of movies that you like...

So far the only actor/actress that i like absolutly all his/her movies is Tom Cruise but now i have to add Colin Farrel to my list. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

P.S: sorry for my english.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:30 PM
New Fan

I really dont get it [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] ... you want more post in order to keep this forum alive but you cant spend less than a minute just answering "yes" or "not" to a question from a Colin's fan.

I guest you all only reply to the people you know [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ 04-20-2004: Message edited NewOutSider ]
Old 04-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

Hello!

You're right, Colin has made some movies where he played some kind of law enforcement, but I don't think he's typecast by any means! I'm not worried about it either, he's got a wide variety of roles coming up, including Alexander! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

he is getting variety so dont worry!
Old 04-21-2004, 03:11 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome here NewOutSider!

I personally think that Colin is far from being stereotyped in his roles cus though in the movies you have listed like S.W.A.T and The Recruit, they might just have him act as the good guy, but they are actually different roles with contrasting plots. And he has had a variety of other roles as well with him acting as a villian in Daredevil for example so he's actually quite a versatile actor.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:23 PM
New Fan

Thank you for your replies and sorry for my last post but i was kinda mad.

I was kinda scared because first was my sister but then a couple of friends said the same thing. Once you get a "label" in Hollywood so many doors are closed and i want to see Collin for the rest of the years!!

I know his characters on those movies were different but they were almost in the same kind of films, you know, if you make a couple of teen movies you can get stuck there.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:33 AM
Total Fan

Oh yeah, teen movies can be terrible. But I'm not worried about Colin. I think he's been great in every one of his roles. And even though the ones you mentioned are similar, he's played very different roles as well. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Icon by Elya
Old 08-30-2004, 01:54 AM
Loyal Fan

he has and as you can tell now he is exploring new areas!
Cause I don't ever wanna
I don't ever wanna be You.